the.ogbizzle@gmail.com

ROCKET, Too many hackers. let me password protect my server!

the amout of hackers has increased everyday since i have been renting my server. If server owners were able to password protect their servers, the hackers wouldnt be ruining the game for us. (but abusive, private server, farming clans will destroy the game? a noob makarov is capable of killing you regardless of how good your gear is.)

i have had to resort to shutting the server down and banning everyone that was logged in when the hack incidents happen. To limit the number of potential hackers, i have also reduced the maxping from 250 to 175. ( "shotgun" troubleshooting, i also made a thread in the ban appeals secton)

Earlier today... Cherno was on fire and a helicopter was parked on top of the international hotel.

Hackers teleporting to people and shooting them point blank with an m107.

These hackers are destroying the game.

ROCKET, you took away pistols from fresh spawns as an experiment.

Next experiment: ALLOW SERVER ADMINS TO PASSWORD PROTECT THIER SERVERS WITHOUT BEING BLACKLISTED. allow this for a week. (looks like all the haters didnt read this part of the post.)

To all the people who don't own/rent a server and are going to QQ about "unfair advantage":

i would gladly give the server password to people that don't hack or possibly DONATE to the monthly server fund. I would invite groups of friends and clans to play on my secure server. There will be no unfair advantage. There will be no random hackers. (this has been blown WAY out of context. i have pleanty of cash to pay for the server and would pay extra to lock my server. Somebody that would donate to a server fund would be less likely to Hack since it would be a safe and secure place to play. please blow this out of context more.)

if you still disagree about allowing password protected servers... move along... just go back to server hopping NWAF barracks and sniping noobs in Chern. This thread does not concern you.

**edit** everything in this color was added.

Edited by JiggaMan
  • Like 7

Because everyone who disagrees with your post must be a hacker or exploiter. :rolleyes:

• Like 14

Man sucks to hear you had to shut down your server. My clan and I loved playing on your server. It was very stable and seemed to be a decent player base. Our first day on your server you and one of your clan mates wrecked us in Gorka. We had a lot of fun on your server, hope something works out and you can get one back up and going again.

if you still disagree about allowing password protected servers... move along... just go back to server hopping NWAF barracks and sniping noobs in Chern. This thread does not concern you.

Being a cock about it won't help you get your way. Maybe some of us wan't to be able to join random servers without needing a password.

• Like 7

Hacks are becoming annoying and it is getting to the point of just waisting time playing.

If patches were coming out more often I could see it being "alpha testing" but most everything bugged about a patch is known/found in the first 24-48(tops) hours of its release.

I don't think the dev's are even trying to negate the hackers, instead they are relying on BattleEye (a sub par AC that is worse than both VAC and PB) to do this for them.

Edited by Meta

Hacks are becoming annoying and it is getting to the point of just waisting time playing.

If patches were coming out more often I could see it being "alpha testing" but most everything bugged about a patch is known/found in the first 24-48(tops) hours of its release.

And then they click the magic button that instantly fixes things. They don't have to code anything new. They aren't doing this in their spare time after work or anything.

Anyways, I disagree with the OP point. I'm also not a hacker or exploiter just because I disagree.

• Like 1

And then they click the magic button that instantly fixes things. They don't have to code anything new. They aren't doing this in their spare time after work or anything.

Anyways, I disagree with the OP point. I'm also not a hacker or exploiter just because I disagree.

Pretty sure Rocket is being paid full time to work on DayZ thru BI (the way i understood it during E3 + articles about it). And several other Dev's work at BI as well.

If they atleast implement a character rollback system that way when we get fisted by hackers we can just submit a form and they just review/verify and reset back to latest save before death. Then this will discourage people from even bothering to hack.

Man sucks to hear you had to shut down your server. My clan and I loved playing on your server. It was very stable and seemed to be a decent player base. Our first day on your server you and one of your clan mates wrecked us in Gorka. We had a lot of fun on your server, hope something works out and you can get one back up and going again.

thanks for posting! i am happy to see you guys logged in when i am on. I had to check the server logs and will probably bring the server up later. it's not down forever.

Being a cock about it won't help you get your way. Maybe some of us wan't to be able to join random servers without needing a password.

you will still have tons of random servers to join. not every server will be locked. "just go back to server hopping NWAF barracks and sniping noobs in Chern. This thread does not concern you."

• Like 1

there are locked servers all the time.

with a simple look with the Six Luancher ther are currently 66 locked servers running.

I don't think locking your server is considered any worse than banning everyone because of 1 hacker. Sounds like you do what you want anyway, just go ahead and lock it..

there are locked servers all the time.

with a simple look with the Six Luancher ther are currently 66 locked servers running.

indeed. but at the moment... locking a server should get them blacklisted.

