hello

i havent got this game yet its still downloading.

my question is i have been reading some of this forum and came across this post http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/27706-banned/

someone states that you dont get banned for picking up hacked weapons but for bringing them into the server.

so how can you tell if you pick up a hacked weapon? and does this mean if you have picked one up and leave the game(things to do) then join another server.(i believe you keep all your stuff for you to continue playing?)

would that mean you get globally banned for something that someone else has done? as this puts me off playing straight away,looting other players seems like a game of chance.

anyway i hope i am wrong and somebody could explain it to me or a link to where it is explained.

thanks very much for any replys.

It has been stated many times that you will not be banned for picking up a hacked weapon, only for hacking them in. I have seen a couple with people i have killed , i simply hide the body and their gear so no one can come along and get it, i couldnt be bothered playing with weapons that are not meant to be in game, i will leave that for the pretend players. Check the dayz wiki for a weapon guide. after a little while of playing you will become familiar with what is in game :)

Ok. Thanks very much for the replies and the guides. I hope there are good people like yourselves who are helpful in-game....but I doubt it

* snip *

accidental doublepost because of systemlag, sorry.

Edited by Elias

Ok. Thanks very much for the replies and the guides. I hope there are good people like yourselves who are helpful in-game....but I doubt it????

Please have no doubt, because there *are* good people in game who *will* reach out when you need a helping hand. Good luck, see you in the field :-)

Yeah sorry. That was a smiley emoticon on the end. :-)

I know decent folk exist :-)