Sign in to follow this  
Mysticales

-= News: Do not patch to 1.7.2.2 with Six Updater, also stay with 94700 Beta! =-

updating from faulty 1.7.2.2 to 1.7.2.3 with dayzupdater.

hopefully its not going to b e that bad.

couldnt login, got water as scene of where i was... then when i managed to get onto another server it showed my dead character from 2 days ago on it... fail!

This mod is going down the toilet so fast.

You really don't have any perspective to make that judgment call.

Ok update: 1.7.2.3 is out and you use 94945 beta patch. Hopefully all works ok now for this hotfix. Granted if you have issues with the beta site to download, wait and then try again. Might be hammered/locked down.

As for people wondering who I am. Im the one keeping people in the loop via irc. =) Just didnt go for a pretty forum usergroup color. ;)

I don't even know what version I should be using any more, I had a great collection on one server and now I cannot access that server - Ive done an update to Arma 2 OA and now I get some funky error too so I am re-installing the game.

So can someone please just say what version we should be running and where to get it from?

Thanks

Hey all, till more news is posted. The one news I can tell you is that Six Updater did something they shouldnt have. That was push an update that was for internal testing more, not for public. So this is not the build update people should be using. Stay with 1.7.2.1 and 94700 beta patch for now till more info is given. Come in irc/live chat for more updates. Thanks.

I remember getting bitched at for saying they need to do more internal testing before releasing this stuff.

You should be using 1.7.2.3 which you can get via torrent (We all personally say manual > six updater) http://cdn.armafiles.../latest.torrent

Then http://prefix.aiur.n...Build_94876.zip (Mirror Site) for sure, 945 I think is waiting on BE approval.

Thanks for that - I am currently re-installing arma 2 OA at the moment as somehow it became unusable through updating and trying to revert back. As soon as this is done I will install the links shown.

Cheers

Jim

what does 94777 mean im on 94876, this mod almost isnt worth it, im gonna wait till beta when all this network stuff has better performance and consistancy to play DayZ to aany serious degree.

What's the reason for telling everyone to stay with 94700? I've been playing with 1.7.2 and 94876 the past two days just fine.

Rocket did say to avoid 1.7.2.2 but why the FUD regarding staying at 94700? Especially considering 94945 is already out.

(We all personally say manual > six updater)

Agreed. It takes a few more button clicks, but then you can see for yourself that its done because you did it yourself.

My God this community sucks. OMG a patch in Alpha messed up the game for a few hours! WTF this is unnacceptable, how dare they make a mistake they didn't mean too. That means I can't play a game I didn't pay crap for the the first place!

Thanks for all the hard work team, and providing a growing product that has give us hours of entertainment excellence.

I am a little confused as to what each version is etc...

So I have steam and this downloads arma 2 and arma 2 OA at version 1.6

The DayZ version is 1.7.2.3 (is this right?)

So what is the 94876 ????

Thanks

My God this community sucks. OMG a patch in Alpha messed up the game for a few hours! WTF this is unnacceptable, how dare they make a mistake they didn't mean too. That means I can't play a game I didn't pay crap for the the first place!

Thanks for all the hard work team, and providing a growing product that has give us hours of entertainment excellence.

Shut up.

Well damn, someone should have told me that earlier ._.

Also 1.7.2.3 Did not help

Edited by TiredEthan

At the time of posting 94700 was the one to stay with. Now its been updated 94876, Do not do 94945 atm (least as of again of time of posting)

You really don't have any perspective to make that judgment call.

Why would you remove the global chat and side chat?Now there is NO way to team up with strangers or simply ask for help.Any logical reason behind that?