Sign in to follow this  
TheMachine

My player killing addiction

Basically, when I kill another player I feel like I'm absorbing their energy, their essence if you will.

It really goes beyond roleplaying, since I actually believe I am getting some energy from it.

Each time I put another player down I feel a sudden 'rush' of energy, like their spirit coming into mine.

And as I kill more players I literally grow stronger and stronger.

If I go a long period of time without killing another player I do feel like I'm growing weaker though, my energy is sapped.

It's sort of like the film 'highlander'... and there can be only one.

Except it's an addiction, now I need to kill more and more players to get the same 'rush' as I used to from 1 or 2.

Now if I don't manage to kill at least 5 people each time I login I get really frustrated.

Since the update has caused so many desync issues I think I'll take a few days off DayZ to try to get it under control.

• Like 1

Get some treatment... actually no, i don't belive you and i think this is just your way to see how people will respond to this.

Known issue. Rocket is thinking of temporarily disabling the soul-transfer mechanic until he can get some of the bugs worked out.

• Like 1

I'm completely serious, I've had problems with gaming addiction before.

But now I'm waking up at 4am just to get on DayZ 'early' in european time to kill people while they're half awake/tired.

Someone killed me the other day and I overturned the desk in anger because I was about to hit my 30th kill on that character.

I just felt like the wind was sucked out of my chest when i happened, it took me 5 hours of playing to get enough kills after that to be 'satisfied'.

Known issue. Rocket is thinking of temporarily disabling the soul-transfer mechanic until he can get some of the bugs worked out.

...make my day!

But now I'm waking up at 4am just to get on DayZ 'early' in european time to kill people while they're half awake/tired.

Someone killed me the other day and I overturned the desk in anger because I was about to hit my 30th kill on that character.

I just felt like the wind was sucked out of my chest when i happened, it took me 5 hours of playing to get enough kills after that to be 'satisfied'.

Treat it like you would any other behavior. If you think it's starting to cause problems or get out of control, you need to stop it.

This should be common sense.

Edited by Techercizer

Yeaaaah, maybe it's time to go out side. In real life. Don't take a gun, and don't kill people. Seriously. You are about to become a case-study for conservative senators to cite when they advocate banning 'violent video games' due to public health concerns.

In all honesty, seek professional help.

Edited by Survivor-Kyle

My thoughts taken from the "Deathmatch" thread:

"To me, going the bandit is the easy way out. I understand why everyone goes bandit, everyone is afraid. Why wouldn't you be? I've gotten killed a few times, but I've also gotten a few transfusions from people I just met. Killing someone for their loot kind of feels cheap. It has nothing to do with honor, I could care less about that. I just feel like I worked for it when I find it myself.

Also, when I give someone a chance to cease fire and they end up on the ground bleeding to death begging for their lives it feels completely justified. Don't start it if you cant finish it. "

A few of the guys I group up with know how I play and have no problem with it. We have no set rules when grouping up, if someone feels that someone approaching is a threat then that is there prerogative.

Most of these psychos are actually very nice people...almost...carebears, you could say ;)

There's nothing psychopathic about enjoying Day Z, people. Playing games, like seeking thrills or being in dangerous situations, releases endorphins that can become habit-forming to people with certain neurochemical and psychological profiles. Let's face it: if this game wasn't fun and addictive enough for you to want to do it again and again, you wouldn't still be here playing it, especially after all the hackers, glitches, and people playing in ways that diagree with you. OP just needs to start regulating his game play, and if he finds he can not, to take stronger measures like uninstalling or asking someone for help.

Edited by Techercizer

You sound like someone that's about to do a school shooting massacre.... Seek professional counseling before you become another news headline.

Uhhh yeah there is a name for your addiction its this magical term us not in the spiritual realm use it's called adrenaline.

Uhhh yeah there is a name for your addiction its this magical term us not in the spiritual realm use it's called adrenaline.

Uh... no, the "soul absorbing" feeling... I agree that's adrenaline rush. Flipping over his desk cause he got killed and having to play another 5 hours to satisfy it... That's something else. I bet that's exactly how serial killers feel... except in real life, if they get killed, they don't get a "respawn and do over" chance.

There's nothing psychopathic about enjoying Day Z, people. Playing games, like seeking thrills or being in dangerous situations, releases endorphins that can become habit-forming to people with certain neurochemical and psychological profiles. Let's face it: if this game wasn't fun and addictive enough for you to want to do it again and again, you wouldn't still be here playing it, especially after all the hackers, glitches, and people playing in ways that diagree with you. OP just needs to start regulating his game play, and if he finds he can not, to take stronger measures like uninstalling or asking someone for help.

OP might have fooled ya :D or...if he is serious...needs to get a girlfriend ;)

OP might have fooled ya :D or...if he is serious...needs to get a girlfriend ;)

Maybe you need to stop judging how other people live their lives and the issues they deal with? You certainly don't seem to be in a good position to do so; if your response to someone who is worried they are developing a serious addiction is that they should get a girlfriend, you have a lot more problems than the OP.

Edited by Techercizer

Lol, you sir just made my day!

Might wanna get some help before it does some real damage OP. The fact you are questioning and facing it on a forum maybe a sign.

Good luck and God Bless.

Maybe you need to stop judging how other people live their lives and the issues they deal with? You certainly don't seem to be in a good position to do so; if your response to someone who is worried they are developing a serious addiction is that they should get a girlfriend, you have a lot more problems than the OP.

Hey, no harm meant, man. All in good spirits. If my take on the OP is that he's fooling with us, it's just an opinion. And you know what they say about those...and I'm no exception ;)

Peace!

OP feels the breath of UNLIMITED POWER coursing though his veins. He's got it down, pact.

Hey, no harm meant, man. All in good spirits. If my take on the OP is that he's fooling with us, it's just an opinion. And you know what they say about those...and I'm no exception ;)

Peace!

Sorry for getting so harsh about it, but addiction is a serious issue. A lot of people forget that video games are specifically designed to be addictive as part of their fun. There are quite a few people who do think that people who have problems quitting games just need a girlfriend or a life, without realizing it's a neurochemical dependancy. I try to fight that sort of thinking where I can find it, and it's often hard to tell the difference on the internet.

Peace.

Edited by Techercizer