Sign in to follow this  
DataPack

Frame Rate Lag

Im having terrible framerate issues on DayZ.

specs:HyperX 1600Mhz 8gb, Phenom II X6 1055t 3.4 Ghz, MSI HD 7970.

Drivers checked.

already tried to put the game on the lowest settings and that dosent work..

Edited by DataPack

Its not server lagg, been jumping around 10+ diffrent servers and still lagg like hell

Check if steam is downloading, any background downloads, other people using your internet (possibly on a laptop).

Man, people are thinking network lag when he states framerate.

Arma II is pretty heavy for a lot of machines, consider turning down some options especially Post Processing Effects.

My specs:

Intel i5 3750 3.4Ghz OC'd to 4.5Ghz w/Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Cooling

Nvidia EVGA GTX 670 (FTW edition) OC'd

8GB DDR 1600 Corsair Vengence RAM

Mobo: Asus Zabertooth Z77

Video Settings in ARMAII/DayZ: Very High Preset w/1920x1200 3D Resolution, runs at 60-100+ fps regardless of server.

Regarding input lag, haven't had any in quite a long time. Runs like a dream.

Question for you:

What are your GPU/CPU idle temps?

What are your GPU/CPU max temps under DayZ?

Do you monitor your temps at all?

Does your mobo have built in temp thermometers?

How many case fans do you have in your build?

How long have you owned your build?

Did you build it yourself, or prebought (from whom did you buy it?)

Possible Answer:

You're GPU/CPU could be underclocking due to overheating, or if you don't monitor your temps at all, it's possible that you have permanent damage to one of your boards/processing units.

Edited by drewmaw

My gpu is around 50C and my CPU is 42C underload

the GPU usage dosent go higher than 15% on DayZ...

I run BF3 on ultra 1980 x 1080 with 73fps as minimum...

Edited by DataPack

You're setup sounds similar to what I got. When I first played the game I confused fps problems with mouse smoothing delay until someone mentioned turning mouse smoothing down. But I'm stupid like that. Good Luck!

Edited by DeadManDan

Modified the Thread Title.

I should move this to support/troubleshooting, but he !

Later maybe.

Edited by Boneboys

My gpu is around 50C and my CPU is 42C underload

the GPU usage dosent go higher than 15% on DayZ...

I run BF3 on ultra 1980 x 1080 with 73fps as minimum...

Yeah, something's off... I would look at the ARMA troubleshooting.

My GPU underload on DayZ gets up to 66C (max 69C in rare cases). CPU stays very cool though.

Edited by drewmaw

Well I guess the more isolating question would be: Does this happen with other games? Including and excluding arma 2.

Man, people are thinking network lag when he states framerate.

Arma II is pretty heavy for a lot of machines, consider turning down some options especially Post Processing Effects.

Nothing wrong with that. I've been on some servers where I get crazy crap lag (like slideshow lag), only to jump to another server and have a buttery smooth framerate.

Of course, DayZ is like the ONLY game I've ever played where the server can actually affect your fps rate.... and I've played a lot of games.

Edited by Whattteva

it does not happen with other games/Arma2 campaign.

DayZ is like the ONLY game I've ever played where the server can actually affect your fps rate.... and I've played a lot of games.

Try MW3, happens there too...

it does not happen with other games/Arma2 campaign.

Try MW3, happens there too...

How it happens in these games is beyond me... I mean, it makes no sense... why would server PC speed affect yours?

I have a simlar system and I start off usually with around 50-80 fps but after a while it will drop to maybe 25-60... I am thinking my GPU could be getting a touch warm. My CPU is water cooled so I doubt that's getting hot. What's the best program for monitoring temps?

How it happens in these games is beyond me... I mean, it makes no sense... why would server PC speed affect yours?

Bad coding.Thats everything i can say lol

I have a simlar system and I start off usually with around 50-80 fps but after a while it will drop to maybe 25-60... I am thinking my GPU could be getting a touch warm. My CPU is water cooled so I doubt that's getting hot. What's the best program for monitoring temps?

I use fanspeed,It shows of eveything in your PC,mobo,HDD,gpu and cpu (not sure about the PSU)

I'm having this issue aswell. That my fps degrades over time. It gets fixed if you do an abort and reconnect though. Feels like a memory leak or something similar.

Thanks I'll try speedfan. I did think about a memory leak to. I'll check the temps and probably rule that out.

Hopefully rocket will try to fix the preformance of the game rather than the gameplay (which is flawed but still playable).