Sign in to follow this  
Str8beastin408

Underground Bases?

I believe Rocket's idea is super cool, but I think it's really iffy to me at the moment. Like a bomb shelter then expanding it, that is a good concept from the interview, and maybe that would be the core for safety/storage to the player, and the entrance can be through a building which would be the instance and so there would be a sort of tension between Bandits raiding your home, your base, your safe-zone. That would actually be more on a sensible side to me. Then you find fuel etc and generators for electricity. An Underground Base vs. A Town that you build off the ground and make it defensible. The Town would be another great edition for probably a group of 30 survivors than a Underground base that can basically hold the same amount, but the Town would seem more immersible. Just merely my suggestion. Thank you for reading.

Eh, either idea is kind of "Meh" for me. Underground bases don't make sense to me, and above-ground towns would probably lag the shit out of the server.

Not sure where you read about this idea, but I do like the idea of having underground areas in the game. Sewers should be one of the primary ways of getting around the cities, and I can see huge underground structures at the military areas along with bomb shelters set up around the smaller towns, giving people more of a reason to go to them.

Edited by Zipper -82ndAB-

He just said it on a interview on gamebreaker.tv. They are rendering and uploading the vod soon.

I feel though that Rocket should tweak it the idea a bit so, it makes sense so we don't have random people underground for no reason. Also in Metro 2033 it takes place in Russia and uses the famous Russian Subway station, ( which i forgot the name of) and so adding more urban environments would be a great idea for subways also.

I didn't like the idea of underground bases before rocket said it, and I still don't. I just hope they don't fuck the mod up for a long while.

Rocket said that he wanted to be more "authentic" than realistic, so this is a different approach on a zombie apocalypse home, I don't support the idea fully yet, but I would love to see it discussed more, because this will be like a big feature in the stand-alone game.