Sign in to follow this  
Legenscary

Can someone tell me what happened here? It seemed like the whole server died at once. Video of what happened inside.

I'm pretty new at the game, so forgive me if I'm getting this wrong, but it seemed like everyone in the server I was playing in started dying all at once. I was streaming on twitch tv at the time, and was able to record what append. Is this a cheat? Or did someone shoot me while I had my back turned to the window? Here is the link: http://www.twitch.tv...ary/b/324693359 It happens around 32:07. There's a bit of swearing in the video... I was really frustrated.

Edited by Legenscary

Sniper blew your head off. And everyone can die at the same time surprisingly without hacking you have no idea if 10 people was having a fire-fight. I would go with you got shot by a sniper. I could be wrong and it might have been a hacker nuke.

By the way, don't get pissed about loosing your gear it will happen, over and over and over and over, to hackers/snipers/bandits/updates/bugs/glitches. Do not play the game if you cannot do this.

Edited by Authentic92

You answered this question in your video.

Hacker nuke.

That's really unfortunate if it's true. I'd rather have a sniper shoot me than have something like this happen. Is this a bug in the game or just a poorly chosen admin password?

That's really unfortunate if it's true. I'd rather have a sniper shoot me than have something like this happen. Is this a bug in the game or just a poorly chosen admin password?

If only you and/or a handful of people died, I'd say sniper. But the killfeed suggests otherwise... hacker nukes, AFAIK, are scripts injected into the game to produce various effects and spawn items. Admins really can't do anything about it unless they catch the hacker and then ban him, which isn't an easy task in DayZ.

EDIT: To touch on Authentic92's edit, just shrug it off and play somewhere else. I've lost tons of high tier stuff to legit deaths, bullshit deaths, hacker deaths, you name it.

Edited by Cyric

Sniper blew your head off. And everyone can die at the same time surprisingly without hacking you have no idea if 10 people was having a fire-fight. I would go with you got shot by a sniper. I could be wrong and it might have been a hacker nuke.

By the way, don't get pissed about loosing your gear it will happen, over and over and over and over, to hackers/snipers/bandits/updates/bugs/glitches. Do not play the game if you cannot do this.

That's a little bit insensitive. I have no problem losing my gear to someone who kills me legitimately, but if someone has figured out a glitch that lets him slay everyone in a server (not saying that this for sure happend here) why would you even play this game?

If only you and/or a handful of people died, I'd say sniper. But the killfeed suggests otherwise... hacker nukes, AFAIK, are scripts injected into the game to produce various effects and spawn items. Admins really can't do anything about it unless they catch the hacker and then ban him, which isn't an easy task in DayZ.

EDIT: To touch on Authentic92's edit, just shrug it off and play somewhere else. I've lost tons of high tier stuff to legit deaths, bullshit deaths, hacker deaths, you name it.

I'm loving this game so far, and a single incident like this isn't going to make me quit, but I think this is something they really need to fix before it becomes a huge problem.

I'm loving this game so far, and a single incident like this isn't going to make me quit, but I think this is something they really need to fix before it becomes a huge problem.

Glad to hear it and I agree. However, finding and banning hackers is on BattlEye's shoulders, not the DayZ staff.

The method in which you (and everyone else) were killed is up for debate, but it was absolutely not normal gameplay. The most likely scenario is a debug forest kill. Every character on a server has a copy that sits way off the map in a place called “Debug forest.” If someone marches out there with a grenade or satchel charge they can kill large groups of people at the same time. I am sure there are other ways to commit mass DayZ homicide but I would think that is most common. (Common because all you need to know is where debug forest is. Scripting/Injection and other “hacker” knowledge is not needed.)

Just get off that server. If you ever see a long list of people dying on a server, log out and go somewhere else ASAP.

Yeah I highly doubt that was a sniper.. I agree with the hacker suggestion.

That said, you will randomly get shot in the head by snipers.. my tip is to get yourself a few basic items like a hatchet and a sidearm, then make your way north towards less populated areas.

Most of the time, pvp'ers and bandits will stick around Cherno and Elektro. Also avoid the NW airfield unless you're running with a pretty capable squad.

It's shitty, but it's the way things are.

Good. That's the spirit. Lil advice tho.. Chose what you carry more carefully, take a couple of minutes to go read the wiki and such. Carrying 2 piles of wood while having a hatchet is a bad move. 4 slots for 2 items that you can pretty much get from 90% of the trees in game with the hatchet.

dont want to derail or sound like an asshole, which I will, but standing up in the firestation tower, during day, in elektro is 9/10 on the dumb scale and will almost always get you killed

but in ur vid it was probably hack-a-nuke