Sign in to follow this  
half27baked@gmail.com

Admin Duping & ESP on Dallas 69

Thanks for providing your side of the story. You claim you didn't see any duped bodies at the campsite? Well, that can help the devs when they look at the logs. I can guarantee you they were there just as in my screenshots. How do you think they got there? Do you think I, without a Ghillie Suit, somehow cloned these bodies just to frame you? Well, as said before, if the DayZ team is interested by the information I provided (with clear screenshot evidence of the dupe taking place by SOMEBODY) they can easily look and see who it is with all of the documentation I provided. I don't think I'd be stupid enough to get myself banned.

Let me emphasize something from your post, and here's a direct quote:

You didn't have too look too hard, someone was kind enough to come in here and explain in in this thread in not so descriptive terms (thanks xhalek) how your friends were doing this. And to be honest, after seeing an admin involved, I really thought I should report this.

Also, your buddy Anthony combat logged which is strictly against your server rules from the MOTD messages. But I guess you'll justify it by saying, "It's ok to combat log if WE think we're being attacked by an ESP hacker".

Obvious friends defending each other is obvious from this thread. your friend Jtyler has already pretty much admitted this exploit happened and, in not so many words, implied that it's not a big deal and they "shouldn't be punished" for exploiting. You're the admin on the server... your friends are duping... pretty suspicious behavior in my opinion.

Even if he was my friend, I did emphasize on following the rules to them, and I will emphasize it to you, combat logging is bannable, but the thing is, why is it that he was dead in the base if he combat logged? the devs can check the log, and see him dead! He died m8, I really am serious here, they both died! and we had to loot their bodies, and put whatever in one tent, well its not there anymore, but still, they were both dead unless there were more people there!

Thanks for providing your side of the story. You claim you didn't see any duped bodies at the campsite? Well, that can help the devs when they look at the logs. I can guarantee you they were there just as in my screenshots. How do you think they got there? Do you think I, without a Ghillie Suit, somehow cloned these bodies just to frame you? Well, as said before, if the DayZ team is interested by the information I provided (with clear screenshot evidence of the dupe taking place by SOMEBODY) they can easily look and see who it is with all of the documentation I provided. I don't think I'd be stupid enough to get myself banned.

Let me emphasize something from your post, and here's a direct quote:

You didn't have too look too hard, someone was kind enough to come in here and explain in in this thread in not so descriptive terms (thanks xhalek) how your friends were doing this. And to be honest, after seeing an admin involved, I really thought I should report this.

Also, your buddy Anthony combat logged which is strictly against your server rules from the MOTD messages. But I guess you'll justify it by saying, "It's ok to combat log if WE think we're being attacked by an ESP hacker".

Obvious friends defending each other is obvious from this thread. your friend Jtyler has already pretty much admitted this exploit happened and, in not so many words, implied that it's not a big deal and they "shouldn't be punished" for exploiting. You're the admin on the server... your friends are duping... pretty suspicious behavior in my opinion.

And no I am not implying that your trying to frame anyone, I just did not see anything, I promise you if I had, you would of seen it already, if you see any of this activity again, I am always on the forums, so you can send me a message, and I have said that many times on the server, and the pictures of these people, and poof they are gone! Why don't you understand that even if they are my friends, I won't protect them if they want to ruin the game for themselves! I try to keep things in the server at balance, no abusive activity nor hacking, I am trying to do the best I can! I can even upload a video of us destroying heli's and other equipment that are not even in DayZ like an apache, just to keep things fair!

Even if he was my friend, I did emphasize on following the rules to them, and I will emphasize it to you, combat logging is bannable, but the thing is, why is it that he was dead in the base if he combat logged? the devs can check the log, and see him dead! He died m8, I really am serious here, they both died! and we had to loot their bodies, and put whatever in one tent, well its not there anymore, but still, they were both dead unless there were more people there!

