rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.3 Rolling Update

Are servers supposed to be hacking the time so it is always daylight? its getting really annoying the number of night servers have decreased and Zeds see better in daylight now.

This happens because the server has low fps, it also got stuck to daytime when I ran my server @ UTC -7. It will fix upon server restart, the servers are not hacked.

What happens if my internet drops out?

Call your ISP up and ask them why your internet dropped. If their poor service is detrimental to your needs, as seems to be the case, then find a new ISP. If you have no better ISP choices in your country or area then perhaps a hardcore perma death game such as Dayz is not suitable to your hardware / internet connection limitations and you should find a new game to play.

None of that should EVER effect how the game progresses. Bottom line is:

• Friend ran out of fuel in RL, got to go pick him up ASAP?
  • ISP dies every 5 seconds?
  • Raptors rampaging on the interstate, got to go take pictures?
  • Mummy pulled the plug on you?
  • PC overheated and died?
  • Power cut?
  • A upsetting case of mistaken identity lead to 5 ninjas attacking your house?
  • Need a wee wee / poo poo?
  • Dinner time?
  • Friends arrived?
  • Girlfriend is moaning at you to do something?
  • Jehovas witnesses at the front door?
  • Tree fell on the roof?
  • Lightning took out your cables?
  • Game crashed?
  • Rogue pigeon smashed through your window and gouged out your eyeballs?

Tough -- Fucking deal with it.

RL should always come before a game -- That doesn't mean a 'multiplayer, PVP enabled, hardcore game' needs to conform to your RL. If a RL situation trumps you playing the game, then wait until you can log out safely or take the potential ingame death like a man.. Life's a bitch. If you want a game where you can press pause or disconnect whenever you damn well feel like it regardless of what's happening in game, or have some hardware / internet / software / external problem and expect to log back in unaffected, then play a single player game.

Edited by itputsthelotion
  • Like 5

Call your ISP up and ask them why your internet dropped. If their poor service is detrimental to your needs, as seems to be the case, then find a new ISP. If you have no better ISP choices in your country or area then perhaps a hardcore perma death game such as Dayz is not suitable to your hardware / internet connection limitations and you should find a new game to play.

None of that should EVER effect how the game progresses. Bottom line is:

• Friend ran out of fuel in RL, got to go pick him up ASAP?
  • ISP dies every 5 seconds?
  • Raptors rampaging on the interstate, got to go take pictures?
  • Mummy pulled the plug on you?
  • PC overheated and died?
  • Power cut?
  • A upsetting case of mistaken identity lead to 5 ninjas attacking your house?
  • Need a wee wee / poo poo?
  • Dinner time?
  • Friends arrived?
  • Girlfriend is moaning at you to do something?
  • Jehovas witnesses at the front door?
  • Tree fell on the roof?
  • Lightning took out your cables?
  • Game crashed?
  • Rogue pigeon smashed through your window and gouged out your eyeballs?

Tough -- Fucking deal with it.

RL should always come before a game -- That doesn't mean a 'multiplayer, PVP enabled, hardcore game' needs to conform to your RL. If a RL situation trumps you playing the game, then wait until you can log out safely or take the potential ingame death like a man.. Life's a bitch. If you want a game where you can press pause or disconnect whenever you damn well feel like it regardless of what's happening in game, or have some hardware / internet / software / external problem and expect to log back in unaffected, then play a single player game.

Congratulations on saying what I couldn't be bothered to type! have some beans.

Bear traps are spawning more often, much appreciated!

But please take a look again at vehicle and tents, they tend to screw our days.

• Like 1

I;ve noticed that even when there is no loot or only trash loot, backpacks are always there. They don't spawn and despawn the same way other loot does.

yeah, I don't know what's going on with the loot. it seems at first I'm finding nothing at all. then it's all crowbars, hatchets, and car parts. then the good stuff finally starts spawning

I get the feeling it's something they did to combat server-hopping. it seems when I rush into an area, I find nothing. I just wish they were a little more open about telling us how it's supposed to be working. otherwise it just lead to a bunch of "OMG THIS GAME IS BROKEN, I FINDZ NO LOOTZ!!!"

