Sign in to follow this  
mark3236 (DayZ)

Is the DayZ going independant?

I am playing DayZ with ARMA 2 Free and ARMA 2 OA. Since that makes the texture blurry and bad, I was thinking about buying the ARMA 2.

However, I heard a rumor that DayZ is going independant. If that happens, ARMA 2 CO users will have to buy the DayZ again. I'd like a link or something about this matter, since if it's true, I don't want to waste my money on ARMA2 just to buy DayZ again a couple of months later.

P.S.

I'd also appreciate if someone told me if this is going to be developed on another engine when going independant. It would be great if unreal engine 3 or frostbite were used. The ARMA engine is buggy as hell.

If the framerate and graphics were even just half of the one of frostbite or unreal, this game would be greater. Something like amnesia would be just fine. opening closets with physics engine and such.

Right now, DayZ is gaining popularity only because the gameplay was unique, not because of its engine, framerate, graphics, AI, or anything. Except for the ideas and gameplay, this game is a total disaster of programming. Everyone knows that.

ARMA2 original was sort of popular because of the vehicles, big map, teamplay and realism, not because of amasing graphics or nice feeling of shooting.

If DayZ is going independant, that's okay. I just hope they make it on another engine. They need to fire the programmers, keep the brainstorming department, and headhunt programmers from DICE and Activision.

Arma 3 looks realy good... no need to fire the programmers...

Dayz might go independent... no one realy knows since they are still busy with arma 3.. however early arma 3 was proven to be able to run Dayz so atleast that's a safety net.

but no one(maybe Rocket??) could tell you if dayz will go indepented.. not yet

Rocket I believe works for BE (the company that makes arma) so I kinda doubt it would go independent. If it did, it would probably use the same engine.

Arma 3 looks realy good... no need to fire the programmers...

Dayz might go independent... no one realy knows since they are still busy with arma 3.. however early arma 3 was proven to be able to run Dayz so atleast that's a safety net.

but no one(maybe Rocket??) could tell you if dayz will go indepented.. not yet

Thanks. I'd just heard from my friend it was going inde in September, and it will cost 20 bucks. I guess he must have heard a meaningless rumor.

Rocket I believe works for BE (the company that makes arma) so I kinda doubt it would go independent. If it did, it would probably use the same engine.

Quick reply. Thanx.

It would be good if this game was improved. The genius level of the gameplay is way too higher than the graphics and compatiability.

I'll just make a game company a while later and make a better one, and make money off of it. I hope rocket doesn't make the game too good ;)

rocket hasn't told if it will be released indepented... arma 3 is set for Q4 release (september?)

Rocket are hoping that he can get the funds to release Dayz as an indepented game instead of a mod since it have suddenly gone from a small road to the shacks in nowhere to a main city road^^ if you know what i mean :)

I am playing DayZ with ARMA 2 Free and ARMA 2 OA. Since that makes the texture blurry and bad, I was thinking about buying the ARMA 2.

However, I heard a rumor that DayZ is going independant. If that happens, ARMA 2 CO users will have to buy the DayZ again. I'd like a link or something about this matter, since if it's true, I don't want to waste my money on ARMA2 just to buy DayZ again a couple of months later.

P.S.

I'd also appreciate if someone told me if this is going to be developed on another engine when going independant. It would be great if unreal engine 3 or frostbite were used. The ARMA engine is buggy as hell.

If the framerate and graphics were even just half of the one of frostbite or unreal, this game would be greater. Something like amnesia would be just fine. opening closets with physics engine and such.

Right now, DayZ is gaining popularity only because the gameplay was unique, not because of its engine, framerate, graphics, AI, or anything. Except for the ideas and gameplay, this game is a total disaster of programming. Everyone knows that.

ARMA2 original was sort of popular because of the vehicles, big map, teamplay and realism, not because of amasing graphics or nice feeling of shooting.

If DayZ is going independant, that's okay. I just hope they make it on another engine. They need to fire the programmers, keep the brainstorming department, and headhunt programmers from DICE and Activision.

So you don't want to buy independed game again after probably 6 months, but you want to give it to Activision?

enjoy you're 60€ every year for a new map pack, small maps, arcade gamplay.

edit: also how can you fire the people who came up with the idea, whats wrong with you..

Edited by Hawc

Unreal or Frostbite? You realise its the engine that makes DayZ what it is?

Unless you want linear, scripted gameplay you best get used to it for now, and enjoy the improvments come A3.

There has been a lot of chatter about DayZ going independent, especially coinciding with ArmA3's release next year, but nothing is confirmed and Rocket has said several times in interviews that it is still all very much up in the air at the moment. Hopefully whatever decision they make is a good one for the health of DayZ and the devteam, as I'm sure it will be.

He did say at Rezzed he was looking towards it being standalone, but that doesnt mean starting from scratch on a new engine.

If you get the game

P.S.

If you get the game you would easily pay 50 euroes - easily beat both my BF3 sessions & Diablo 3 keep in mind I've followed the ARMA series since Operation Flashpoint so the engine and mechanincs werent that of a issue for me as it isn't for a large part of the current playerbase.

The shooting mechanics are adjusted to the pace of the ARMA series, yes its "stiff" compared to recent FPS shooters but you need to understand the mods heritage and some mechanics you are asking for are going to appear ARMA 3 here I'm thinking the hit registration+rag-doll, more fluid attachment management and not to mention better gun models.

The framerate issue was somewhat solved in the newest patch no issues here, the graphics are decent make sure you configure your game properly especially the 1:1 scale in the interface/3D resolution.

The zombie AI is weird but I find it to be no real problem perhaps other than their insane spotting introduced in 1.7.2. And actually even Rocket himselfs says the Real Virtuality-engine is quite diverse and I would definitely urge you to see some gameplay footage from Carrier Command: Gaea Mission which use the same engine. [EDIT] - Well I'm apparently talking out of my ass, Gaea Mission uses a different engine.

Edited by Volff