rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.3 Rolling Update

Considering there's no way to tell whether your game crashed or you lost connection due to things outside of your control or whether you instigated the event, it's likely that you better hope not to have such issues when rocket's solution (whatever that may be this time around) kicks in. As for the technical side, you can create a new body with equipment on it.

All he has to do is fix saving on connection lost. Let's see how he's implemented it before we get excited. Plenty of time for torches and pitchforks after release.

I know what MMO stands for, do you know what a MUD is without even Googling it? this is far from an MMO, is CoD an MMO? Is Battlefield an MMO? Nope and their servers host more players than any of the current servers for DayZ. Do these servers support 100+ players on them at any given time? Nope. Are these servers hosted by the company themselves? Nope, hosted by other people just like us. Far from an MMO.

As for the kiddo comment, I am far from a kiddo and "grown things to discuss"? Haha ok, you continue on in your fantasy land. I wasn't flaming anyone just stating that the way it was sounding was lets turn this from DayZ into that other game! I'm all for improvements but some of these suggestions are just silly and are MMOish.

Does cod and battlefield keep the loot you last picked up? Do they even have loot you need to collect? Do they require you to brave your own story? Do these game keep you on a certain place of the map or server persistent? Do they require you to craft a fire to keep warm? This game shares many characteristics with an Mmo. I'm not here trying to play wow but this game can use some more depth.

Please kiddo... Relax.

Then your character would just stand for some seconds before logging off (lets see what Rocket has in his sleeve).

Also you would not suggest that other people should suffer D/Cers because you might have bad connection right?

You are wrong, it IS game breaking when some douche bag alt+f4 even when he started the fight, change server, repositions and then comes back and kill you. It is the BIGGEST problem we have now because as the DayZ is now, it is mostly about PvP and since you can alt+f4 like dbag, it breaks game.

So man up, dont D/C in fights and if your internet goes down take it like a man and accept whatever has happened to your character in those moments before you were logged off.

Please read what I actually said. I never said anything about server hopping. A simple cooldown can fix that(simple idea, not application.) I was refering to looting bodies. As for the internet dropping, this isn't a competitive game. It's open sandbox. We aren't scored, paid, or anything of the like. This is a game mod. It's meant to be fun, not vindictive and ultra-super-real. People are getting way too heated over things that when it comes down to it, are not going to ruin your life. Change your play style and adapt. If you think they are going to hop. Do it yourself, or change servers and stay on the new one. Don't take the moral high ground on a video game, seriously, that will get you no where.

I digress.

The only bug I've noticed is the tent duping on server restarts. Put in equipment, save, take out equipment, server restarts and tent reverts back to the last saved version. You now have x2 the items. Add in a tent inside the tent and you can make a colony.

Being killed and losing all of your gear isn't a real consequence?

Not when it is so easy to rearm. Sure its 15-20 minutes vs a few seconds between a round in a dedicated PvP game, but still.

Edited by Yeti

I know what MMO stands for, do you know what a MUD is without even Googling it? this is far from an MMO, is CoD an MMO? Is Battlefield an MMO? Nope and their servers host more players than any of the current servers for DayZ. Do these servers support 100+ players on them at any given time? Nope. Are these servers hosted by the company themselves? Nope, hosted by other people just like us. Far from an MMO.

As for the kiddo comment, I am far from a kiddo and "grown things to discuss"? Haha ok, you continue on in your fantasy land. I wasn't flaming anyone just stating that the way it was sounding was lets turn this from DayZ into that other game! I'm all for improvements but some of these suggestions are just silly and are MMOish.

I don't know if you've listened to any of Rocket's live streams, but he wants this to be a player generated MMO. He wants users to create cities and bases, currency, IE a real post apocalyptic zombie world. Comparing this game to Battlefield and CoD is ridiculous, no matter how popular those games are. Go play a small map on Arma II if that what you are looking for. The goal is to build a "realistic" zombie infested world, and adding realism has everything to do with that. Though, I will say, I should probably have been adding my comments to the suggestions page and not the rolling update page.

I wish this thread was filled with bugs and reports of the current patch, not 70 pages of people quoting each other trying to get the last word in to feel important. Please remember why we are here.

• Like 5

We need choppers choppers choppers! :lol:

Wrocket I want a colourful name :(

Edited by Dez.

