barros1711

To everyone that is a camper on Stary Sobor 24/7 with CZ

How am I supposed NOT TO GO TO FUCKING STARY SABOR if I'm the on in charge of getting guns? O.O

Not being seen? How exactly do you want to do that, Mr. Harry Potter? Would you mind lending me your invisibility cape?

Scouting the area? YES sure! Let's walk in the woods 500 meters away, so he can shoot me from a little closer.

Genius.

Deer stands or Berezino tents. A solo player stands a much better chance at obtaining military grade weapons at these places than at Stary or NWAF.

See how a little knowledge of the game makes you a better player?

I'm not saying that reflex equals skill.

I'm saying that if you want to find out who is better out of two people, you put them in the same position, let them do their thing, and when it's over you find out who is better.

That's what I'm pissed off about, there's no actual competition if someone has advantage.

This is DayZ. The better person will disengage, stalk, and strike from a position were the advantage is his.

• Like 3

Exploiting the weakness in an enemy is called Strategy...crying about your weakness being exploited well that's just uhh....hmmm i shall go with "special" if you want face to face duels go play something else or you can run to starry and maybe i'll be the one to shoot you this time. B) Some say bandits kill for beans..nay i say for the oh so yummy tears of people like you.

Anyway you got two options well one that is viable, learn from your past mistakes next time sweep known sniper locations..or you know run through the tents and get picked off by a DMR,M107,AS50,CZ, etc etc etc.

But I have got to ask, You mad Bro?

I can agree with your 1v1 to find the best in a fair competition. However this is the apocalypse. Nothing is fair. Youjust made a poor decision that resulted in your death. I have previously died the same way. I learner from it and moved on.

"there's no actual competition if someone has advantage."

In tactical games, getting the advantage is the competition.

You'd have probably gotten much better loot by scouting the tree line and taking the sniper out, than actually going into Stary. There are some obvious tactics you could deploy in that Scenario. If you know you have a close combat weapon why put yourself in a position where your at such an obvious disadvantage? If the reason is you only had a Makarov and you didn't really care then fair enough, no need to feel a way.

Edited by Criminal
  • Like 1

Let's go.

The advantage you have is leverage, which is a bullshit phrase to begin with... likely why you don't have a better word to describe it. The way you exploit it to your benefit, is skill.

You need to go back to the 18th century, might be more befitting of your idea of aggressive action. Expecting people to engage you in equal circumstances is a really.... truly... idiotic assumption.

You seem pretty mad to me there champ, no worries though, this forum looooves it.

Yes, and what I also love, are people that think they have great arguments because of grammer. UHH der.

Now you are going to another area of argument man, wait there. Since the beggining, what I said was that people that do that have no skill, or at least that camping is not a sign of skill, in ANY game. Nothing BUT that.

And you speak like an "ancient" on the forum, eh? Well, tell me your server, and we can solve it your way.

Let me just address you a line at a time.

#1: This is not TF2, this is not a balanced team v team game. This is a wilderness, a cruel place where those who are better armed will have the upper hand in a straight fight. Guess what? The PVP in this game (as in real life) is about not getting into a straight fight and tipping odds in your favour

#2: If you are foolish enough to try and raid the barracks on your own without overwatch then you deserve every round that man puts into your thick skull

#3: Your "skills" mean jack shit in a realistic shooter, deal with it and adapt or fuck off back to Team Fortress

Still, you haven't said nothing I don't know.

AND, still can't tell me how pressing W to walk somewhere, and press two buttons is a sign of skill. Everyone in this game is skilled then, because everyone can do it! Bah.

Both sides are idiots. OP is butthurt noob who killed in Stary, big deal.

Others are elite warrior tacticians who have the godsent ability to kill noobs and therefore are DayZ's elite

Others will state obvious strategies that would have worked, but that no one, not even themselves, would ever use because that shit's boring

lol @ realistic shooter

Really, there's not much skill in it. It's all about who sees whom first.

A complete noob with a Makarov can easily kill someone decked out with all the weapons in the game as long as he gets the jump first.

