Sign in to follow this  

Youll love or hate this idea ..but here it is ...Give players the ability to take a dead zombies guts and cover yourself in them ...giving you more "stealth". Basicly when you cover yourself in zombie guts youll appear to zombies as just another zombie....but if you get too close to them then they discover your alive! Add a timer on how long the guts last ? 10-20 secs ? 20 secs-40? secs the duration can be anything reasonable ? decreased in time if its raining ?

Edited by Massicor
  • Like 2

You should also walk like a shuffling zombie so players might mistake you for one and kill you :D

I can't really see this adding anything to the game, other than making it easier for a short period of time.

Also if we were to stick with the 'lore' of the game they're not really zombies but instead infected people, I can't imagine gutting them and then rubbing it all over yourself to be the best idea for surviving.

Think about it ...Your walking between bunch of zombies with guts all over you ...with only 5-10 secs left on your timer ....your nearly past the zombies but another one comes around the cornor just as the timer runs out...they spot you and your getting chased by 5-10 zombies :D It would add suspence and little more tactic to the game. Too make it even more scary they can make zombies walk your way to inspect you :D

Maybe the idea doesn't appeal to me since I rambo through town and the lose the zombies in a building lol

Also still the fact that you're rubbing the blood and guts of infected humans over your body, I'm sure that is pretty high on the list of way to contract the disease. That and being eaten alive i guess. . .

Edited by Scene

It would be to easy to take out one zombie and then cover your self in guts becoming pretty much invisible to them. I would like to see this feature cause it seems plausible but not if I have to sacrifice game play.

Maybe if there where more ways for the zombies to catch on you are alive.

or have it cause illness faster.

Just all depends on how deep they would implement this feature....More ways zombies detect you could be things like the more noise you make whilst covered in guts ..the more zombies will come your direction to inspect you. If you get too close to a zombie they will aggro you but if you stay a certain distance from zombies and dont make sudden moves then youll be fine ...but keep in mind your on a timer and not getting too close to a zombie whilst moving slow will take alot of this time up ..not to mention quick decision making on your part if your low on time and a few random zombies come that you wernt expecting. Try use your brain and think of some cituations that could errupt if you do something wrong or pick a bad direction :D A quick shortcut could turn into a quick death :)

Yo dawg, I heard you like walking dead, so we put some walking dead in yo videogamz.

• Like 1

If zombie spawns are increased, if their hostility and harm is increased, and if some basic hygiene mechanics are developed. THis would be a great addition to the gameplay.

+1

• Like 1

Youll love or hate this idea ..but here it is ...Give players the ability to take a dead zombies guts and cover yourself in them ...giving you more "stealth". Basicly when you cover yourself in zombie guts youll appear to zombies as just another zombie....but if you get too close to them then they discover your alive! Add a timer on how long the guts last ? 10-20 secs ? 20 secs-40? secs the duration can be anything reasonable ? decreased in time if its raining ?

You've been watching too much TDW eh?

Kidding, its a great idea, but seems hard to be done

Maybe add a chance to infect yourself and slowly drain your blood if you have any wound(not full health) on you as well.

You've been watching too much TDW eh?

Kidding, its a great idea, but seems hard to be done

I accually think it would be simple to add. The "gut" part is already there for animals so adding it to zombies should be easy ...also the zombies already have loot option so all that would need to be done is to create zombie guts loot and mabie apply a small visual to the player for the guts. As for the "stealth" part ..I would think that was be simple to add in and tweak appropriately as all your doing is changing the visual/sound detection on the zombies to a much lower value when guts are applied to the player.

Yo! So, here's an idea.

How about not smearing the bloodied guts of an infected person all over yourself.

You might get infected or something.

As far as your idea, how about just having an item that does what you ask instead.

Like a can of Axe or something.

Rocket could make some money on the in-game market placement.

Can't imagine for arma 2, we have to wait for standalone i think...

But i wouldn't like to get close to infected, and the nasty smell would make the vision blurry as hell :/

Yo! So, here's an idea.

How about not smearing the bloodied guts of an infected person all over yourself.

You might get infected or something.

As far as your idea, how about just having an item that does what you ask instead.

Like a can of Axe or something.

Rocket could make some money on the in-game market placement.

lol ....what?

Can't imagine for arma 2, we have to wait for standalone i think...

But i wouldn't like to get close to infected, and the nasty smell would make the vision blurry as hell :/

I think it could be added into dayz using arma 2 engine quite easily...but if for some reason not ..then 100 percent in the standalone.

Edited by Massicor

basically i just wanted to congratulate for inventing a really informative topic for your post, OP

TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD