Sign in to follow this  
jimmy163

Change your face!

Why does everyone run around with the same boring default face. There's such a large range to choose from and 99% of them I have never seen in-game.

Change your face! It will make the game a bit more interesting and also it makes it easier to see who is who.

I'm currently an old man with reading glasses turned badass.

Edited by jimmy163

The first thing I did when I fired up the game the first time was change my name and facial appearance.

• Like 1

I've seen people in videos with face paint and such, but I can't find the option for it. I know in the ARMA player profile screen you can switch between the different faces, but they're all just regular faces or zombie faces. Was this something from a previous version that has since been dropped?

I play as an only white haired/ bearded guy with a crossbow and hunting rifle :P

I play as the old man with sick aviators XD

Most people just don't even know about the profile options, I would assume.

I've seen people in videos with face paint and such, but I can't find the option for it. I know in the ARMA player profile screen you can switch between the different faces, but they're all just regular faces or zombie faces. Was this something from a previous version that has since been dropped?

Those are custom faces,look for a mod called "Rocco's faces"

I am sporting the William Wallace look this season, blue face paint is all the rage.

Whats funny is in 3rd person all I see are that my ears are painted blue, but when I roll I get a quick glimpse of my face.

In game is there another way to see your face?

Edited by Stormcricket
  • Like 1

Those are custom faces,look for a mod called "Rocco's faces"

cool. I'll give that a shot. I tried doing the method where you just drop "face.jpg" into your arma folder, but it only allowed the custom face on my first profile, which is not the profile I use to play DayZ.

How do you change the appearance for the female players. All I can see in the profile option is male faces.

I play as william wallace with those big goggles on

How do you change the appearance for the female players. All I can see in the profile option is male faces.

There's only the one skin for females

okay, I figured out how to change your secondary profile's face. In your documents folder (windows 7) there is a folder called other profiles drop the skin file you want in the folder inside that folder with the profile name i.e. Documents>Arma 2 Other Profiles>L%2T%2e%20Smash (Mine looks weird because of the periods and space in my name. This is an alternative to fully installing another mod.

Edited by L.T. Smash

I look like michael jordan with aviators. Black = harder to spot at a distance. I don't have an ounce of racism in me either, so don't even start. It's actually rather true though. When I'm with my group, they have a hard time spotting me but can find each other in the tree line rather quickly. Especially if I'm in camo. Usually the white face sticks out like a sore thumb. Not me. :)

You must have ACE mod downloaded then you change your face through there :)

Mind you, not all servers support custom face textures. It puts a burden on the network traffic.