Sign in to follow this  
Jackftw

THIS is how the game should be

http://www.dayzmod.com/images/gallery/dayz-gallery_p3.jpg

Taken from the front page of the website. Why is the game not like this? Why are their only 3-5 zombies in any given area? Why aren't there just overwhelming masses of flesh eating zombies? Can you imagine firing your gun and killing a player, and then having to worry about hurrying up and looting, knowing there is a horde of zeds just rushing their way to your position?

In a zombie survival game, you should have to be worried about zombies. You should have these intense moments where you're out of ammo, and running for your life desperately trying to find a way to escape (alt-f4 if you're a douche). If they were to add a ton more zombies to the game they would have to make a change. Make the zombies slower, and take 1-2 more shots to kill.

If Zeds were to be like this, the game would be AMAZING.

I guess it's a tricky one to get the balance right. I've seen quotes from Rocket saying that they just wanted the Zeds to provide a backdrop for what is ultimately a survival game. Maybe I'm not as good a player as you but I've had some of those moments that you mention above.

Current Loadout: Beans.

Edited by Fraggle

Your game will crash. You will be stuck in the server and be eated by those zombies before you finish reading this sentence.

Play the experimental 1.7.2.1 patch. Zombies never despawn there. I heard about a point where there were over 1,300 zombies in game at once. Sure, I bet it was laggy, but THAT is an apocalypse. Give me 1,300 zombies. Make them FAST. Let them zig-zag, hit through walls, and agro from 1.2k. I bet PvP rates will drop.

It's a pretty sight but have you thought about the lag? There's just as many pros as cons and there's unfortunately restrictions to everything, buddy.

Edited by nightpaws

Well you may be right on the amount of lag that it may cause. I agree with the thread maker because one hundred to two hundred zombies with about 20-30 players isn't as scary as 1,000 zombies with the same amount of players. It will make you question your actions, should i shoot this survivor for his equipment when their are zombies nearby? I actually liked the high zombie count in the experimental test patch server, i barly even wanted to go into town with all the amount of zombies! There were players that did and they had to waste alot of ammo to get the job done, it wasn't impossible but it wasn't easy for them either.

In theory a good point, but let me first loot a new notebook ^^ My game is not working smooth with the current state of the game and i have to find small servers to play...with that fictional changes i could give up playing this. I guess i am not the only one.

It would a lovely sight to have a heap of roaming zombies, but the performance issues would be horrendous. It just isn't feasible at the moment with the way the Arma 2 engine works and how detrimental it would be to the gameplay.

Lower res on zombies might help if there is going to be 1300+ lol

It would be crazy if you had 200+ zombies in each town if only . . .