Hence, why a lot of people use sniper rifle, it gives them that "jump" without the other party even knowing where you are.

Edited by Whattteva

I'm not saying that reflex equals skill.

I'm saying that if you want to find out who is better out of two people, you put them in the same position, let them do their thing, and when it's over you find out who is better.

That's what I'm pissed off about, there's no actual competition if someone has advantage.

You both started on the beach with no weapons. He ended up with a CZ on Stary hill. You ended up with a bullet in your head inside Stary. I'd say he was better.

Also you claim that your entire squad/clan w/e is very well equipped. Why are you solo looting with a makarov? Why are you not looting as a team, clearing all dangerous areas and grabbing all the gear/loading them up in vehicles and driving/flying off?

FYI, TF2 skills do not directly translate into Arma2 skills. Skills in Arma2 = strategy, tactics, leadership, teamwork, competence in marksmanship - fire discipline - landnav - communications discipline, etc.

• Like 2

irZDSs1Jyqil2mkvNi1y7vKKo1_500.jpg

useless thread is useless

Day Z ist not - I repeat - is NOT a competitive mod.

And if you want to put it this way: the one who survives longer is the better player.

Edited by badsn

I actually like to hide myself near Stary Sobor with a sniper rifle and wait for someone to start looting the camp. When I hear sniper rifle shots, I'll locate the sniper and take him out. The best part is that these snipers almost never realize there are people who go there to camp for THEM instead of looters.

This is gonna be a long one!

Aww, cute. He thinks DayZ gives a flying fuck who is "better."

Not everything is a test of your mad elite skills, I'm afraid. Some things just are the way they are no matter how "good" you are.

Just like real life.

You still don't get what this topic is about, do you? Well I'll let you figure out then.

Deer stands or Berezino tents. A solo player stands a much better chance at obtaining military grade weapons at these places than at Stary or NWAF.

See how a little knowledge of the game makes you a better player?

Indeed, thank you. But STILL, you aren't competing with anyone.

This is DayZ. The better person will disengage, stalk, and strike from a position were the advantage is his.

Of course, but if, and only IF you can see the person. If they are hidden away 1000m with ghillie suit in the middle of trees in the night, kinda hard to spot don't you think?

Exploiting the weakness in an enemy is called Strategy...crying about your weakness being exploited well that's just uhh....hmmm i shall go with "special" if you want face to face duels go play something else or you can run to starry and maybe i'll be the one to shoot you this time. B) Some say bandits kill for beans..nay i say for the oh so yummy tears of people like you.

Anyway you got two options well one that is viable, learn from your past mistakes next time sweep known sniper locations..or you know run through the tents and get picked off by a DMR,M107,AS50,CZ, etc etc etc.

But I have got to ask, You mad Bro?

Mad? Mad because of what exactly? Having to lose 10 minutes just to get there again? LOL you like yummy tears? Tell me your server so you can give me some.

i love the part where he brags about tf2. your comparison is just THAT amazing.

YES YES, the game where you actually have to practice to win and improve, that one.

I can agree with your 1v1 to find the best in a fair competition. However this is the apocalypse. Nothing is fair. Youjust made a poor decision that resulted in your death. I have previously died the same way. I learner from it and moved on.

Someone that talks sense, finally. I have learned it too, and died many other times, but this time the guy was like 1000000m away, and because there were flies around. Anyway, I'll just go there again, it's the closest spot to where my group's camp is, and it doesn't take long to get there, even if you die a couple of time, it's still worth it.

"there's no actual competition if someone has advantage."

In tactical games, getting the advantage is the competition.

You'd have probably gotten much better loot by scouting the tree line and taking the sniper out, than actually going into Stary. There are some obvious tactics you could deploy in that Scenario. If you know you have a close combat weapon why put yourself in a position where your at such an obvious disadvantage? If the reason is you only had a Makarov and you didn't really care then fair enough, no need to feel a way.

Well let's all go to the trees and sit there all day! Wow, you must be some kind of world champion of sitting and pressing two buttons eh? So amazing.