Bear traps are spawning more often, much appreciated!

I haven't even seen one yet. and I haven't seen a toolbox in a long time

ROCKET:

Fix the tent duping bug already before your staff gets even more upset about tents/gear being duped that we as players can not help nor do anything about. I've got a few tents I wanted to get rid of but nope, every server reboot they are back and so is the gear that was inside of them. So yeah, FIX please?

I haven't even seen one yet. and I haven't seen a toolbox in a long time

Only bear trap I saw was on someones dead body at NWAF which promptly disappeared from my inventory next login, horray! I've searched and cleaned out farms and gone back several times a day with no luck yet, so still a very rare spawn in my eyes.

I wish zeds weren't so evenly spread out in towns and cities. It's like 1 zed to a building. Makes looting too predictable. Maybe zed numbers could be focused in random areas of cities and walk around randomly in small to large groups. Currently zombies don't have any group behaviour, which I hope gets implemented in the future

Bear traps are indeed far, far too rare They're something which should be a lot more common in such a rural setting.

There is however another glaring issue with them and I hope that the dev team fixes the busyness of bear traps for the next patch as it's basically possible to lay a perpetually set bear trap (Will go off every time you walk over it) which is invisible and dupe another bear trap into your inventory.

I wish zeds weren't so evenly spread out in towns and cities. It's like 1 zed to a building. Makes looting too predictable. Maybe zed numbers could be focused in random areas of cities and walk around randomly in small to large groups. Currently zombies don't have any group behaviour, which I hope gets implemented in the future

yeah. MOAR zombies, and would be awesome to have some large groups of zombies, like in the walking dead.

I think wire fencing should be removed. Zed walk right through them, so it is pointless for zombie defense. People blockade good loot areas. Plus, half of the wire fencing that are placed are bugged so even if u have a toolbox there is no option to remove the wire, even if u are looking at the little metal pole on the wires. Plus they cause visual graphic bugs, ruining the vision to look ahead. It's rediculous. Wire fencing and the steel metal blockades should be removed. Sandbags are great, since they dont cause visual glitches and people can hop over them.

Remove the wire fence/steel blockades, and make the entrenching tool more common.

Peace.....

I was in Elektro at the firestation close to the market. I logged on the server and started loading DayZ. At the loading screen,when I got to "Setup completed,please wait",I suddenly saw the screen with "Wait for 5 seconds to respawn" and the impact and broken leg symbol showing up and at the chat it was showing "vanden (me) was killed by Cody (Friendly fire),but i didn't even log on yet. When I spawned,I was at the wilderness with a few survivors standing still,two laying down dead and my gear was empty. Tried logging on another server and spawned back at the coast. Can someone tell me what the hell happened?

I think wire fencing should be removed. Zed walk right through them, so it is pointless for zombie defense. People blockade good loot areas. Plus, half of the wire fencing that are placed are bugged so even if u have a toolbox there is no option to remove the wire, even if u are looking at the little metal pole on the wires. Plus they cause visual graphic bugs, ruining the vision to look ahead. It's rediculous. Wire fencing and the steel metal blockades should be removed. Sandbags are great, since they dont cause visual glitches and people can hop over them.

Remove the wire fence/steel blockades, and make the entrenching tool more common.

Peace.....

yep, I get those graphics artifacts from barbed wire too. it makes me want to avoid any area with barbed wire, cause it can get real bad, to the point I can't see shit

I was in Elektro at the firestation close to the market. I logged on the server and started loading DayZ. At the loading screen,when I got to "Setup completed,please wait",I suddenly saw the screen with "Wait for 5 seconds to respawn" and the impact and broken leg symbol showing up and at the chat it was showing "vanden (me) was killed by Cody (Friendly fire),but i didn't even log on yet. When I spawned,I was at the wilderness with a few survivors standing still,two laying down dead and my gear was empty. Tried logging on another server and spawned back at the coast. Can someone tell me what the hell happened?