I wish this thread was filled with bugs and reports of the current patch, not 70 pages of people quoting each other trying to get the last word in to feel important. Please remember why we are here.

I think most of the major bugs have already been reported here, many many times.

I don't know if you've listened to any of Rocket's live streams, but he wants this to be a player generated MMO. He wants users to create cities and bases, currency, IE a real post apocalyptic zombie world.

No I haven't listened to any of his live streams, if that's what he wants it to be than so be it I'm all for it, but we are FAR from that point right now, and I don't think it's currently possible with the current engine to do most of the things suggested so until the game gets put on its own engine we just have to go with what limitations there are with the current one. Suggestions are fine but right now 90% of things suggested above are not possible I don't believe with the current engine and probably won't be for a good while until we're into beta status at the earliest, which is a far ways off, just look at how many bugs we have with the current small amount of items and all in the game? Imagine if he implemented some of the stuff like guns jamming etc. mentioned above, it would create even more bugs with the current engine/code than it would add to the game and is not worth it at this point.

Rocket really needs to get a KickStart going so he can get a good team together and build DayZ on a decent engine instead of relying on the current Arma 2 engine and its limitations. I mean what he's done so far is great, but I think it could be EVEN BETTER if he had support and money to actually help the development process along.

I want a good Zombie Apocalypse game just like everyone else and I think DayZ is way on its way there, rocket just needs some more support and a good engine that will allow him to actually do things he wants without having to worry about bugging up 10 other things for adding 1 thing in.

Edited by kicktd

Im pretty happy with the Arma 2 engine.

And that said, I've got a feeling that when/if DayZ becomes standalone, it will still be using the Arma 3 engine..

It wouldn't make sense to go with a different engine at this point unless they made their own like NS2 did.

(which is still pretty close to steam from the look of the editors etc..)

Usually when a mod becomes stand-alone, it still goes with the engine it was built on.. the devs just come up with the money to buy a license so they can actually sell it.

Im pretty happy with the Arma 2 engine.

And that said, I've got a feeling that when/if DayZ becomes standalone, it will still be using the Arma 3 engine..

It wouldn't make sense to go with a different engine at this point unless they made their own like NS2 did.

(which is still pretty close to steam from the look of the editors etc..)

Usually when a mod becomes stand-alone, it still goes with the engine it was built on.. the devs just come up with the money to buy a license so they can actually sell it.

Arma 3 will only be released in 2013, so it doesn't make sense that DayZ will actually use the engine first in this year, which means we're probably going with Arma 2 engine! Anyway, i can't confirm that, just saying.

Arma 3 will only be released in 2013, so it doesn't make sense that DayZ will actually use the engine first in this year, which means we're probably going with Arma 2 engine! Anyway, i can't confirm that, just saying.

I agree, that's what we're seeing now.

This is a test, as mentioned a million times before.. more than that, it's an experiment.

What that tells me is that the idea will be perfected here and then moved over to Arma 3 when it's time for bug fixing and final features.

2013 isn't that far off.. I doubt DayZ will be the flagship for the engine, but I would be surprised if the "final" version of DayZ doesn't end up on the Arma 3 engine.

My guess is that a "lite" version of DayZ will be released on Arma 2 when it's "done"

But the Arma 3 version will be a standalone product, which may or may not be included in a "Collector's Edition" of Arma 3.

Edited by Cyanyde

Ok, new bug, or what ever the fuck happened. My friends and I are running through mountains, suddenly we hear shot fired, then shots thorough glass, after that i turn to military zombie and lose control of my character so i dc, shooting stops after i dc, then my friends dc, we wait to see if server will go empty, because we suspected a hacker, server is still full, so we go back and they spawn in a stun. And none is shooting at them, i also spawned in stun, like we dced from aggroed zombies. Also we spawned few about 500-600m behind the place it all happened.

NO turk we can't move on you're abusing an exploit .... you're now saying that you don't exploit justifying it with some BS reason that you're escaping whatever BS back-stab you received ... just fuck off ... sorry rocket, dev's anyone affiliated with this mod in a production sense and anyone moderating this forum and thread but this is an issue that needs to be addressed, Turk has clearly stated he abuses alt f4'ing for personal gain and this should be addressed. I know it's impossible to link a forum name to an in-game name but ban this guy from the forum and if possible link his name to in-game.

