FrankFisher

Laptop players? Your specs

I need an idea of how well you can run DayZ I don't know how much to spend on a decent laptop.

I wouldn't suggest playing THIS game on a laptop.

unless your laptop has a graphics card like nvidia 4xx - 5xx plus....

A decent 4-8 gbs ram.(ddr3)

and at least an i3-i5....

well I play on a desktop but my friend I play with uses a Laptop, the specs being:

CPU: i7

RAM: 6GB DDR3

GPU: Integrated Intel Graphics

He plays on Low settings and it runs pretty smoothly

I am playin on:

ASUS N55SF

Intel® Core™ i5 2410M 2.3GHz

4GB DDR3 1333MHz SDRAM

NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 555M 2GB DDR3 VRAM

And I play on low-normal settings with 20-30 fps, I am little bit dissapointed because of performance with this graphics, but what can I do? Do you think that upgrading to 8GB RAM will help me?

I don't know but from what I heard you need to spend heaps just to get an average laptop

I play this game on ultra with a laptop... but it's not a normal laptop.

samsung series 7 gamer

i7 2670qm

radeon 6970m

8gb ram

256gb SSD

Darkey... more ram MAY help, but won't make a huge difference. THe biggest change may be in getting an SSD, but they're pricey. Overall the 555m is your issue though.

I recently moved across the world and will be returning in a few years... hence, I didn't want a desktop.

I found this laptop for $900 on ebay, Usually retails around $2000 now. Obviously would never have spent that much

Yay ebay :)

Edited by sudZ!
  • Like 1

I am running

Intel® Core i3 CPU M 380 @ 2.53GHz

6GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 315M 512MB

It runs at around 30FPS with tweaked normal settings. I was concerned about running the game before I purchased it too, so I downloaded the Arma II OA demo to double check :)

I wouldn't suggest playing THIS game on a laptop.

unless your laptop has a graphics card like nvidia 4xx - 5xx plus....

A decent 4-8 gbs ram.(ddr3)

and at least an i3-i5....

what are 4xx?

I am running

6GB RAM

It runs at around 30FPS with tweaked normal settings. I was concerned about running the game before I purchased it too, so I downloaded the Arma II OA demo to double check :)

shit that's good tweaking
  • Like 1

I am running

Intel® Core™ i3 CPU M 380 @ 2.53GHz

6GB RAM

Oh man i have got 2gb memory graphic card and I play on low, this is not fair! :(

BTW, how did you tweak it? :)

Edited by DarkeySK

I am running

6GB RAM

what are 4xx?

I mean nvidia graphics card version 400 and up....440,450,460(gt,glh,gtx)

um basically I suggest avoiding a laptop if possible.Too expensive and not upgradeable equals not the best choice for gaming.

I mean nvidia graphics card version 400 and up....440,450,460(gt,glh,gtx)

um basically I suggest avoiding a laptop if possible.Too expensive and not upgradeable equals not the best choice for gaming.

Its a personal opinion, I'm looking at 600 and 500 cards, I have the money the money aswell.

Well I have my DayZ files on RAMDisk and I have disabled Antialiasing, Postprocess effects and changed Shadow Detail to Normal. I am new to PC gaming so a game running perfectly might mean something completely different to me ah xD

Well if you don't care about money then go for it .

and in 2 to 3 years go for it again....cause that's the normal lifespan of a laptop :P

anyway hope I helped you a bit.

cya around mate.

Well I have my DayZ files on RAMDisk and I have disabled Antialiasing, Postprocess effects and changed Shadow Detail to Normal. I am new to PC gaming so a game running perfectly might mean something completely different to me ah xD

You have your DayZ files on RAMDisk? What is that? Never heard about it...(Im not Native speaker) :P

You have your DayZ files on RAMDisk? What is that? Never heard about it...(Im not Native speaker) :P

Apparently the game relies on your hard drive speed heavily (I don't know the details). So using a software called RAMDisk you can make a small partition in your hard drive and make the game load DayZ from it. The partition you create would have a lot faster processing speed than your main drive.

I used this video

I run ArmA on a shitty laptop

AMD Phenom II X3 N830

Radeon HD 6650M

4gb ddr3 ram

i play it with very-low settings, i don't care about the graphic cause i love this mod and the graphic it's not all :D

I don't know but from what I heard you need to spend heaps just to get an average laptop

i run find on my gateway

Ignore what I have said xD I just ran fraps alongside DayZ and it is saying anywhere between 15 - 25. I clearly don't know what I am talking about when it comes to PC games aha! It all looks the same to me

My friend has an Alienware M14x and he was complaining about the performance while playing DayZ, even at low/normal graphics settings.

I guess it must be rough playing on older laptops since a lot of PC players complain of the performance as well.

My specs are:

Intel® Core™ i7

-2630QM

4GB RAM

Nvidia Geforce GT540M

And i play DayZ on normal settings pretty smoothly ;)

So you don't need such a beast PC to play it...

Edited by EvoX

Running it on:

i7 2630QM

gtx 560m

8gb ram

I actually think this game looks awesome on medium settings (720 res). I do get some slowdown when I zoom in, but the game runs pretty good. I've been able to max every other game I've tried on this laptop with 1080 res besides this and Skyrim.

I think this is plenty of power but the HD is what is holding most back.. A SSD would probably help a lot, and is very nice to have anyway. Maybe that Ramdisk program will help, still haven't tried it out yet.