I think that was someone killing you from the 'debug zone'

edit: it just happened to me but it didn't say anything about friendly fire. it just said "daze23 was killed" and I spawned in the 'wilderness' with nothing. I left that server right away, and joined another one. then I spawned on the beach by Balota, with all my stuff (I think i was near Green Mountain before)

I think it has to do with the 'corrupt data' that was spawning people in the debug zone. now the fix is it spawns you on the coast. but I don't know...

Edited by daze23

I'm stuck on loading.. in most of servers using 1.7.2.3 and 95208

srly.. in 10 attemps for play just 1 i connect the rest stuck on loading..

i realy want play like i play 1.7.5 just perfect.. can loading realy fast and shit.. i try everthing i read to fix.. nothing work..

what can i do? and plus i just can open arma 2 for six launcher.. and if i download prev versions of beta or dayz six force update and its sucks.. because i cant play anymore.. please someone help me

Something like that happend to me, because Battleeye had an issue with updating. I even died and stood next to my corps and wasn't able to interact with my body.

So... I kept on disconnecting until I sorted out the battle eye manual update. Than I spawned with all my gear at the cost. Could be worse though. Try to update Battleeye.

@Austendude:

I think they are fine, as long as they don't come back at server restart. Toolboxes aren't that hard to find in this update.

Edited by ToasterDiagramm

I'm stuck on loading.. in most of servers using 1.7.2.3 and 95208

srly.. in 10 attemps for play just 1 i connect the rest stuck on loading..

i realy want play like i play 1.7.5 just perfect.. can loading realy fast and shit.. i try everthing i read to fix.. nothing work..

what can i do? and plus i just can open arma 2 for six launcher.. and if i download prev versions of beta or dayz six force update and its sucks.. because i cant play anymore.. please someone help me

are you sure you're "stuck"? sometimes it just takes a long time. it seems I either get right in, or I'm "loading" for 5+ mins. but I always get in eventually

Appears to be some cleanup related desync issues causing some stuttering and long initial load in times (similar to previous patches). Will look into this for a hotfix.

Please keep the feedback coming guys.

@Austendude:

I think they are fine, as long as they don't come back at server restart. Toolboxes aren't that hard to find in this update.

I'm guessing you don't get artifacts from them

Is the following bug already aknowledged by the devs ? -

When you drive a vehicle in a town with buildings in which equipment should spawn, then there is no spawn of equipment happening.

I tested this with many towns right after server reset - all buildings were empty. However, when u drive out of town and walk back in, then the equipment will spawn normally.

I'm guessing you don't get artifacts from them

I do get arifacts, but only from random things. I can't say that I get them from wire and traps in particular.

When you drive a vehicle in a town with buildings in which equipment should spawn, then there is no spawn of equipment happening.

I tested this with many towns right after server reset - all buildings were empty. However, when u drive out of town and walk back in, then the equipment will spawn normally.

that's what I was saying. when I 'rush' into an area, there's no loot. it seems you have to be in an area for a certain amount of time before stuff starts spawning. if that's the case, I think that amount of time is a little too long

I think it's just happening in general.

Re: vehicles and loot

I've experienced this just RUNNING into a town, you're going "too fast" for the server to register you're there and to start spawning items. Fix is just to back away about 100-120m from the town or building and slowly approach and loot will have spawned. Very annoying but yet another bug that we don't know when it will be fixed.

• Like 2

that's what I was saying. when I 'rush' into an area, there's no loot. it seems you have to be in an area for a certain amount of time before stuff starts spawning. if that's the case, I think that amount of time is a little too long

Same thing for helicopter crash sites? I mean, you have to be on fot before they spawn? Because i have been around the whole map now, diving with my ural. And i have not seen a single crash site yet.