Good thread as any to greet the sniper camper near Stary that DC'd after I shot him yesterday. That was a 1.000m distance with DMR right in the chest, single bullet. I wouldn't go all that way to loot you nor was I heading to Stary, just passing by. But lesson learned I hope, don't camp cause next time I'll aim the head. :)

He wasn't at 1000m, or you wouldn't of hit him. And I say that with 100% certainty and I'll stand behind it 100%. To hit someone with a DMR at 1000m, you'd have to be aiming so high that the thick part of the crosshair would be obstructing your view of the target, and without zeroing, and or practicing that specific scenario, it's almost impossible to know at what point of the crosshair you need to place on the vital area you're trying to hit on the target. Try out a mission called the Shooting Range. It can be found on armaholic. You'll thank me later. The DMRs peak range is around 500m. That's aiming dead on(You'll hit low at 500 but not by a whole lot. 2 or 3 rounds will lights out your target). The zeroing is specifically 400m. No matter if you're zoomed in or not, contrary to popular belief. Some people have said the DMR is zeroed for 300m, some have said the first zoom is 300, and the second is 400. Both theories are wrong, and if you've practiced with the weapon ranges from 100 to 900m, you'd see that quickly. I set a target out at 400m with the DMR. The bullet splash was identical every time. 5 shots with the first zoom. 5 shots fully zoomed in. Punching holes that a penny would cover in real life. There is no variation. The max effective range of the DMR in my experience, where a one hit head-shot will kill instantly, is around 700m. At that range, even if you land a head-shot square, it won't always be a kill, and sometimes it gives people a chance to log out. They will go down every time, and you'll think they're dead because you see the blood splash up from their forehead, but they still have time to ALT-F4. If I have a DMR, I let them get within 400m. Just to be sure I put them out before they have a chance. Better to be patient than try to be a hero.

Edited by KField86

Guy puts a picture of himself at a computer up, praises PC gaming and looks down on console gaming, and then derides someone on the internet for doing nothing more than being better than him at a video game.

Priceless, THE quintisential idiot-faced gamer. The amount of "mad" in this is just... just... awesome.

Feast upon tears forum, feast I say.

Do like

Was this one of those moments when you wanted to rage, then stood back and thought "shit, perhaps i should have kept shtum?"

I'm not surprised you got slotted with one eye!!

This is not a competitive game in the sense of 1 vs 1, team vs team, skill vs skill.

The only competition in this game is staying alive.

Guess who wins this one?

Still, you haven't said nothing I don't know.

AND, still can't tell me how pressing W to walk somewhere, and press two buttons is a sign of skill. Everyone in this game is skilled then, because everyone can do it! Bah.

Because knowing when to press those three buttons is the actuall skill.

Skill is in the brain, everyone can push the buttons but doing it the right way at the right time.

Heck, even you seem to be capable of pushing the buttons, but you obviously don't know when and why.

Yeah? Look at these videos then.

www.youtube.com/user/barros1711GP

http://img0.colmeia....095bf3cc3e2.jpg

By the way, thank you guys.

If you can understand what I just did, then you have some brains left.

Otherwise, kill yourself.

*edit: (L)

Edited by barros1711

This entire thread is why PvPers are seen as mouthbreathers.

Yes yes indeed, if I take my head out of the barrack he will shoot it. DERP!

Er... don't go IN the barracks without first scouting the opposing hillsides maybe?

You know, go the long way around, crest the hill from the back side, come up behind anyone that may be sniping the tent area?

Player footsteps aren't that loud, and chances are he won't hear you if you stick to creeping.

If he's staring intently at the tents and doesn't look around from time to time, the easy pickings will be *yours*, even with just a Makarov.

You won't even need to loot the tents, you'll probably get some good gear right there.

So honestly, you should be mining the hillside for equipment, not the tents.

As pretty much everyone else in the thread has stated, this is NOT TF2!

Whatever you learned there does not apply to this game.

The twitch while firing may or may not be handy, but that's about it.

Consider it a series of challenges.

Its not meant to be fair.

In this game you gotta THINK.

If this sounds like too much work.... maybe this game isn't for you.

That's about all I can say, as friendly and impartial as I can say it.