Sign in to follow this  
alaness

"Werewolves"

Hear me out. I'm not suggesting actual werewolves, but infected dogs or bares that stalk and hunt players at night. How unnerving would it be if you where walking though the forests in the pitch black of night when you hear the growls and heavy breathing of a "Werewolf" stalking you.

• Like 1

Direwolf, Normal Wolf, or how about Feral German Shepards from the military?

Well... We are getting the German Shepards.

I know that dogs are gonna make it into the final game so maybe there is also a chance they could become infected, or maybe it's just humans. Apparently the wildlife is going to get looked at properly at some point. Personally I already brick it enough at night without having the bloody wildlife starting on me!

I'd of named this thread different, but i approve, if they can make them move correctly Zombies are hard as hell to hit right as they aggro becuase they like to kinda teleport sometimes, but if you can get them working, Golden star for good idea.

Dogs are working their way in. They don't even need to be infected, there are plenty of post-Soviet states that have issues with packs of wild dogs that kill people, etc. to this day, let alone ones that are zombified.

Although I'll hate to see the forums the day they make the middle of the woods "unsafe". Carebears sure love to sit in the middle of nowhere....

I'd like to see one very big very dangerous animal that wanders the wilderness at night. It can be a wolflike creature or an infected bear, whatever. It should be an absolute killing machine that will not go into buildings and quickly lose interest and wander off if the player goes in or near buildings. I don't know how possible it is to have persistant npcs, even if its only one, but just knowing it's out there would terrify most players who use the deep forest as night cover. I want to be terrified running to the nearest building ala the orginal resident evil, wondering if it's safe to go out there. People could get annoyed if it can one shot them though. A more sophisticated AI would be helpful in this situation, it can be designed to ambush the player. Knock them down and cause bleeding and then slowly proceed to circle them waiting for them to bleed out. The player can get up and run but it will pursue them until they get near enterable buildings. I don't want the experience to totally ruin a players day, just terrify them.

Edited by LastShenanigan
  • Like 1

Ok, i'm glad you didn't mean actual werewolfs, as i was just about to insta post, they are infected please leave the whole fantasy bit ouf of DayZ (zombies, mummies, werewolfs, vampires) ... but you actually mean something that i thought of myself, infected animals that go on a killing spree, be it in town or in the forest.

So yes i think this will find it's way into the game eventually, most noticably when they improve pathfinding on infected to such an extend that they can just port it over to animals... and ofcourse the models and animations for these animals are complete and working...

I don't know why, but the idea of not even being safe in the middle of nowhere... It's freaky.

Think of it this way, you've escaped Electro after spening and hour or so looting like a madman at night, as you stop to get a hold and take inventory on what you've got and what to do next, You begin to hear bruch mving in the distance, you hear it all around you in the dark. Your heartbeat quickens and you move to elluminate the area, and you spot this, and this is your incounter...

http://www.youtube.com/watch ?v=8OuY1yJUNnk

(Remove the space and skip to 1:20 and watch until 1:50)

That there is something like I imagine it, but of course not a human, unless it could be a mutant strain of infected, and of course, NOT a one hit kill. Also, I like this idea, would make me want to travel in a group that much more knowing there's crap out there that stalks you, this might discourage being a solo bandit/survivor!

Edited by CarloNord

Direwolf, Normal Wolf, or how about Feral German Shepards from the military?

Well... We are getting the German Shepards.

I would prefer this.

- Bears and Wolves in the woods

- Infected dogs in the cities (because of the army and stuff)

I demand diresharks. And an Ogre-slaying Knife. With a +9 against ogres.

If you mean infected animals, then say infected animals. Not 'werewolves'.

I'm not suggesting actual werewolves, but infected dogs or bares that stalk and hunt players at night.

I'd sure like to see them "bares" .....

I'd sure like to see them "bares" .....

I didn't notice that, oopps

If you mean infected animals, then say infected animals. Not 'werewolves'.

Yeah, it was a bit of tongue-in-cheek title to grab people's attention. Sleazy I know.

Bears definately need to be put in and only aggro within forest areas, as soon as you break the tree line they should lose aggro and go back in to avoid getting shot

I dont like the idea of infected dogs spawning in cities because it would make the game a pain in the ass. Cities are well known for being a PVP area with zombies and thanks to that are plenty hard enough, and i like it that way. and instead of infected dogs, i think it should just be "wild" dogs and they should spawn in packs of 3 to 6 (depending on how many players are in their spawn radius) and before aggro'ing you, they growl at you for about 30 seconds. in this time you can throw a chunk of meat (both raw and cooked) in their general direction and they will go over there and eat it, giving you time to get the hell away.

My favourite idea though is a freaky ass mutant patrolling the outskirts of cities where there is forest to catch out snipers every now and then, aslong as they have a chance to get away

Edited by GexAlmighty

Bears definately need to be put in and only aggro within forest areas, as soon as you break the tree line they should lose aggro and go back in to avoid getting shot

I dont like the idea of infected dogs spawning in cities because it would make the game a pain in the ass. Cities are well known for being a PVP area with zombies and thanks to that are plenty hard enough, and i like it that way. and instead of infected dogs, i think it should just be "wild" dogs and they should spawn in packs of 3 to 6 (depending on how many players are in their spawn radius) and before aggro'ing you, they growl at you for about 30 seconds. in this time you can throw a chunk of meat (both raw and cooked) in their general direction and they will go over there and eat it, giving you time to get the hell away.

My favourite idea though is a freaky ass mutant patrolling the outskirts of cities where there is forest to catch out snipers every now and then, aslong as they have a chance to get away

This freaks me out, it reminds me of a web comic; Bong Chong Dong Ghost (Search up Pewdiepie's video of it and have some spare pants around). I imagine it as something alot like the creature depicted in the comic, but with glowing eyes like a dog. There would be shit-a-plenty in everyone's pants at night if these things existed.

(Also, this is my 100th post, ooh rah)

Edited by CarloNord