This is basically admitting to him combat logging in your own words. SetDown was killed when I first approached camp, I thought I shot at anthony too but I believe I hit one of the clones he was standing next to. He combat logged as soon as he could. He wasn't very smart either, he logged back in at the same place I had been watching, I sprayed him with a couple bullets but he combat logged again. I don't know what happened after that but he certainly didn't die by my hands unless he bled out from hourglass from being injured and combat logging.

And no I am not implying that your trying to frame anyone, I just did not see anything, I promise you if I had, you would of seen it already, if you see any of this activity again, I am always on the forums, so you can send me a message, and I have said that many times on the server, and the pictures of these people, and poof they are gone! Why don't you understand that even if they are my friends, I won't protect them if they want to ruin the game for themselves! I try to keep things in the server at balance, no abusive activity nor hacking, I am trying to do the best I can! I can even upload a video of us destroying heli's and other equipment that are not even in DayZ like an apache, just to keep things fair!

Let me lay out what I think is going on. I think your friends were duping and I think you were complicit. The fact that you came to the camp after I killed your buddy (and one combat logged) and found and killed me yet DID NOT see these blatant clones standing around is in my opinion an obvious lie and a huge indicator that you are complicit. Then again, I was there. DayZ devs can look for themselves to make a judgement. It isn't my call, it's their's.

Edited by shorty27

This is basically admitting to him combat logging in your own words. SetDown was killed when I first approached camp, I thought I shot at anthony too but I believe I hit one of the clones he was standing next to. He combat logged as soon as he could. He wasn't very smart either, he logged back in at the same place I had been watching, I sprayed him with a couple bullets but he combat logged again. I don't know what happened after that but he certainly didn't die by my hands unless he bled out from hourglass from being injured and combat logging.

Let me lay out what I think is going on. I think your friends were duping and I think you were complicit. The fact that you came to the camp after I killed your buddy (and one combat logged) and found and killed me yet DID NOT see these blatant clones standing around is in my opinion an obvious lie and a huge indicator that you are complicit. Then again, I was there. DayZ devs can look for themselves to make a judgement. It isn't my call, it's their's.

If your going to keep accusing me of being a lier, so be it, if you think I am helping out these guys... So be it, im tired of trying to convince you, that I did not see anything while I was there, nor is there anything now, or before I was there, I took pics of it, and if the dayz dev team want to see it, I will show them it personally! But anyways I'm tired of you accusing me, but you've showed your proof, and I have said what needed to be said... and as you said "its their call"

- Ach out

If your going to keep accusing me of being a lier, so be it, if you think I am helping out these guys... So be it, im tired of trying to convince you, that I did not see anything while I was there, nor is there anything now, or before I was there, I took pics of it, and if the dayz dev team want to see it, I will show them it personally! But anyways I'm tired of you accusing me, but you've showed your proof, and I have said what needed to be said... and as you said "its their call"

- Ach out

You've got screenshots, but you don't want to provide to defend yourself and your friends after all of this other effort?

Well, I've got some new pictures to share. After all of these rebuttals and attacks on my character I've felt the need to justify my post and clear the air providing as much information as I can. So I decided, "Well, these guys' forum IQ doesn't seem to be very high, they are pretty much embarassing themselves. I wonder if they were smart enough to move their camp?". You claim you went there and looked and nothing was there. Well, why does it look like the server conveniently restarted and saved your tents and shit, I wonder what the odds of that are?

(( These screenshots were taken around 12:45 PM (Central, -6 GMT, Texas), on July 14th, 2012 On Dallas 69, the same server listed in the OP ))

arma2oa2012-07-1412-37-29-40.jpg

arma2oa2012-07-1412-40-22-73.jpg

For the record I blew this crap up again as a reward for the time spent. Used an M107 to kill some engines for the first time, definitely a nice option.

Edited by shorty27

OPs story does actually make out well. It is a very well known bug right now with 1.7.2.3 that if you put on camo/ghillie and log out, your character will stay in as a "clone." You can then proceed to loot that clones body. As soon as someone re-logs, all the clones will disappear for them.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/36876

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/36841

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/36852

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/36800

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/36782

There are multiple bug reports about this duping issue.

