rocket

Kicking of Players for Clan members

Please note: this post is meant for the 5% of server owners who are being dicks, not the 95% who are awesome.

Kicking of Players for Clan members:

This has been requested. While we do want to have some "reserved slots" this effectively requires either a lot of scripting or changes to the base game code.

It is something that is being worked on but it is not finished

Originally we trialed allowing servers to kick out players who had either donated money or were clan members of the owner, to allow space for someone else. Abuse of this became RAMPANT.

Server owners need to start wising up. We are only processing about 20 to 30% of server requests for hosting due to the massive volume of offers. The clan servers need to realize they cannot just do whatever they feel like because their actions affect the rest of the game and the servers.

Think about it, if we let server owners do this, what is stopping them from kicking someone who just killed them? What is to stop them kicking people for arbitrary reasons? Who polices this? The policy is in place because it makes sense.

We've been pretty lenient so far, but it is causing us a lot of work to deal with these people being difficult and it has delayed development. Please try and think how hard our job is to balance everything, and realize that if your clan/group is asking for exceptions then there are hundreds of other people probably asking too. Also realize that we have been burned several times, resulting in the need for costly and time consuming backups to be restored.

The current rules weren't picked out of nowhere, we know they aren't perfect. We're just trying to make the best of the situation and keep things going.

In short, their are only two reasons why you, as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc.

I would just like to say it should be the game makers responsablity to be hosting the servers in the first place if there going to be selling a game that they know is 99% of the time being sold just for the online mod of DayZ. Also I would like to say that the clans/groups out there are PAYING for these servers and even though I personally don't own one I can accept being kicked out of a server so that someone who actually PAYS for that server can play. Maybe thats just me but I understand Things Cost money and life isn't fair. Instead of complaining about Admins abusen there powers, How about you take care of the Scripters and Hackers who make Server Admins who are PAYING for there servers pissed off and enraged that they even have to deal with hackers. I think this is kinda a bash on admins because Really this 5% your talking about still PAY for there server and by the way I personally look at it. It's there server. Let them run it how they want since it's There server. oh and don't make it sound like this company isn't making money you have 1 million players who paid 30 bucks for the game hello? 30 million dollars! yeh... Fix the Hackers instead of wasting time talking about upset admins who are probley in the frist place pissed off because of the SCRIPTERS your not taking care of. Do something about it! OR HEY! Hears a idea! PAY FOR THE SERVERS YOURSELF AS A COMPANY WHO MADE 30 MILLION DOLLARS!!! Your unethical. You took off the Arma 2 free so you would get more people to buy your $10 more combined operations. That btw really doesn't do a whole lot more to the game play..... -.-' GOOD DAY SIR!

Futher to my last post, Today, killed by Permafrost, ( even though I called out I was a medic & pointed my weapon away from him..) then he shot me, then I went prone and returned fire.. I died.. but so did he, then some strange things happened.. I logged back in , and found myself within 1 km, was almost back to my old body...within 100 metres then pow I was teleported out of game area, then I tried to re log in, kicked out twice, then I managed to get back on, my body was still there, no gear of course, but the basics, Permafrost, who I am sure ended up dead after his ambush anyway, wasn't nor his gear, so something NQR there methinks..

I am tiered to hear this stories about kicking for clan members, wtf? There are so many other issues because of Teleporting, cheating and hacking that this topic, even if it is true is such a minor thing....We have per day about 10 detected (logs) and varius undetected( radar, esp, loot spawning...) cheaters that this should be the first pain point which should be solved...

It happened to me a while ago so I dont know the exact name of the server,but I do now it was an NL (netherlands) server.

I was on a hill outside Mogilevka overlooking the village when out of nowhere 2 players teleported on the right side of me.

They passed me by in front, running, and I see "admin"in the leading player's tag.

Suddenly i get a strange error message and at the following moment I find myself in a glitched up field with other players

on the server where we all got killed at once.

And yes, of course I had to start form scratch again on another server.

On another german server I was quite surprised that another player (and the only one) I was on the server with could find me wherever I was and Im

sure he wasnt following me on foot, he just popped up where i was, and kept killing me right after I respawned again.

I just thought I'd let the authors know that I and my crew have stopped playing the game until further notice when the game is stand alone and such. I still wish the devs the best of luck and look forward to seeing how they solve all these issues. *unsubbed*