DrBearthon

FFA PvP Full Loot games like Dayz breed the worst gaming communities?

Hi all,

I have played other games like Dayz with the Free For All Player vs Player Full loot perma-death type games, such as APB and Mortal Online which have amazing gameplay elements and its getting destroyed by the worst of the worst ill mannered gamers, such as racism, hacking, bullying etc etc. How do you prevent this happening to DayZ?

At the moment the DayZ community is nice, especially with the balance designated rescue squads and bandit squads, but I feel eventually the trolls will get the better and will drive alot of people away.

I really enjoy this game and don't want what happened to many other games like this, so how do you prevent the community worsening over time?

I'm not talking about bandits, I'm talking about racist, arrogant, immature, hacking, bullying trash.

Edited by DrBearthon

The removal of global chat has pretty much eliminated any arrogance, racism, and bullying from being a problem. And as for hacking Rocket seems to ban people on a regular basis that are found to be hacking. Everything else is just part of the game.

This is a hardcore game. From personal experience, DayZ is not what I would call a great community but it's definitely one of the better ones considering.

Hi all,

I have played other games like Dayz with the Free For All Player vs Player Full loot perma-death type games, such as APB and Mortal Online which have amazing gameplay elements and its getting destroyed by the worst of the worst ill mannered gamers, such as racism, hacking, bullying etc etc. How do you prevent this happening to DayZ?

At the moment the DayZ community is nice, especially with the balance designated rescue squads and bandit squads, but I feel eventually the trolls will get the better and will drive alot of people away.

I really enjoy this game and don't want what happened to many other games like this, so how do you prevent the community worsening over time?

I'm not talking about bandits, I'm talking about racist, arrogant, immature, hacking, bullying trash.

Worst idea ever -1. This would totally wreck the game consept itself.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA OH MY GOD GOOD ONE DRBEARTHON

I hang around reddit rescue force, so my opinion might be a bit distorted :)

I've noticed alot of people trolling about how hard zombies are and losing gear, but its nothing compared to the games mentioned

Why everyone's a complete and utter douche online is a question that has hounded me for years.

I blame rising computer literacy.

Afterthought: Nothing worse than a moba for community.

Nothing.

Edited by Somepants

Part of the game is that it's harsh and can reflect peoples attitudes in the real world. At least here if someone upsets you or is rude you can break their legs and watch them try and crawl away from you. That's usually a good moment to explain to them why you find their views offensive.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

At the moment the DayZ community is nice

I'm not sure if I agree with this statement here considering a lot of people here call each other names and other profanities just cause they don't agree on something. People disagreeing politely are probably outnumbered by the ones that are just plain rude.

I'm not sure if there is already an age survey thread or not in these forums. But I would think that communities in general, would be pretty bad and overall, less mature if the majority age group consists of mostly people in the teens that get an adrenaline high out of acting tough on the internet.

But, I'd agree with someone that said he blames the rising computer literacy. I mean, more and more people that use the internet are getting younger and younger. I watched on TV not too long ago about a girl that knows how to use an iPad, yet can't tie her own shoes yet.

Edited by Whattteva

At the moment the DayZ community is nice..

You must be new here.

This forum is already cancer ridden as well as the servers (hackers and the likes), the fact of the matter is it cannot be stopped until very strict sanctions are made to prevent it from happening.

We're now into an age were kids all have easy access to the computer, internet, phones ect and have no control over it.

So long as people are safe in their house they will say the most horrific things to anyone. But take away that screen and give them a person in front and the majority wouldn't make a peep.

Thus is the cancer.

• Like 1

You must be new here.

This forum is already cancer ridden as well as the servers (hackers and the likes), the fact of the matter is it cannot be stopped until very strict sanctions are made to prevent it from happening.

We're now into an age were kids all have easy access to the computer, internet, phones ect and have no control over it.

So long as people are safe in their house they will say the most horrific things to anyone. But take away that screen and give them a person in front and the majority wouldn't make a peep.

Thus is the cancer.

Like I say, I have come from reddit where everyone is generally nice.

From what I've seen there is alot of acts on kindness ingame and not everyone is a bandit, calls each other names, brags and what not, so its not completely horrendous yet. But when it gets even more popular I feel it might get worse and worse to the point of losing players.

A: This community suffers from an abundance of asshats

B: Some of it is rocket's fault because I can't tell some of his comments/posts from some of the other asshats. That's right - he set the tone and did so very poorly.