@OP - next time, take a screenshot of the multiple clones to help provide more evidence.

You've got screenshots, but you don't want to provide to defend yourself and your friends after all of this other effort?

Well, I've got some new pictures to share. After all of these rebuttals and attacks on my character I've felt the need to justify my post and clear the air providing as much information as I can. So I decided, "Well, these guys' forum IQ doesn't seem to be very high, they are pretty much embarassing themselves. I wonder if they were smart enough to move their camp?". You claim you went there and looked and nothing was there. Well, why does it look like the server conveniently restarted and saved your tents and shit, I wonder what the odds of that are?

(( These screenshots were taken around 12:45 PM (Central, -6 GMT, Texas), on July 14th, 2012 On Dallas 69, the same server listed in the OP ))

For the record I blew this crap up again as a reward for the time spent. Used an M107 to kill some engines for the first time, definitely a nice option.

Since you claim these guys have a low Forum IQ, please re-read what the admin just stated. "Before i was there", re-read that stuff. Not even sure why you bothered coming back, but since all those pretty gears are there i can imagine.

so your blaming me that the tents came back up, because of server restart, really wow! I have god powers now! I can bring shit back up! Learn where to point your fingers, this is a DayZ problem, not mine, I run the server, I don't fix these bugs! every base I've seen, or had, tents popped up right after server restart, when I logged in I already left this base, and you clearly stated that you destroyed everything, I did not say that I did not see anything in the base, I said I did not see any suspicious activity like bodies standing up, not tents back up, that happens in every server, in every server restart! So please learn what is a bug, and what is an exploit, you think they wanted to have tents up again all over the place?

• Like 1

OPs story does actually make out well. It is a very well known bug right now with 1.7.2.3 that if you put on camo/ghillie and log out, your character will stay in as a "clone." You can then proceed to loot that clones body. As soon as someone re-logs, all the clones will disappear for them.

@OP - next time, take a screenshot of the multiple clones to help provide more evidence.

Thanks for the post! But as I said, next time he has to really take pictures of the studied bodies, I've seen people flying heli's and found their names, but all I can do is kick them, in hope to destroy the chopper, there are well known bugs/exploits, but I CAN'T do anything about it but try to manage it, but the thing that pissed me off about this kid, is he is calling me a cheater, a lier, a hacker, and an abuser, when all I did was help some friends out at their base, which is not very mature in many ways...

Please look back at the OP. The first two screenshots provided have the clones in them, the 2nd to last is a screenshot of one of their inventories. I didn't think at the time to "Study Body", so my bad on that. But still warrants a look by devs through logs if they are interested.

so your blaming me that the tents came back up, because of server restart, really wow! I have god powers now! I can bring shit back up! Learn where to point your fingers, this is a DayZ problem, not mine, I run the server, I don't fix these bugs! every base I've seen, or had, tents popped up right after server restart, when I logged in I already left this base, and you clearly stated that you destroyed everything, I did not say that I did not see anything in the base, I said I did not see any suspicious activity like bodies standing up, not tents back up, that happens in every server, in every server restart! So please learn what is a bug, and what is an exploit, you think they wanted to have tents up again all over the place?

I was saying what are the odds the server disconnected quickly enough after 9:00 PM CST to restore all of your stuff. What I was implying, sarcastically, is that you probably restarted the server soon after finding out what I did in order to save your stuff. It's a common theme that's been described by other players against other admins as well. It's also a recurring trend into the activies of this camp and warranted continued documentation.

Edited by shorty27

This is my input. The fact that crosshairs were on means he couldof done a 360 scan with it open and couldof seen you with it. You'd be suprized what you can see with it. If factors add up you can see someone at 3 clicks.

This is my input. The fact that crosshairs were on means he couldof done a 360 scan with it open and couldof seen you with it. You'd be suprized what you can see with it. If factors add up you can see someone at 3 clicks.