Turk personal message from me: you're a dick in the wrong but clearly too IQ deficient to realise it, (I have to use it) go back to COD and leave this game to people who can take being killed like a man.

• Like 1

NO turk we can't move on you're abusing an exploit .... you're now saying that you don't exploit justifying it with some BS reason that you're escaping whatever BS back-stab you received ... just fuck off ... sorry rocket, dev's anyone affiliated with this mod in a production sense and anyone moderating this forum and thread but this is an issue that needs to be addressed, Turk has clearly stated he abuses alt f4'ing for personal gain and this should be addressed. I know it's impossible to link a forum name to an in-game name but ban this guy from the forum and if possible link his name to in-game.

Turk personal message from me: you're a dick in the wrong but clearly too IQ deficient to realise it, (I have to use it) go back to COD and leave this game to people who can take being killed like a man.

CoD never played it, surely killing others for fun is the mark of a cod player?

Ands as you obviously can not read (or refuse to and would rather talk smack about someone) it seems rather pointless continuing on this subject. I have stated 3 times now i alt f4'd once very recently, when there was little point in playing further due to a stale mate situation, yes i was pissed having helped someone to then be shot in the back (literally) by the gun i had given him & this & this alone was the reason for my mentioning it. Why the hell should I lie? Come to think of it why the hell am I bothering to proove myself to a ranting kid.

Just get over your apparant need to argue with other people over such trivial matters.

Only 1 person should be banned and thats you for such blatant abuse.

Screaming "fuck off" & Calling someone a "dick" is not exactly the sign of a high iq now is it? Especially over something so pointlessly tediously miniscule in importance.

LOL Ban away. As I am positive there is only 1 person so petty to consider a 1 time alt f4 "crime" i will say now my in game name is the same as here.

ps isn't this a bug report thread?

Edited by Turk
  • Like 1

I have nothing left to say to you, you're abusing exploits in this game and trying to justify them with BS reasons. BL DHF

EDIT: Also clearly caught you revert to "sod off" I rest my case with adolescent.

Edited by Goosey

Miss the point much?

Original point was people altf4 ing to prevent murderers looting your body. I say f'ck em, if they shot me i'll alt f4 all day long.

But they aren't shooting you for items (food, weapons) when camping the f'ing supermarket full of food when they have a stanag or some other top weapon, they are just killing for kill count, zzz. If people were actually starving thats ok, thats within the spirit of the game.

The suggestion was to not remove pvp but to give an alternative to thoose who actualy wanted to loot players without killing them.

I'd happily hand over my gun, food, meds etc if i could survive, a form of being able to hold someone up would be extremely welcome imho. But i'm not ignorant to the fact theres a lot of bored people who find it fun to kill someone for the sake of it, I don't condone it but I agree it adds a huge cautious element to when entering the large towns.

I'd like to be able to hunt someone, steal their stuff but not kill them.

As it is i only shoot when shot at.

Had to link this specifically "alt f4 all day long" just for reference

yes get ready to get temp ban or join the game with a sickness cos the game will think you dc when you trying to join servers that dont loads cos of the magic patches.

yes yes its Alpha but dont come qq when it happens

Had to link this specifically "alt f4 all day long" just for reference

Wow you realy are determined to argue over nothing.

Anyway I'll admit to trolling you. now stop as i have reported your verbal abuse. it needs to end now.

btw sod off is on par with shut up these days.

Edited by Turk

Moderator Notice: User was warned for this post, content moderated for a week.

Reported me for verbal abuse ... lol ok, carry on i won't report you gmae exploit abuse because all the information needed for my case is needed in this thread.

Rage not really, but if i saw you IRL I might well send you to hospital just for the lol's =D "I'M RAGIN" lol lol lol

Edited by Legacy

Reported me for verbal abuse ... lol ok, carry on i won't report you gmae exploit abuse because all the information needed for my case is needed in this thread.

Rage not really, but if i saw you IRL I might well send you to hospital just for the lol's =D "I'M RAGIN" lol lol lol

now physical threats - truely a sign of a genius.

lol please stop feeding me, it's the internet kid, i can sprout abuse all day long. You stating abuse of a game mechanic in it's forum (when it's been stated as an exploit) is surely a bannable offence.