Sign in to follow this  
m0ri4r@gmail.com

Question about raw meat

Is there an easy way to find animals or a spot to wait for them to spawn ?

Box of matches allow to light up multiple fires or only one ?

Thanks for answers.

you have to remove your fire each time or log out and log in. for animals you mostly find rabbits/pigs in forests and for cows sheep and goats they are often in fields with the fences like the big farm fields the the crappy wood fences around them

The Animals are everywhere, mostly in the open land and the boars are in the woods. You can find them randomely scattered all over the world and you must be a little lucky finding an animal. I once found two cows in the same field and I felt like a happy kid.

I have a quick follow up question that I can't seem to find the answer to.

Does raw meat eventually go bad, or is that something I don't have to worry about it? I have about 3 slabs of meat in my bag I was planning on using but my matches 'magically" disappeared out of my pack. So i'm wondering if it's worth it to hold onto the meat until I get matches again

I have never seen meat go bad, but that would be an interesting feature. If you 'magically' lose items consider a rollback from the DB or you swam into water.

How do you loot the animals for food? I've run across them and killed them but it didn't let me take anything off them.

I have never seen meat go bad' date=' but that would be an interesting feature. If you 'magically' lose items consider a rollback from the DB or you swam into water.

[/quote']

Yeah, I figure it wasn't a feature in the game. I think i got the idea from playing a lot of Mount & Blade recently. Also I'm pretty sure I lost the matches due to a bag glitch, when switching to a bigger bag.

How do you loot the animals for food? I've run across them and killed them but it didn't let me take anything off them.

You need a hunting knife. Then a box of matches to start a fire and cook the meat.

Before killing animals for food you will need the "hunting knife" item in your inventory. Once you have that and are kneeling before a fresh kill you will be provided with a "gut animal" action menu option in your "wheel mouse" scroll menu. Once completed with gutting the animal an appropriate amount of "raw meat" items will appear for you to add to your inventory.

To cook the meat so that you or your mates can consume it you will need fire. You can use the fire barrels found in different places around Chernarus or you can use the "box of matches" that is hopefully in your inventory and in a flat obstruction free area you can create a fire to which will allow you to then cook the meat so that it can be consumed.

As stated earlier, you will have to "extinguish the fire" if you plan to create another later when you plan to cook more raw meat.

Thanks for answer.

Its kinda silly that matches never run out.Would've make you think even harder when to make fire.

Well a big box of matches can hold up to a couple of hundred so it isn't all that unrealistic. If/when weather effects get added and that throws a spanner in the fire 'works' (seewutididthere) then that could be interesting, like using up your matchbox if you light it in a storm.

what are the effects of cooked meat, does it replenish your blood fully, or only 200 blood like canned food?

what are the effects of cooked meat' date=' does it replenish your blood fully, or only 200 blood like canned food?

[/quote']

It replenishes 800Blood each steak.

Are the places where matches appear random' date=' or is there a sure place to find them?

[/quote']

Random. Anything other than a Hospital.