Sign in to follow this  
vitality

Poor kid at Pridorgski

Was at the barn in pridorgski and found a cz-500 with a mag. Went to the top corner of the barn (its 3 stories tall) and hid out there for a bit. Some dude came in with what seemed to be a nice military weapon so i shot 2 cz rounds into him and he fell over and died. I quickly ran to his body and looted everything he had, including an AK-47 with 4 mags, and camped in the barn shooting the zombies that came in. I feel no remorse, it's his fault he decided to go to that barn.

Edited by HDVitalz

Your like every other noob, and you "fight or flight" crap. Maybe he woud have been friendly and joined you, how do you know he was going to kill you?

• Like 1

Your like every other noob, and you "fight or flight" crap. Maybe he woud have been friendly and joined you, how do you know he was going to kill you?

How do you know he wasn't? Why take the chance? Fight or flight is human instinct. It's not crap, and in a desperate situation in real life, you would too. Don't say you wouldn't, because your brain is hard-coded, along with virtually every other living thing on the planet. Sure, the game isn't real life, but in this game there is no way to put a gun to anyones head and tell them to drop their weapon without taking the chance that they'll simply click their mouse. Fact is you have no way of knowing what someone will do, and you have no way of knowing that the befriended person won't shoot you in the back a couple miles down the road while you're looting something. I don't take that chance. If I'm going to trust someone, it's going to be someone on voice comms. Nothing else.

• Like 5

How do you know he wasn't? Why take the chance? Fight or flight is human instinct. It's not crap, and in a desperate situation in real life, you would too. Don't say you wouldn't, because your brain is hard-coded, along with virtually every other living thing on the planet. Sure, the game isn't real life, but in this game there is no way to put a gun to anyones head and tell them to drop their weapon without taking the chance that they'll simply click their mouse. Fact is you have no way of knowing what someone will do, and you have no way of knowing that the befriended person won't shoot you in the back a couple miles down the road while you're looting something. I don't take that chance. If I'm going to trust someone, it's going to be someone on voice comms. Nothing else.

You, sir, have my utmost respect.

I would have done the same thing. That dude probably would have blasted you on full auto with his AK the moment he seen you.

they need to rename this section to "shit story section"

please take your pathetic stories elsewhere

• Like 4

I think it was a great story. Why juice it up when you can just tell the truth without exaggeration?

• Like 1

I think it was a great story. Why juice it up when you can just tell the truth without exaggeration?

no kiddin man

keepin it real since '86

Fight or Flight is the best survival tactic for DayZ. OTOH, sometimes neither is necessary.

Today I logged in with my 8 Day old char and went on with my daily Loot Route. Shortly after starting I heard shots coming from the top of Green Mountain. I was lower down on the mountain, but fairly close and instead of taking Flight, I went about my usual Deer Stand looting. There are 2 Deer Stands nearby, first went normal, proceeded to the next still hearing the occassional shot. As I climb down the second ladder and began walking away, suddenly I hear the crack of 5 or 6 shots, then I fell over dead.

Respawn near Komarovo. Found a couple goodies(Hatchet, Drinks), then decided to risk Bolota Airfield for the first time. Found a Remington in the Tower, nothing of interest in the hangar next to it, proceeded to next hangar. 10-15 meters in front of me I see quick movement, then notice a Z quickly running . Immediately I had a bad feeling about it, but I only recognized the Z, although it seemed at first to be 2 different bodies I had seen. Within a second of that occuring a Z aggro'd, so I ran back into the first Hangar. While I was still dealing with it, a survivor comes rushing in and shoots me dead. Wasn't a whole lot I could have done differently here, but Fight was my only option if I had the time to take it.

Respawn at Cap Golova, looted Barns at Prigorodky, then proceed inland. At Staroye I came across another player and survived without shots fired. We were both headed to a Barn from different directions when suddenly we noticed each other with about 5m separating us. We looked at each other, then after a second I aimed away from him, did the old Left/Right lean jig, he did the same, and I backed away slowly only turning and crouch running when 20m separated us. I didn't really need anything at that point(have Food, Drinks, Meds, M1911, Double Barrel shotty,and a bunch of Ammo for guns I don't even have) and every Barn seems to have only Hatchets and Jerry Cans these days, so it was no loss. This was the exception to the rule, but given the nature of DayZ, should have ended badly for one of us.

I would of given it a few seconds and Blasted the fool. This is survival of the fittest, if you hesitate in this game you will be killed by 98% of the population, the only people who I have seen that haven't killed on sight is new players with hatchets or crowbars

Why are you flaming bandits in the bandit section, you baboon?

• Like 2

Strangers are threats, simple as that. If they don't kill you outright, they may do it later as they don't know you. Even then, they betray you without ever realizing it more often than not, simply because there is a good chance they will do something stupid and aggro zombies which can get you killed by virtue of zombies being zombies, or by leading someone else to you that spots the agitated zombies.

It's about taking care of threats, present and future. It's best to get the threat out of the way early then wait until a critical moment.

Also, lol raging on bandits in our own section.

OMG NICE FIND I DIDNT KNOW YOU COULD GET AK47 I WANT THIS OMG HOW AND WHERE PLS TELL

Why are you flaming bandits in the bandit section, you baboon?

because since the game got popular the younger xbox era players are descending upon these forums and now its all about our mums and the fact that some of us are homosexuals lol