Sam Maunder

DayZ Update 1.5

New update for DayZ Alpha! BIG update!

Visit: www.mediafire.com/dayz for download details. Or visit http://www.dayzmod.com/downloads.php to skip that.

UPDATE : 27 APR 2012

Affected addons:

* dayz_code 1.5

* dayz_equip 1.1

* dayz_weapons 1.1

Database:

* [NOTICE] Everyone's Medical, Bandit Status, and Humanity has BEEN RESET (As long as you weren't logged in!)

Changelog:

* [FIXED] Bandit morphing occuring at really bad times (although can occur at bad times)

* [FIXED] Can be killed while waiting to turn into a bandit

* [FIXED] Cans of mountain dew spawn causes an error and do not spawn

* [FIXED] Satchal charge spawn causes an error and do not spawn

* [FIXED] Humanity doesn't increase passively (increase: 150 every 5 minutes)

* [FIXED] Antibiotics not spawning

* [FIXED] Bug in spawning propabilities not recognizing higher probabilities

* [FIXED] Players sometimes start with broken legs

* [FIXED] Too many chemlights in a pack (Changed from 10 to 5)

* [FIXED] Morphing to a bandit removes all stuff in backpack

* [NEW] Rebalancing of spawn probabilities for Many building types

* [NEW] M107 TWS removed from spawning (will be achievement/side mission item)

* [NEW] Sandbags activated as loot (built sandbag walls are NOT persistent. well... not yet anyway)

* [NEW] Entrenching tool activated as loot (sandbag + etool = ?)

* [NEW] Thrown Grenades, Empty Soda Cans, and Empty Whiskey bottles distract zombies (briefly)

* [NEW] Walkers may investigate thrown items depending on day/night

* [NEW] Walkers may investigate noises (any noise)

* [NEW] Minor optimization of Local Zombie Management while loitering (client-side)

* [NEW] Start weapon changed to Makarov

* [NEW] More buildings added to loot/zombie spawning

More cars? Bikes? anything? Fix logging problem? Slow down zombies?

Lol slower zombies.... Also did you not see the massive list of fixes, what gave you the impression you are entitled to every little thing you think needs "fixing"?

* [NEW] Start weapon changed to Makarov

This makes me concerned for newer players. We already have people throwing fits over new players getting killed.

I think the idea is the Makarov is a little less suited to killing players, so new players won't just open fire on other players for no reason with so much success as the .45 currently gives.

So' date=' anyone confirm if direct chat is working again :x

[/quote']

This.

+1

People are dying because of this! The horror!

So' date=' anyone confirm if direct chat is working again :x

[/quote']

This.

+1

People are dying because of this! The horror!

Direct chat is a must to be fixed!

Still not fixed for me, and a group of 5 others I found, we had to like add eachother over steam and coordinate through that voice chat.

Still not fixed for me' date=' and a group of 5 others I found, we had to like add eachother over steam and coordinate through that voice chat.

[/quote']Dont forget the server provider can switch VON Off server side, please ask for confirmation that it is infact on.

Oh it's on, several people in the server are able to communicate through DC, just the great majority cant. Should also confirm that voice is going through, but it's just not heard. Ive ran into several people while trying to figure out if it work saying that they can see my characters mouth move, but no talking, and as I said no text.

@Redrick,

Which server were you on at the time.

Can you confirm this happening (no voice, no text) on other servers.

You should probably use the BUG REPORT section, rather than the 1.5 release thread since that is what the Bug Report section is for and there are not any bug reports for your problem yet.

---

Regarding the 1.5 patch:

I can't wait to give it a try. It sounds like good stuff. Thanks Dev's

Barricades ALREADY, this is just too good. on the other hand i have ants on my keyboard now, because since this mod has come out I've had to eat in-front of this computer, leaving crumbs down in the deepest depths of the unknown (the space underneath the keys). Just realized how fat that makes me sound haha. wait what was i talking about again.... oh yer, Awesome work, my body is ready....

VOIP is hardly bandwidth intensive. Why would server admins switch it off, when they have the option to mute people.

The Makarov is a decent starter pistol. Good choice. I am anxious to log in and check it out. Also the beginning of base building seems exciting. Will be anxious to try it out as well. Installing 1.5 now!

This sounds good. Probably going to install in the morning just to make sure that any bugs that are in this update have the chance to be rooted out.

S2K I think this describes all of the dev team, couple of days ago all we heard was stomping on teamspeak, he was stomping ants :D