Sign in to follow this  
vincenty0

HORSES!!!

What if dayz had horses? I think that would be actually ok, because since vehicle spawns are really hard to come upon. Im not saying that horses are gonna be easy to find but having more transportation wont hurt. Thing is with a horse you must find the saddle and feed it. I dont know but to be honest i think it would actually work.

• Like 4

It's not actually a bad idea, simply because I'd be using a horse during a zombie Apocalypse. Much more quiet than a car or truck lemme tell you that. I think the food and saddle idea is a good one too.

Indeed, would be kinda cool :)

@Tempest, yeah sounds good to ride a horse when it is of meat and blood... no thx, a car is much more safer :D

This would be very cool.

Hopefully it lasts longer than Rick's did in Walking Dead. (ep.1)

I'm all for this idea, once the loading issues and other alpha stuff is fixed, but after that I say hell yeah! :)

Sounds like a cool idea. I don't think it'll hurt anyone, really.

More transportation instead of walking 50 minutes from point to point.

• Like 1

Do you think, if you found a wild horse, you could just saddle-up and ride it?

• Like 1

Horses would be awesome. Faster travel, additional carrying capacity (saddlebags), who would not like that?

Of course, just walking up to a wild horse and saddling it would not work, but if there are cows around, why not tamed horses?

Feeding should not be a big issue with all the grass around, as long as you give your horse time to grass that should be fine. Water on the other hand should be wawtched, if your horse gets thirsty find a pond and have it drink.

But one thing should be noted, since horses are easily scared, they should bolt if zombies come to close.

I would like to see horses as well but having two types of horses. the already tamed stray horse and the wild untamable horse.

Already tamed horses would be horses that got loose after the zombie apocalypses and are indicated by a bridle on them. to approach them you would have to walk slowly when close enough grab the reins and you got yourself a horse but if you let go of the reins the horse can wonder away so tie them up somewhere. they can be stolen by other players if found. these horse would be easily spooked by zombies and will buck you off if you get to close to one. then they will run out of range of the zombies and just go to eating grass or something. you will wind up with damage ranging from broken bones to being knocked unconscious and/or end up zombie food. to avoid this, before heading into a town you must tie the horse to a tree or fence on the outskirts of town and head in on foot. horse needs to eat and drink so take it to lakes or ponds and have grass or bushes around for it to eat. leaving your horse for to long can have it stolen by other players. if it is left it will also starve after eating everything in the area or die of dehydration because there is no water around.

Wild horses would not be tamable but would add another source of meat for players. found in herds running through fields and forest areas they are a good source of steak.

Edited by Zera_Grey