rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.3 Rolling Update

Spawned at the beach, but my stuff is still there. Just want to mention.

So far everything stable from my point, played about 3 hours. Infected seem ok, had one aggro about 70 meters when crouchrun in gras ,but guess its ok. Seems that they hear gunshots not that far anymore, dont know if its intendet.

Sometimes they spawn inside the lower stage at a deer stand ,locked inside.

Oh, and havent seen any beartraps at all.

I'm experiencing some issues with refilling water bottles.

I refill my empty water bottle, move away from the pond, and log off. When I log back on I'm at the right location but my water bottle is empty.

If I do the same, but move any item between my backpack and main inventory before logging off, my water bottle is full when I log back on.

It's as if the inventory wasn't saved unless directly manipulated.

Maybe related, I seem to have a near-infinite supply of hand grenades. I had two grenades in my inventory, and threw one. The counter didn't go down, so I kept throwing. The counter only went down to one when maybe 8 grenades had been thrown.

Then upon relogging, I had two grenades again.

This is all wearing a ghillie suit, which may or may not be influencing things.

The issue with zombies seeing you at longer distance isn't that bad. I think it's more realistic (if possible in zombie game) that you cannot crawl two meters in front of a zeds face and it's just a matter of getting used to it and learn how it works.

But strange thing happend to me and my buddies last night. We were in Berezino and zombies were obviously broken. I know that they spawn all at one place in large groups and than they spread around, but this time, they were running around, chasing something that wasn't there or laying on ground moving their heads but staying on place. Than they have spotted us when we were in the large red building on a top floor, not moving. They have lost sight of us immediately, but it was strange. We haven't seen them acting this strange anywhere else but Berezino.

Edit: And we experienced fps drops when staying in Berezino for a while. Reconnecting helped tho.

Edited by Vrook

Found a 1.7.2.3 - 94945 erver, connected to it and am playing there. The patch works.

Im just hanging on "wait for host" since last night no matter what server I try :( on both pc and laptop which usually both work fine.

Worst issue so far:

My friend gets extreme rubberbanding sometimes. He rewinds 400-500m for some reason, only happends to him though.

But generally the game is working just fine.

Edited by Limo

Zombies are fine. A bit more difficult to cope with, yes, indeed, but after all this is a zombie apocalypse survival game instead of a sole PvP hunting game.

Ye and as soon as i post something to the point i get hurled with abuse for not having anything to back up my story so no i do think its a realistic request thanks mate

i was just talking about your request for a PM dude.. the reason u get hurled with abuse is cos there are tens of thousands of people reading and posting on here, goes with the turf. There is no way rocket and his small team can repond to every post. Stop being so small minded and get over it... your an anonymous number just like the rest of us! :)

Edited by mjr_havok

i was creeping, zeds miles away.. next thing Im being hit by one.

I dont know how i can avoid them atm. They seem to have no rhyme or reason to pull or not pull, sometimes v close and fine, other times miles away and im crouched and suddenly the scream and run to me and attack.

• Like 1

Been playing for roughly 10 hours or so with 1.7.2.3, it is as good/stable to me as any other. Sure, the common bugs are there (never-ending ammo for m1911/revolver/DMR, sometimes glitchy item handling, some desync/rubberbanding, zombies standing frozen or not decaying after logout, having to respawn to get your pre-patch character back) , but all in all, it works well.

There is nothing wrong with zombie detection. To those that think "but that zombie just aggroed 200 meters away!", well, remember that detection is now chance/risk-based. It has a small chance of detecting you, that rises when you stay in its sights or when you run.

A lot of the issues stem from using the wrong beta patch, server setup, wrong HIVE-setup and combinations of these. Using 94876 on an updated HIVE-server with the right DayZ-files and the right Battleye and command-line options on a stable PC will work fine.

Appears to be some cleanup related desync issues causing some stuttering and long initial load in times (similar to previous patches). Will look into this for a hotfix.

Please keep the feedback coming guys.

• Like 8

Had a few issues. I logged in fine the first time after the patch the next time i logged in I spawned on the beach at Kamenka but with all my gear intact.

Taking meat from animals seems a little broken now, you gut an animal and can't access its inventory to get at the meat we've found you have to run away say 20 metres and then come back and the option to take the steaks will be back. Also sometimes if you click hide body you can then access the inventory to take the steaks in the spot where you shot the animal.

Had similar backpack issues to previous posters too. Shot someone and took their coyote pack yesterday they had a full bag with an AK etc in it. I emptied it and replaced it with the contents of my Alice pack including a m4 etc, ran around doing stuff for about an hour afterwards. Logged in again later on and all my stuff in the bag had gone and the guys original contents were back in.

Also later on My bag ate my L85 :(

All good though means I have to go hunting/searching again.

I have noticed that I'm now having a bit more trouble connecting now. I don't want to shit on the parade about all the recent patches focusing on stability and connectivity, but I've never had stability problems, or connectivity problems until the last few patches.

FPS drops too.... :(

1.7.2.3 is runnig fine for me except following problems:

1. on some servers really long loading times (waiting for character, "loading",) up to 5 minutes, seems to work better on freshly booted servers

2. loosing items in backpack -> happend a lot of times to me now. i had something in my backpack, lets say a DMR and some medical stuff. i then put all the stuff from the backpack to the ground, picked up some lootpiles and removed them from their spawn points. after that i picked my DMR and the medical stuff up again. after ~1 hour or so i switched the server and had all the crap from the loot pile in my backpack. DMR and medical stuff gone.

the other day i had a M9 SD in my backpack and some tools aswell (wanted to give these things to a freshly spawned mate). wenn we finally meet in cherno he didnt need the stuff anymore so i threw it away and picked up some other stuff. after reconnect to the server i had the M9 and the tools back. i couldnt do anything to get rid of them. tried putting the stuff in dead zeds and letting their bodys despawn -> after relog/server change M9 and stuff were back in my backpack...

sometimes i could get rid atleast of one item... after 20 attempts it finally saved my backpack.

i dont know if there is anything special i did what make this happen but it happens quite often since the last patch.

