Sign in to follow this  
x3Ryan

This game is Un-Playable. For Myself.

"MESSAGE NOT RECEIVED FOR "XX" SECONDS"

After a bit, BOOM, disconnected from host.

I've played for about 6 hours today, trying to get somewhere.

Every time I get this; every time I have to start over.

There's no heads up; there's no warning. Just GAME OVER.

Edited by x3Ryan

Close the door behind you.

Edited by EnermaX

Holy shit. Is this you acknowledging that this problem exists and just taking it to the face?

This

kthxbai!

Pretty harsh considering this game gets about 10k new players each day, over 120k players signing in to play each day and over 500k players to date so clearly a lot of people disagree with your idea that this game isn't worth it.

This mod is an alpha, it is in testing, it is not perfect and has a lot of work that needs to be done to it.

As for the problem you are getting, have you tried playing on a normal Operation Arrowhead server, with no dayz mod installed to see if you still drop connection.

Would help to figure out if it is something to do with the mod or if it is something on your end such as modem/router/firewall blocking ports needed to play.

Edited by Scene

Knowing there is a problem is one thing, knowing its still in alpha is another thing.

Its also sad to see that you bought ARMA:2 just for DayZ. ARMA is such an amazing game.

Edited by baijiaqing

This

kthxbai!

Seriously? So people have this game-breaking problem, and if you can't deal with it, then the game just isn't for you? Dafuq bros.

ALPHA.. bloody hell are we going to get 20 of these posts a day?

Secondly, learn how to play the game. Don't just run everywhere.

Edited by disorder
  • Like 1

Sounds like a layer 7 problem.. you should manage to fix it asap.

• Like 1

You sure it's not a connecion issue on your own end?

Pretty harsh considering this game gets about 10k new players each day, over 120k players signing in to play each day and over 500k players to date so clearly a lot of people disagree with your idea that this game isn't worth it.

This mod is an alpha, it is in testing, it is not perfect and has a lot of work that needs to be done to it.

As for the problem you are getting, have you tried playing on a normal Operation Arrowhead server, with no dayz mod installed to see if you still drop connection.

Would help to figure out if it is something to do with the mod or if it is something on your end such as modem/router/firewall blocking ports needed to play.

Knowing there is a problem is one thing, knowing its still in alpha is another thing.

Its also sad to see that you bought ARMA:2 just for DayZ. ARMA is such an amazing game.

Did not even know it was in alpha. I don't read fine print. Who does though.

I'll check into that btw Scene, thanks bro. <3

Seriously? So people have this game-breaking problem, and if you can't deal with it, then the game just isn't for you? Dafuq bros.

its just like i bought arma 2 for DayZ and im fine with it cause it is playable

You sure it's not a connecion issue on your own end?

Everyone else gets kicked from the server too by the looks of it.

Maybe it's just extremely bad luck with server picks.

Is there a way to distinguish a reliable server?

Does playing during the night sessions increase risk of server instability?

Edited by x3Ryan

I also got Arma just for this game, just like so many other people.

That's why Arma has been a top seller on steam since this mod was released, Rocket posted a comment not long ago saying that this mod had increased the sales of Arma II and OA by 1000% (not exact quote, to lazy to find the post. Do your own searching might be slightly wrong but is has increased sales a bunch)

• Like 1

Did not even know it was in alpha. I don't read fine print. Who does though.

I'll check into that btw Scene, thanks bro. <3

It said in big letters when you go to download it "DOWNLOAD DAYZ (ALPHA TEST)". Not really in the fine print, in fact, it's pretty evident from everywhere that it's in alpha.

Edited by Procake

People who mention that it is Alpha are talking shit (sorry for being harsh). The mod being in development has nothing to do with disconnect problem. I too have shitty provider that sometimes gives me 600 ping minimum to every server. I know they are crap because I worked for them for half a year and I know how they fix their problems because, well, I was fixing them too. When it happens I just connect to my neighbour and wait while the things settle down, then connect to my home network.

• Like 1

Everyone else gets kicked from the server too by the looks of it.

Maybe it's just extremely bad luck with server picks.

Is there a way to distinguish a reliable server?

Does playing during the night sessions increase risk of server instability?

I did get a lot of trouble with getting disconnected when I first started playing but it was because the game was going through a large increase in players and the hive was under a lot of stress.

I haven't had any problems lately of being kicked out though. Maybe try doing a ping test and tracert to the server IP that you play on and see what they return.

How are you trying to launch the game? Via Arma in game server browser or do you use six launcher?

It said in big letters when you go to download it "DOWNLOAD DAYZ (ALPHA TEST)". Not really in the fine print, in fact, it's pretty evident from everywhere that it's in alpha.

I'm blind. Sue me.

People who mention that it is Alpha are talking shit (sorry for being harsh). The mod being in development has nothing to do with disconnect problem. I too have shitty provider that sometimes gives me 600 ping minimum to every server. I know they are crap because I worked for them for half a year and I know how they fix their problems because, well, I was fixing them too. When it happens I just connect to my neighbour and wait while the things settle down, then connect to my home network.

My ping is under 100 for most USA servers, and I usually play on servers with under 30 pings. Don't think it's that.

listen mate, most servers are full constantly, people playing for several hours, days, weeks at at time. The game is playable, but judging by your lack of patience, maybe this is not the game for you in the first place...?

• Like 3

The ping rate is the best way to see playable servers for you. The lower the better. Also try to find servers close to your location, that will usually reflect int he ping rate as well.

Did the OP think to check they had battle-eye installed and updated? this is the most common cause of server disconnects due to timeouts that I'm aware of.

Edited by Mr Zee

Waste of money. Do I have a problem? Yeah. But from what I've seen no one can fix it.

And many people have it. And there's still no fix for it. So you take the risk buying it.

Funny, because about 400 thousand other people are playing it, strange for a game that doesn't work.

Also, it's a Myth that ping matters in this game, because it really doesn't. I've been on servers with under 100ping that run like crap, and other servers with 250-300 ping that are smooth as.

Edited by Irenicus