GhostSe7en

[UPDATED] Ghost Response Team - Taking Applications

Ghost Response Team

[RECRUITMENT: CLOSED]

Warning: This is a recruitment thread, and a wall of text. If you wish to skip the reading and join us, please go here

http://dayzgrt.enjin.com

"Many people are trying to save others here in Chernarus. Running miles only to fall to their own death and leave others helpless including themselves. Professional Soldiers are becoming a statistical number just like the civilians who are running scared. Why? Because they lack the training, discipline, communication, and funding of a well organized team. We are here to give them that. We are here to do what others seem unable to do. Get the job done. We don't claim to be the best, but we haven't fallen to anyone who has tried to oppose us."

---------------

What is Ghost Response Team?

GRT is a group of like minded individuals who share the same common goal, survival, protection, and family. We have been focused on nothing except expanding our numbers and outfitting them with the best gear we can find. Which in turn allows us to find more people and get them geared. We look to help those in need, and punish those who focus on hurting others for no reason. We respect that people play the game how they see fit, however if they choose to kill, loot and pilage, then we to will attack with the full extent we can.

We are a Military Structured team. That being said, we do this more for functionality of gameplay rather than busting down recruits and pushing for progression of the ranks. We have missions / overwatch / medic response / assault squads / mechanics. Doing it this way allows everyone to play how THEY want to play.

What time zones do you play in?

Actually the beauty to GRT is that we actually have two fully operational squads so far:

Alpha Division - 1st US Command - These are the players who play in the US / Canada

Bravo Division - 1st UK Command - These are the players who play in the UK & Surrounding Areas / Australia / Pacific

How long have you been playing this game?

It's a mixture, on average most of us have played since it was first launched. We have new members that are constantly learning, and we have others range from two days to 2 weeks. At this point we aren't looking for ONLY experience players as our core 20-30 original members are already experienced.

What sets you apart from other Clans / Guilds / Groups?

I get asked this a lot, and I find the simple answer is, everything. I have been gaming for about 14 years. Through those years I have been in countless clans, guilds, groups. So many I can't even list them, because honestly they lacked what people look for and need for fun gaming. A community, a family. Sure people can offer that, but how many people have belonged to a 200 person guild where everyone knew each other? Their girlfriends and boyfriends names? Knew what they did for a living? Met up and hung out? Well I have, and have always promoted that.

Gaming is something that should be done for enjoyment, not rage, not anger, frustration. It should be done for enjoyment. When I get off work I look forward to going home, hoping on TeamSpeak / Vent / Skype / Mumble and start gaming with everyone. Joke with people, relax, ESCAPE reality and your normal life to something more.

So what do we offer? That, the escape to have fun, mixed with the push for perfection.

Do you honestly have squads?

Correct, we do have squads.

What is the point of having a squad?

Well this game more than any other game really does promote this type of process. You have a Squad Leader who is responsible for direction of the team, where to go, how to approach things. He decides what the play is. He should be praised for accomplishing and doing well, and feel responsible for when things don't.

We have a sniper, who provides overwatch and is an excellent marksman. This person doesn't go into the city, he watches from afar and alerts to the squad what is going on around them. They are responsible for dispatching, upon command, as many people as needed to make sure the team leaves in one piece.

We have two assault/comandos who are in the trenches covering the medic(s) and mechanic(s). They are who you want with you to get you out of any building. They will push through troves of zombies or a full unit of attackers themselves. You want them to to put their lives on the line when you are in the shit, because you know they will come out on top.

We have two rotation spots, usually being two medics. However the situation may arise for two mechanics or one of each. The Medic(s) aren't helpless fools. They are in-charge of keeping the squad alive and helping survivors. The reason they are a medic though is that they focus on holding epi-pins, morphine, bloodpacks, bandages, etc. They have some ammo, and some food, but the others carry the supplies for them so that they can be the most efficient.

The mechanic too is a commando, but he carries a lot of things that others don't. Thus sacrificing the stopping power of weapons, but gains the power of mobility. If we look to get off this damn rock, we need to find some transportation.

Do you help everyone in need?

