rocket

Bandit/Survivor Morphing to be removed

It would be a tragedy if players ever were to highly treasure something that is not useful, but only looks cool. A game like DayZ doesn't deserve that.

So I hope "epic skins" won't be the new thing to put on top of a survivors wishlist...

If you think its a cool idea, go play League of Legends and buy all the skins you like ;)

Rocket, if you're still reading these new posts, all i ask is that you keep the hero skin in the game, even if we have to go hunt for it. As long as it's an option to obtain it by finding it i'll remain happy. I really LOVE the hero skin and will be sad if it's taken out. I'd much like to find it somewhere on the map if you can please keep it in along with whatever other skin options you had in mind. Thank you - a non shoot-on-sight player.

Man, the other day I lost my Alice Backpack because of the morphing. For some reason I started with -2500 humanity and got morphed back to civilian when it hit 0.

Remove it again please. >.<

• Like 2

It would be much better if humanity would not restore in time.

To "clean" yourself you must do something real good instead of sitting in the deep forest.

And new borned survivers must have some humanity instead of ZERO.

Edited by x_vovka

What about having Zombies able to smell or in someway sense inhumanity? The greater the inhumanity, the greater the desire for the blood. Not very realistic granted (lol, cause having zombies is .....). Just an idea.

M_B, zeds are still broken, Roket doesnt listen. Zeds should not be despawned immidiately if triggered them surviver DCed. Better despawn them in 20-30 minutes after spawn.

What about having Zombies able to smell or in someway sense inhumanity? The greater the inhumanity, the greater the desire for the blood. Not very realistic granted (lol, cause having zombies is .....). Just an idea.

There's a difference between having a strong artificial element that doesn't make sense, vs having creatures that do not exist in your game. Please learn it.

I'm tired of everyone using 'but zombies aren't real' to defend their highly unrealistic ideas.

Edited by Zoop

There's a difference between having a strong artificial element that doesn't make sense, vs having creatures that do not exist in your game. Please learn it.

I'm tired of everyone using 'but zombies aren't real' to defend their highly unrealistic ideas.

Blimey this forum is hyper sensitive. It was just an idea.

.... in other less spannertastic attracting suggestions, Dean mentioned in a Q&A that a possible answer is to give Vigalente's the means to fight back. Optimistic maybe but certainly an interesting suggestion. We shall see how its implemented.

Edited by M_B

Okey, now ive been reading some of these comments and i feel alittle agitated, for me the purpose of the game is that you dont really know who to trust or who youre going to meet, and isnt that how it is in real life?

You cant see that someone is criminal in everyday life, why not make the game as such?, just because you choose to be a survivor is OK, but you gotta fight and adapt and stop complaining to this awesome guy who made this awesome mod! he's trying out new ideas and thats good, and its even better when we cant see if anyone is a bandit, its the not knowing part that is exciting, because you should always be on your guard, this game is a challenge, and its exciting to play, and i love to randomly meet people, and talk directly to him from a hiding place and see how he/she reacts.

So to Rocket here: Keep up the good work! ill keep playing your game anyways, and ill keep recruiting other people inn here aswell ^^,

I also love the idea of finding different clothes, makes your character more special and not feel like a copy of everyone else.

Sincerely

Erland

post-99712-0-04465300-1345856902_thumb.j

• Like 1

neato. one question: although skins have been removed will people still be considered bandits if they have a low enough humanity level? as in, " I think they guy i killed was a bandit because i lost zero humanity." or conversely, "I think that guy wasn't a bandit because suddenly i'm at 344 humanity."

huh?

huh?

Does this mean that my hero skin will be gone? I can't go back to the normal shitty skin after playing with this for a while. I love that fuckin thing :'(

neato. one question: although skins have been removed will people still be considered bandits if they have a low enough humanity level? as in, " I think they guy i killed was a bandit because i lost zero humanity." or conversely, "I think that guy wasn't a bandit because suddenly i'm at 344 humanity."

huh?

huh?

The debug monitor will be removed in 1.7.3 so I'm guessing there will not be any distinction between the two.

I haven't read all of the posts so I don't know if something similar has been mentioned, but I doubt it. Maybe the only way to tell if someone is a bandit or not is by their facial expression. A friendly could have the generic expression but a bandit could have a shifty look in their eyes or a suspicious stare lol.

This way contact would have to be made first in order to get close enough to tell of their intentions. It would be something no one would be able to tell from a distance and would be a subtle humorous hint to other players.

I haven't read all of the posts so I don't know if something similar has been mentioned, but I doubt it. Maybe the only way to tell if someone is a bandit or not is by their facial expression. A friendly could have the generic expression but a bandit could have a shifty look in their eyes or a suspicious stare lol.

This way contact would have to be made first in order to get close enough to tell of their intentions. It would be something no one would be able to tell from a distance and would be a subtle humorous hint to other players.

Ähhhh stupid ?!?!?! now i stare suspicious "oh my god " im a bandit..... ahhh all cool now i got a nice and clean expression in my face ... phwew save....

Hmmm, I guess you didn't get the lack of seriousness in my post. Nevermind...

Hmmm, I guess you didn't get the lack of seriousness in my post. Nevermind...

Sure i did , but sry its nonsense . Good try but seriously, let them do the " simple " things right before they can try on hard things.

Shouldn't this thread be closed? its old and outdated and causing confusion people seem to think the title refers to the new bandit/saviour skins being removed... it doesn't this is an old thread from back when the bandit skins existed and were first removed......

• Like 1

Awesome, I got bored and decided to get the bandit skin.

Little did I know that when you die, you keep it.

Now I'm forced to kill everyone because I know they'll shoot on sight even when I don't want to be a bandit anymore haha.

When is bandit/survivor morphing going to be removed again?

Are you actually going to keep it out of the game this time?

Thank god. The amount of gear, guns, etc. that I have lost from this morphing crap is just ridiculous.