Sign in to follow this  
imepicwin

Upon entering a server, the screen fades in and out

Hey everyone,

After many hours spent figuring out how to get DayZ started (things like never ending loading screens), I finally managed to get into a server. When I spawn, however, my screen keeps fading black, in and out, repeatedly. Everything seems to be working, but my vision is constantly going black...is this part of the game? How do I get started playing now?

Thanks!

I should add that the UI, chat, and menus all load properly..it's just that my character seems like he's going in and out of consciousness

Have you tried another server? The server you were on could have been hacked and been rapidly switching from day to night. I'm just wildly guessing though, cause this sounds really strange. I know in regular Arma 2, you can be injured and phase and in and out of consciousness, fading in and out of black.

I'm having the exact same problem... I couldn't get passed "Waiting for host" at first but then I got into a server only to find my screen "blinking" so I don't know what the hell I'm doing... All my files are up to date and everything, launch through Six Launcher.

NEED HELP!

Tried two servers, same thing...

Edited by DayZHunter

I'm having this issue on my server as well... trying to resolve...

Yeah I've tried multiple servers as well...this probably isn't it, but am I supposed to get red text regarding my Battleye version being up-to-date? That's really the only message I get...

Maybe someone could take video of it and submit a bug report in the forums. I have not experienced this in Day Z and am short of advice on it.

Yeah I've tried multiple servers as well...this probably isn't it, but am I supposed to get red text regarding my Battleye version being up-to-date? That's really the only message I get...

This is normal.

Edited by Dingus

It seems to be a problem with the new 1.7.2.2 update they rolled out... Probably something to do with the server files because it seems like everything's fine on my end!

Happening on my end too. Still fully able to interact with items and objects like doors, so it isn't some kind of injury deal.

Got that when i tried joining a server that had 1.7.2.1 rolling, i just thought it was that since all worked except it faded in and then out

Same here working fine until i updated to the new patch, have also downloaded the new beta patch but i either get waiting for host or the fading in and out of black, tried 15+ servers including some that are updated.

Joy

Just so you all know, a new server file has just been released; 1.7.2.2_01. Updating my server to that, will see if it fixes!

dayz_changelog.txt.gz

UPDATE : 13 JULY 2012

Affected addons:

* dayz_code 1.7.2.2

* dayz_anim 0.4

* dayz_server (server admins only)

Developer's Note:

* Make sure you run ArmA2 Beta build 94759 or above

Pie Flavor... I'm running build 94759 or above... I think everyone else with the problem is too or they wouldn't be able to get into a game?

Just so you all know, a new server file has just been released; 1.7.2.2_01. Updating my server to that, will see if it fixes!

Still not fixed.

The "flashing" you all see is an incompatability message. It is basically saying that YOU are running a newer version of DayZ_code than the server.

If you look hard in the middle of the screen, there should be a small, faint two lines of text.

Edit: Copper, I see there is no text on the screen...thank you for the video. Typically, if you join a server running an older version of dayz_code, you get that exact flashing, but it will also have the faded text in the middle of the screen.

Edited by Austex

Here is a video of this happening, the same thing happenes to me, so annoying...

That definitely looks like the unconsciousness effect in Arma 2. I would assume some kind of bug related to the recent hotfix/patch did this. Maybe wait for it to get worked out.

Also having this issue on Steam version. Running 1.7.2.2 and taking care to enter only 1.7.2.2 servers. Beta is at 94876.

RESOLVED by overwriting the arma2oe.exe in the main folder with the one in Expansions/beta.

Schoolboy errors all round. :D

Edited by Rogan