It depends. If you are already one of us then you will have our help no matter what happens. Through thick and thin. If you aren't one of us then we will do what we can to get you out alive. We apologize for our hesitation, but we do know a lot of people lay traps and ambushes to try and better their gear, which is I guess how they play, what keeps us safe is our numbers. You may take a life, but be sure you understand you will not make it out alive.

But yes, in general, we will try to help everyone in need.

Where do you normally hang out at in game?

We have a few different areas that we stay close to so that we can respond quickly. We also are always on survey and security around heavy traffic areas. We know survivors will head to these locations in order to look for help, supplies, or to cause problems. With each of those scenarios, we can help.

Can you give me free stuff?

We aren't a charity network, but we will help where we can. Like I said if you are one of us, then we will make sure that you get geared so that you can aide us in the best way possible. If you are an experienced DayZ player you know that gear comes and goes because of Zed's / PK'ing / Alpha Glitches etc. We have a team dedicated to nothing but getting gear for our team.

How do you get all of your gear / equipment / weapons / camo?

Some of our team has the best of the best. Real players of DayZ know the great areas and where things spawn. It takes time and patience. Once again though numbers play a huge roll, if we find something on someones wish list we take it and deliver it to them.

Do you have vehicles?

We do, do you?

Are you guys bandits?

Not at all, we focus on the positive side of the game. That being said, everyone turns into a bandit when they need to. Think of us a Robin Hood's Pirates. We protect those in need and make those who don't play nice suffer. We take loot from the land and give to the poor. Our rule of thumb is that we do not shoot the unarmed and if you shoot at us, do know we will shoot back. If we miss, we will hunt you down.

We aren't here to grief people, and we aren't here to make people not enjoy the game.

Do you kill without reason?

Never, there is always a reason. Do we spawn kill and grief other players? No.

What do you feel about hackers? Glitchers? Game Abusers?

I'm not a white knight, and i'm not hear to tell people how to play their games or live their lives. Everyone does things because they feel they should.

We don't condone hacking, glitching, or game abusers. Why? Because my grandma says those players are rookies, and i'm not about to call my grandma a liar.

--------------------------------------

Join us now! http://dayzgrt.enjin.com

So in closing, we look forward to seeing all of you in game one way or another. Myself and my team has had a lot of fun playing so far, as we look to the future we are excited to contribute to the growth of DayZ. If you have any questions please feel free to respond to this thread, however my main source of being contacted is at our forums or our Mumble chat.

Thanks for reading, good luck and happy hunting!

-Ghost

Edited by GhostSe7en
  • Like 12

Just trying to give some advice: Make your text bigger. It is very difficult to read.

Agreed, however it seems to be a forum glitch. Thanks Funk.

Everything is listed on our application that are hosted on the site. Feel free to sign-up and take a look.

I've been a team member for just under a week, and I've already had more fun, and been more successful, than I have in 3 weeks of playing solo/in small groups.

GRT strikes a great balance between being organized and having fun. I can only see it getting better as the ranks swell.

Just lost a lone-wolf character of 20 days.

Infiltrated and borrowed at least 5 vehicles from clan camps and i know how to handle myself.

if my friend doesn't start playing again soon i'll contact you guys.

Just lost a lone-wolf character of 20 days.

Infiltrated and borrowed at least 5 vehicles from clan camps and i know how to handle myself.

if my friend doesn't start playing again soon i'll contact you guys.

Look forward to it Morgan, you AND your friend are more than welcome.

I'm a member of this group.. joined when they first started and haven't regretted it for a second. :)

I applied a little while ago. Without submitting an e-mail address or other form of contact, how will I know if I was accepted? Will you PM me on your site?

I am unsure as to why you wouldn't want contact information. If you are accepted though I will be sure to PM you.

GRT member for about a week myself. Can't speak highly enough of the crew. Ghost has some serious skills in the coordination department (both in game and as the head of the GRT).

A++ would buy from seller again.

I need a blood transfusion im only at 2743 blood and im running out of ammo please help!

I just applied, this looks really well put together and established.

I hope I am accepted.

As rigid as this application is, I'm enjoying answering the questions as I type this. Hope to be able to play with you guys soon!