Sadly I did not record the kill, but if I was in front of him, why did he not already take a shot with his M107?

Yeah, you're absolutely right, however I was suspicious and thought to provide as much information as I could.

Sadly I did not record the kill, but if I was in front of him, why did he not already take a shot with his M107?

Never know if you've got mates with you, I'm a patient hunter and I don't just act on impulse alone. I figured someone would roll back to the camp after I caused some shit. Possibly a group of people.

Yeah, you're absolutely right, however I was suspicious and thought to provide as much information as I could.

Never know if you've got mates with you, I'm a patient hunter and I don't just act on impulse alone. I figured someone would roll back to the camp after I caused some shit. Possibly a group of people.

The fact is I did not Dupe, Exploit, Abuse, Cheat, Hack, or any of the things you accused me of! Those are pretty strong words to use, when I did not do any of it, I said ill talk to the other guys on what they were doing, and see their side of the story, but anyways, you only came here to flame, if that is the only cause for you to really create a DayZ forum account so be it, but I'm leaving the rest to the Devs. Don't accuse admins on every little bit of problems you find, you've showed your proof, and if you want to give out more please do!

Please look back at the OP. The first two screenshots provided have the clones in them, the 2nd to last is a screenshot of one of their inventories. I didn't think at the time to "Study Body", so my bad on that. But still warrants a look by devs through logs if they are interested.

Ah yes, I missed them due to the ghillies! That is exactly the bug that is in the currently version of the game with ghillies/camos.

• Like 1

The fact is I did not Dupe, Exploit, Abuse, Cheat, Hack, or any of the things you accused me of! Those are pretty strong words to use, when I did not do any of it, I said ill talk to the other guys on what they were doing, and see their side of the story, but anyways, you only came here to flame, if that is the only cause for you to really create a DayZ forum account so be it, but I'm leaving the rest to the Devs. Don't accuse admins on every little bit of problems you find, you've showed your proof, and if you want to give out more please do!

I don't think bringing evidence and a documented story in a pretty constructive and respectful fashion is "flaming". There's good examples of flaming in these subforums but I don't believe my thread, unless you count jtyler, your first buddy to come in here and defend your actions, could be labeled "flaming".

Like I said, I've tried to be as constructive and informative as I could. You're now trying to distance yourself from your friends, but the fact that you're on teamspeak with them and help them when they are attacked leads me to believe you are in collusion. That's why I brought this here instead of coming to you first. We'll leave it to the Devs to decide.

• Like 2

Why are we arguing... holy crap all he did was report a potential exploiter. He never said they ARE cheating they NEED to be banned. He did what he should by reporting suspicious activity. Give him a round of applause, we need active people doing this. Secondly, regardless of any argument you make it will not change the outcome of this as it is in the hands of the DayZ staff now so why bother?

I don't think bringing evidence and a documented story in a pretty constructive and respectful fashion is "flaming". There's good examples of flaming in these subforums but I don't believe my thread, unless you count jtyler, your first buddy to come in here and defend your actions, could be labeled "flaming".

Like I said, I've tried to be as constructive and informative as I could. You're now trying to distance yourself from your friends, but the fact that you're on teamspeak with them and help them when they are attacked leads me to believe you are in collusion. That's why I brought this here instead of coming to you first. We'll leave it to the Devs to decide.

Out of all of this, what would you like to conclude, what would you like to be done?

Out of all of this, what would you like to conclude, what would you like to be done?

My intent was to bring this to the attention of the community and devs.

For the community:

It's important to know of and avoid servers where there is admin abuse taking place. I think I've provided enough evidence to warrant a look into whether or not you were complicit in these dupings.

For the developers:

It's important for them to know who, what, where, and how these exploits are taking place. Especially when an admin may be involved. It is their perogative whether or not to punish for these actions. I'm merely doing the job of the alpha tester.

Edited by shorty27

Why are we arguing... holy crap all he did was report a potential exploiter. He never said they ARE cheating they NEED to be banned. He did what he should by reporting suspicious activity. Give him a round of applause, we need active people doing this. Secondly, regardless of any argument you make it will not change the outcome of this as it is in the hands of the DayZ staff now so why bother?

