Sign in to follow this  
MikeM27

Testing of Patches Before They Are Released to the Public?

Well, I have been with this mod since the beginning and after 1.7.1.5 the updates seem to be getting worse and worse, from the standpoint of play-ability. Are these patches even being tested or are they just being thrown out as soon as they come out of the oven? There is no need to be just patching instantly, I would rather have the game working throughout rather than not being able to play because I updated to 1.7.2.2 and now I can't even play and there is a possibility that I lost all of my stuff after being alive for 4 days. So please, I am not patronizing your work, I would just like to have a working mod and have each update be handled with the Arma care I love instead of just being kicked out the door the second they are done without them being tested.

Thanks, and please don't be a jerk here, I am not trying to be an ass.

Well, I have been with this mod since the beginning and after 1.7.1.5 the updates seem to be getting worse and worse, from the standpoint of play-ability. Are these patches even being tested or are they just being thrown out as soon as they come out of the oven? There is no need to be just patching instantly, I would rather have the game working throughout rather than not being able to play because I updated to 1.7.2.2 and now I can't even play and there is a possibility that I lost all of my stuff after being alive for 4 days. So please, I am not patronizing your work, I would just like to have a working mod and have each update be handled with the Arma care I love instead of just being kicked out the door the second they are done without them being tested.

We are testers...

Actually, devs are testing patches before release, however many bugs will appear only under stress test caused by many users, thats what alpha test is for atm...

Edited by Blaf

ALPHA

We are the testers for the patches.

If you want a stable game then you may not want to DL an ALPHA modification.

Never mind this topic actually just get rid of it to be honest.

We're supposed to be the guinea pigs, man. The developers had no idea that people would be taking this game and it's glitches so seriously in such large numbers. I haven't been able to play since I added the beta...

@All of the folks saying "Alpha" all the time. We already fuckin' got that... Now understand that there are 300,000 other people playing this "game" who don't know nor give a shit what that means, and will probably never understand because of it's popularity. There's a reason most people test games to a closed and controlled population; to avoid the complaints.

Edited by Captain Q

Yep ignored, dont take your char so seriously we ARE all testers and we ARE all going to loose our chars many more times till it is out of alpha maybe even beta.... chow and chill!

Please give the devs a break people.

Thats a brilliant idea.... I wonder if they'd implement it!

Actually, as someone already pointed out, they are doing a LOT of testing, but they have limited resources, and a lot of problems are not apparent on a single 40 man server. You gotta keep in mind the size of community vs. the size of resources available... Look through posts by rocket, he even called it out in 1.7.2 patch notes, that he didnt want to realese the patch prematurely, to avoid the 1.7.1 fiasco... And if you think it's been bad since 1.7.1.5 look at the patch speed from 1.7.1 to 1.7.1.5 ;)

One thing is being alpha testers, and a completely different thing is being handed a nonfunctional product to test, you sheep!

Agree. Some time testing that an update works for at least 10 players would be nice. If that's already in place, more time. Maybe stop adding new stuff to hotfixes, too.

I said nevermind this, so don't bother responding anymore, I was just butt frustrated and nothing here has been new information.