@grammar nazis: english isn't my native language, go flame someone else.

Edited by NoHopeNoFear

*snip*

There is nothing wrong with zombie detection. To those that think "but that zombie just aggroed 200 meters away!", well, remember that detection is now chance/risk-based. It has a small chance of detecting you, that rises when you stay in its sights or when you run.

Think I've got to disagree. I had a particularly loverly example eariler: Was lying down, not moving, up against the edge of a non-enterable building(one of those large factory-looking things). Suddenly I hear a zombie aggro sound-effect from the direction of the building. Several moments(during which I still don't move because I don't know whats going on) later, two zombies come barreling around the corner after me. After I killed them I made sure to examine the building, and it is not enterable(at least not by players?).

Some time later, I decide to just sprint across an open field through about six or zeds to a barn and just kill whatever chases me. Turns out only one of the zombies saw/heard me. Ran right in front of at least three of them, but they never aggroed.

And of course I'm skipping all the times that zombies have aggro'd seemingly out of the blue from the far side of buildings or walls or managed to turn around and see you lying prone from over 100m away. Zombie aggro IS busted fairly well, and it's completely inconsistently busted at that.

• Like 4

Generally everything seems to be working fine.

The only issues I've had upon updating to 1.7.2.3 was having my Ghillie suit replaced by starter skin, and finding that my L85A2 had disappeared from my inventory.

Running fine for me too.

Using DayZ mod files 1.7.2.3, OA Patch 94945 & Battleye client 1.61.94945.

Like most people i couldnt use the latest OA patch, until i updated my battleye.

Not noticed much if any desync/rubber banding since i updated battleye and latest OA patch.

As mentioned already, I still get the odd (half empty) clips of ammo being suddenly full/replenished upon connecting to a different server after say playing on one for an hour or two.

Zed behaviour seems ok, certainly a lot better than what is was in previous mod file releases (1.7.2 etc) The zeds are more of a problem now, rather than just a mere inconvenience.

Only thing i'd like to see fixed as soon as possible is the Zeds walking through buildings/walls/fences etc. Not sure if this is a code related problem or a collision model problem though. But i'm sure this will get fixed in due time.

All in all, a vast improvement right across the board in my humble opinion. Keep up the good work Rocket & co.

Edited by GeordieMarv
  • Like 2

1.7.1.5/94700 --> 1.7.2.3/94876

without alternate clothing

Transition worked perfectly. Didn't even have to respawn.

I do not experience buggy item loss anymore, and the framerate has improved greatly in cases where it wasn't good before.

Loading times have not improved though. More like it's become worse.

So far, I have encountered no major bugs/issues since several hours of playing on different servers. As previously said though, zombies should be fixed so that they can't attack, nor walk thorugh walls sometimes.

Edited by Vitdom

Can anyone confirm that Ghillies are working if you put one on, and that you won't loose gear or spawn in the sea? Yet to find anywhere that confirms the fix in the patch notes.

Zombie aggro is working better than ever. It's not perfect, but for the first time it seems fair. Zombies no longer aggro you from behind a house that's 100 meters away and that's a big improvement.

Loading times are long, but once ingame the game seems smoother than ever.

A lot of the issues stem from using the wrong beta patch, server setup, wrong HIVE-setup and combinations of these. Using 94876 on an updated HIVE-server with the right DayZ-files and the right Battleye and command-line options on a stable PC will work fine.

Haven't been able to test because of connection issues to servers. Fingers crossed, only four variables (and your own system that makes it five so yeah) to choose from. Tough love these alpha games, however great. As far as I know we can't even tell if server is using latest Hive-version. Server side is a happy mess atm, servers using versions 1.7.1.5 - 1.7.2.3 and using beta versions 93825 - 94945. Newest beta 94945 doesn't seem to work but I read it requires battleye update?

And how come here some say zombies aggro from hundreds of meters away even if you lay still while some say it's working perfectly, not aggroing from that distance? Sounds like completely opposite reactions to me.

Edited by Kuikka

Forgot to mention a very strange desync issue we ran into last night.

We got the usual regular desync where a friend ran from a deer stand and seemed to keep running with a few zeds on him. He then starts running on the spot as is usual with the desync but while I'm watching this more and more zeds are just spawning around him. So when the game finally catches back up and stops with the lag there are about 20 zombies in a field around this deerstand. Very odd.

I disagree also. When it works it works well but when is doesn't (and sometimes it definitely doesn't) it breaks all sense of immersion. IF this is working on some kind of visibility variable (which is a good idea) say from 0-200 and you then apply a chance of detection to that variable (again, fine in principle) you need to make sure you cap the lower & upper ends so that detection either never happens or it always happens. If you don't, you get the behavior that we're experiencing....

If you run right past a zombie (say visibility of 180) there's a small chance they won't see you. THIS looks stupid - they should always see you.

If you're hundreds of meters away (say visibility of 2) there's a small chance they will see you. THIS also looks stupid - they should never see you.

On top of that I'm still seeing zombies detect without line of sight or even worse as the guy above just mentioned, laying still in a building. It suggests that their hearing detection is off somewhere.

Edited by SpaceMidget75