Sign in to follow this  
feeltheflow

Board? Waste Of Money

How can you tell where you are when I don't have a map?

http://dayzdb.com/map

Find a town, check one of the signs. It will be in russian. Compare that russian word to the russian words on the map. If you find a road or rails near the beach, look away from the beach and then walk right on the road. Stay off the road though and in the treeline. More likely than not you're going to spawn on the southern portion of the map, so that way you at least are not going to walk into oblivion(aka the edge of the world on the left).

Edited by BoomBoom

No, you definitely pay $23.99 for Day-Z. Nobody is buying Arma II for Arma II.

It's true.

People keep saying DayZ is free but we all know that the only reason Arma sells so well now is BECAUSE of DayZ. It's the sole reason people buy the game. At least 90% of them, anyway.

• Like 3

It's true.

People keep saying DayZ is free but we all know that the only reason Arma sells so well now is BECAUSE of DayZ. It's the sole reason people buy the game. At least 90% of them, anyway.

That is true that people buy Arma II for DayZ but that doesn't change the fact that DayZ is free.

Some servers have low loot or no loot at all some how just switch servers and like the previous reply said by 'Izithel' you shouldn't buy it for DayZ, ever.

there is gear everywhere you just need to learn where it is more probable to find

Okay now I'm getting a stupid error when I join the game

you are missing the following mod cba main

:S

I can gear myself up with a primary (ak or leeroy enfield) Pistol and all the goods to kill and cook animals in less than 20 mins. sounds like the server you played on has issues. Try switching.

No that's arma 2, not DayZ.

If you buy Arma 2 just for DayZ you are doing something wrong.

How do you think Arma 2 CO is the top seller on steam?

• Like 1

How do you think Arma 2 CO is the top seller on steam?

Because of people riding the hype train, then when they don't enjoy the hype train they think DayZ owes them something.

This is what you call buyers remorse.

play more and more and more. 7 hours is nothing in this game. you will be a noob for the first 100 hours.

Boom, you paid for Arma 2 to play an alpha of a mod. If you can't understand how retarded it is to bitch about paying for DayZ, your brain is broken.

Yes you paid $24 - 30 for ARMA 2. Not Dayz, regardless of what you think your reasoning was, DayZ costs 0 dollars and from what I hear it might be possible to play Dayz without buying CO (not sure on the legality of it however).

If you only watched youtube vids (of people who only captured their best moments) and thought you wanted to try this game with no further research, then that is a LARGE case of buyers remorse...

If you had done research you would have realized that people like the yogscast crew had a special start, or that most videos don't start with people on the coast. You would also learn that the game is in ALPHA and as such is in a perpetual state of instability.

Rocket and BI owe you NOTHING. It's your fault you're in this mess, now they might be nice (and Valve might too) and reimburse you, but by no means should you believe that you are ENTITLED to a refund.

I suggest trying out Arma2 if you "only bought it for dayz", it's a great game and with the editor, there are endless possibilities.

OP/ you people do actually make me feel sick. You cannot buy DayZ - you bought ARMA II for an alpha mod that was largely home made and still in testing. If you don't like that then you're just a bit dim. Nothing else.

DayZ is free, I suggest a temporary 7-day ban for anyone who says otherwise.

Or you're doing what at least 75% of the people who play are doing.

youre-fucking-retarded2.jpg

http://dayzdb.com/map

Find a town, check one of the signs. It will be in russian. Compare that russian word to the russian words on the map. If you find a road or rails near the beach, look away from the beach and then walk right on the road. Stay off the road though and in the treeline. More likely than not you're going to spawn on the southern portion of the map, so that way you at least are not going to walk into oblivion(aka the edge of the world on the left).

I do the same thing, except that I can actually read Russian Cyrrilic characters. For once, the 3 semesters I spent taking it in college is paying off... Who would've thought it'd be useful in a video game of all places >___>

DayZ takes a long time to learn how to play 'properly'.

Those vids on youtube are from people who know where the high-value buildings are with the good loot. They recorded hours and hours of footage and then edit it down to 12 awesome minutes.

Fact #1: Most of DayZ is spent walking, in fields, along roads, through forests. Get used to it, enjoy the scenery.

Fact #2: You won't overnight become a 'good' player at this game. Sometimes you get lucky, most of the time you get dead.

Fact #3: Speaking of dead, you will die. A LOT. Don't get attached to your gear, you WILL lose it, either to a bug, server crash, zombie or another player.

If you want some in-game help I am happy to guide newbies to help them out, send me a DM (or post below) and we'll arrange a time to meet up in-game.

Edited by GeeksterDayZ

DayZ is free, I suggest a temporary 7-day ban for anyone who says otherwise.

That's just unreasonable. You don't put someone in prison for 7 days just for saying he bought a McDonald's free toy that comes in the happy meal.

OP this Mod is survival of the fittest. You have to search everything and be sneaky about doing so. If you find loot is not spawning, jump to a different server. May I suggest looking for a low pop server until you get the hang of the game to avoid PVP.

As of right now if you get it from Steam it costs $23.99.

Arma 2 and OA cost money, but you bought the games on your own, so don't complain. DayZ is free, and if you don't like it, play something else.