I have yet to have to deal with a hacker...YOu would think with all the hackers out there....i would have run in my 127 hours played (in a week)

lol I havent seen a hacker yet; dunno what these qq threads are about

• Like 1

OH HO you wish! do you seriously think you can just post here and not have anyone disagree with you? do you have any idea what would happen if that was a realistic expectation? this entire forum would be full of idiotic ideas like this. Now just slow down and think about this for a second. what happens you and all your friends get your passworded server. you get to run around in your private wonderland and all kit out with super 1337 gear. then what happens when you decide to play on some other server? cheating that's what.

To all the people who don't own/rent a server and are going to QQ about "unfair advantage":

i would gladly give the server password to people that don't hack or possibly DONATE to the monthly server fund. I would invite groups of friends and clans to play on my secure server. There will be no unfair advantage. There will be no random hackers.

So what then making people pay to be part of the cool club makes it ok? People that don't want to play on your server don't get to complain about unfair advantage? Are you for real? you do realize that a server can be moderated without being passworded right? try asking for server moderating ability instead of passwording ability.

P.S: I really dislike the way this guy directly addresses his thread to rocket with all caps like some kid screaming downstairs to his mom in the kitchen asking for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Honestly the whole thing has this kind of really whiny tone in my head when I read it, I duno maybe its just me.

Edited by treecancer
  • Like 10

As long as they are attached to hivemind, passwording a server opens the door to further abuse.

That said, dayz devs are asking a lot from server owners. Maybe non hived private servers is the way to go.

• Like 1

In the end the hackers will still be able to get in your server if you just hand the password out to anyone. You can try to say you'll only whitelist people who you know, or trust, but then again that just sounds like you, your clan, and your buds having a jolly good time on a private server with next to no danger of being killed by anyone.

I'm just a regular Day Z player, I have been killed by hackers, have been fucked by stupid bugs, but you know, this is alpha, these things happen. Part of the fun of the game is starting over. If having all of your tents, and vehicles destroyed bothers you, perhaps you shouldn't be playing an alpha.

If you want to actively prevent hackers from destroying your server you could do it the old fashioned way.. say.. I don't know.. monitor the server and ban people appriopriately? ADMINISTRATE, the server, if you will. :rolleyes:

But kcbanner is right. You don't seem like a very nice / fair play kind of guy. Seriously. People who disagree with you must server hop, or snipe newbies? I don't think there's enough room in this thread for such a pompous attitude. Hackers are frustrating yes, but just pick up the pieces of your destroyed body and comrades, and start anew, gather supplies and do what this experience is all about. Survive.

• Like 9

then i guess you could go do that. Server hosting is a privledge, a option, if you dont like it then stop hosting.

• Like 4

Same hash and im never on the same server twice ( limited Aussie server fill up fast :( ), so i float around alot new server each day.

but with locking a server and only having your self play, I think is more the focus with the black listing as you have free run of the server wiothout a care of running into any bandits.

so running an openly locked server would be a way to go ( apon forum registration you get pasword access, and require to be active within the community).

but all this requires complecated rule sets and also active enforcment of said rules.

the game is still in alpha and probly will be for a long time. if and when DayZ becomes a stand alone game ( using arma 3 egin :) you most likly see a much more thorough rule set.

but for now you just have to deal with people being dicks.

Anyone who locks a server and doesn't make an outlet to get new players on server is just hurting themselves. Without other players to combat the game is boring. It is purely the PVP aspect right now that makes the game interesting.

• Like 3

Anyone who locks a server and doesn't make an outlet to get new players on server is just hurting themselves. Without other players to combat the game is boring. It is purely the PVP aspect right now that makes the game interesting.

Most Sandbox games endgame is.....pvp.

I think the reason they aren't doing a lot about hackers is because they are working on creating the game. If they spent all their time chasing hackers, DayZ wouldn't progress at all. So we stay in alpha, buggy as hell, no new features, but hey, there will be less hackers :D

There is a shitload of people playing DayZ.... how many are complaining about hackers? .002%?

I'm not saying only a few people get fucked by hackers, but most of us move on, minimal fucks given, and just get on with it.

• Like 1

2 reasons why this won't be happening.

1. Most servers will end up password protected, and it will be shit

2. People will password protect their server while it's empty, then loot everything, and then let everyone back in again.

Alternatively, they'll just lock it down forever just so they can get the best loot in game and use it all in other servers.

• Like 3

i have had to resort to shutting the server down and banning everyone that was logged in when the hack incidents happen.

I honestly don't think that the OP should be running a server in the first place is this is the kind of attitude he is going to take to some supposed hacking of which we have no proof.