I am not trying to argue, but he is accusing me, he said I "AM" cheating, that I "AM" hacking, that I "AM" abusing, he is not talking about these guys anymore, he has switched from them, to a complete admin abuse stance, which is wrong, yes it is good that he has come forth with this, but proof always suffices! video's and pics are there to prove people with their names, and them caught in the action, he is showing pics of tents, and of tents coming back after server restart, which is a known problem with every server, it is not a hacking method, nor did I even restart the server at that time, I was sleeping, and not even on the server, nor do I know when it restarted, I came on, and was heading to cherno to help a friend up, then I read this post, and it frustrated me that's all, accusation's should only be given to those you have caught doing that action! that's all I am going to say, and yes we should leave this for the devs.

• Like 1

My intent was to bring this to the attention of the community and devs.

For the community:

It's important to know of and avoid servers where there is admin abuse taking place. I think I've provided enough evidence to warrant a look into whether or not you were complicit in these dupings.

For the developers:

It's important for them to know who, what, where, and how these exploits are taking place. Especially when an admin may be involved. It is their perogative whether or not to punish for these actions. I'm merely doing the job of the alpha tester.

Well good for you then! Hopefully everything turns out the way you wanted it to!

• Like 1

I am not trying to argue, but he is accusing me, he said I "AM" cheating, that I "AM" hacking, that I "AM" abusing, he is not talking about these guys anymore, he has switched from them, to a complete admin abuse stance, which is wrong, yes it is good that he has come forth with this, but proof always suffices! video's and pics are there to prove people with their names, and them caught in the action, he is showing pics of tents, and of tents coming back after server restart, which is a known problem with every server, it is not a hacking method, nor did I even restart the server at that time, I was sleeping, and not even on the server, nor do I know when it restarted, I came on, and was heading to cherno to help a friend up, then I read this post, and it frustrated me that's all, accusation's should only be given to those you have caught doing that action! that's all I am going to say, and yes we should leave this for the devs.

I like how when you reference my screenshots you don't mention the clones which are in the screenshots, which you claim you never saw even though you admitted to looting the guy i killed who was right next to them... duplicating them... And two hours later when I returned to take screenshots they were still there in the same spots as before.

That's the core issue here, which is duping, I also mentioned some suspicious activities by you finding me, but I didn't say anything along the lines of "undeniable proof he's hacking", I simply said it along with all of these things posted above are pretty suspicious and worth looking into.

Edited by shorty27
  • Like 1

I like how when you reference my screenshots you don't mention the clones which are in the screenshots, which you claim you never saw even though you admitted to looting the guy i killed who was right next to them... duplicating them...

That's the core issue here, which is duping, I also mentioned some suspicious activities by you finding me, but I didn't say anything along the lines of "undeniable proof he's hacking", I simply said it along with all of these things posted above are pretty suspicious and worth looking into.

EDIT: Around 9:00PM CST my buddies helped me by picking me up and taking me back to this spot on another server. I then proceeded to join Dallas 69 to take screenshots and destroy this abomination...

You don't accuse me, but you have the post with the title " admin abusing, and ESP on Dallas 69?" that is more than enough proof that you are accusing me! now I did not see those clones at the time when you raided the base, and you took this way after I logged off from the server!

Great! you just killed me, while I was posting this! thank you!

You don't accuse me, but you have the post with the title " admin abusing, and ESP on Dallas 69?" that is more than enough proof that you are accusing me! now I did not see those clones at the time when you raided the base, and you took this way after I logged off from the server!

Great! you just killed me, while I was posting this! How the hell did you know I was hiding under that tree?

Edited by Achillius

Great! you just killed me, while I was posting this! thank you!

I don't know what you're talking about, I haven't killed you. Although I have had people PM me asking for the coords of your camp (even though, lol, I posted them in the OP from the start), must have been some of them. :)