Sign in to follow this  
Smegskull

There is too much ammo

I find ammo for what ever weapon I have decided to use far too easily I would feel more "scared" if I new I had to conserve my ammo more. looking at it from a simulator point of view, where ammo production facilities no longer functioning, It is far more likely that you would come across guns without ammo than ammo without guns.

This could also be used as an opportunity to form an ammo creation system so, when you fire, you drop bullet cases (type dependant) which can be combined with gunpowder and scrap metal to create new rounds of that bullet cases type (though this is probably going a bit far for a mod).

edit--

or maybe have loot only spawn once per day? so once I have collected ammo I can't run 1Km away and run back and have it all re-spawned.

Edited by Smegskull
  • Like 1

(though this is probably going a bit far for a mod).

+1 to this.

I don't agree. Considering the amount of zombies in a city/town and there speed it would make the game extremely hard to play if ammo was scarce. I think what you're trying to suggest is a more melee/sneak based system which I disagree with.

As for making ammo...well you said it yourself, its going a bit too far.

I think what you're trying to suggest is a more melee/sneak based system which I disagree with.

sooo how do you function when the game starts then? run into buildings until you find a gun grab it then spawn out to get rid of all trailing zombies you were to lazy to sneak past? while the sniper (me) who has plenty of ammo to waste on a new spawn sees you running around like a headless chicken and moves until position to head-shot you when you spawn back in?

Agreed,we should be forced to spill our blood rather than wasting 2-3 bulltes

I think the ammo spawns are mostly fine, but might be slightly too high. The actual weapon spawns may be a touch too high as well.

Gotta work for your shit in this game. That will never change.

I would like the feeling like in the Fallout Mod "Project New Vegas". Everytime I found ammo I was incredible happy.

Especially the DMR:

20 Bullets per Magazin which is relativly common is way too high

A simple solution could be magazins spawning with random amount of bullets

• Like 1

I have that feeling looking for ammo for my silenced MP5. I cry a bit every time i have to shoot that thing since i have like 1 actual MP5SD mag and 2 M9 sd mags. I can barely find ammo for it at all. If a magazine reloading system was implemented(like transfer .308 rounds from one mag to an empty one) ammo spawns should probably be reduced. As is, they are ok, if a little high.

A simple solution could be magazins spawning with random amount of bullets

Good idea. But then again you'd have to have the possibility two make 1 full mag out of 2 half filled mags.

or even better: be able to keep empty magazines and put bullets in them. found 10 bullets but dont have a magazine shell? -need to reload every single bullet

Edited by badsn
  • Like 1

Try fighting off a horde of zombies without using an ammo dupe. Sure, you FIND tons of ammo, but how much do you actively have on your person? 60 rounds? 100? Are you going to loot more as you fight off the horde?

No. The abundance of ammo is an illusion - there's always a ton of ammo until you need it.