longbwai

Put gun to head. Pull trigger.

I know I can just crawl off a building or into a some of zombies and get killed. Or click respawn.

But how about an option (if I have a handgun or even a primary weapon) to put gun to head and pull trigger. Especially with a group of friends around this would be cool.

I cant stand up, <3k blood, keep passing out, vision is blurry.... friends take my stuff and leave me here with a makarov and a bullet. They walk off. Sound of a gunshot echoes. Birds fly from some trees. Epic.

• Like 2

I like the idea, but still nothing really important for now.

Edited by Testificate

I doubt its too touchy. Dont jump on me for this but I have played some COD and they have that perk second chance that lets you select "cowards way out".

Yeah its not important for right now. Just making a suggestion in the suggestion forum :)

Edited by longbwai

/me points at the door.

Yeah I know, I know. I did say I'd played "some"... mainly for nazi zombies though. I cant be arsed to type my gaming CV to redeem myself.

I doubt its too touchy. Dont jump on me for this but I have played some COD and they have that perk second chance that lets you select "cowards way out".

yeah I have no problems with it, just thinking from a marketing perspective. 1+

Not necessary to code.

Just shoot once then hit respawn. Same effect, really.

Wow, you sure like the immersion this game provides, don't you?

But on the subject, yes, this would be a nice little addition that would give nice RP elements. Like imagine some random stranger coming across you when you are hurt bad...give him your stuff, whisper over voice com "you'll need these more than I do..." and then blowing your brains out ^^ That is of course expecting he doesn't do it first for you :P But to be added much later on though.

Kinda shocked I managed to find an actual new and fresh suggestion amidst all the "simple solution to fix DCing and server hopping" and "Bandit skins!/solution to pvp!" threads :P

Edited by vesmo

Not necessary to code.

Just shoot once then hit respawn. Same effect, really.

True I guess. Just looking for the mocap animation I spose purely for the visuals.

Tell you what, I got a loaded gun here, I'm in my mocap suit, I'll just start the capture now, and

What do users do that only have a hatchet or crowbar? If something like this is implemented, it would have to work with all available weapons. On top of that if you have it only working for firearms, you probably would need two different animations for pistols and for rifles. Sounds like something that would be put in during beta as its a fluff feature.

Edited by Lukio

@ comment

Well, it's not like this feature would be high priority right now. And you'd have to add more / custom animations, as far as I know. So really, if you want to do that for now, shoot once (or swing crowbar / hatchet), then hit respawn. A healthy mind can "rp" that being suicide.

A few times I've had my friend shoot me in the face to 'end it all'

like the feature but also agree its nothing vital at this point, just another immersive action. Maybe have the option to use a side arm or pull a nade pin dependent on you actually having one in your inventory

What do users do that only have a hatchet or crowbar? If something like this is implemented, it would have to work with all available weapons. On top of that if you have it only working for firearms, you probably would need two different animations for pistols and for rifles. Sounds like something that would be put in during beta as its a fluff feature.

not sure if you could kill yourself in a clean fashion with a hatchet or crowbar but slitting wrist with a hunting knife could make you bleed out faster.

Exactly. He never said they should prioritize it.

+1 but you should close your eyes( i think having an anamation for suicide would stop it from being available for AUS).

also an option to execute unconsous players with awesome anamation.

and WHISKEY!!!