stinkyghost

Upgrade the Crossbow?

The Crossbow is an Amazing weapon but NEEDS a few more upgrades to it.

• 1. The iron-sight, It's Terrible, absolutely terrible. You can hardy aim with it maybe add a Red Dot sight or something we can have better accuracy with.
    2. Make the range longer or some type of Zeroing. Trying to judge the distance or Zero with it would make this weapon brilliant.
    3. Stack the ammo, it's really annoying going around with 6 Arrows taking all my space up so I have to store my beans in my bag. Maybe stack them in 3 - 6's.
    4. Improve the damage. It does 4k blood damage and takes 3-2 shots in the chest make this 1-2 to the chest and 1 to the body.
    5. Make it make Some sound, It makes Zero sound and this would weigh out the Pro's and Con's

• Like 2

xZzEn.jpg

AMIRITE?!

Sort off but The scope would make it slow to zoom in.

The Crossbow is an Amazing weapon but NEEDS a few more upgrades to it.

• 1. The iron-sight, It's Terrible, absolutely terrible. You can hardy aim with it maybe add a Red Dot sight or something we can have better accuracy with.
    2. Make the range longer or some type of Zeroing. Trying to judge the distance or Zero with it would make this weapon brilliant.
    3. Stack the ammo, it's really annoying going around with 6 Arrows taking all my space up so I have to store my beans in my bag. Maybe stack them in 3 - 6's.
    4. Improve the damage. It does 4k blood damage and takes 3-2 shots in the chest make this 1-2 to the chest and 1 to the body.
    5. Make it make Some sound, It makes Zero sound and this would weigh out the Pro's and Con's

I think you just majorly contradicted yourself there. "It's an amazing weapon" - lists 5 reasons why it's shit. I think the fact that it's so incredibly weak combined with the fact that it takes for ever to reload ONE bolt AND 1 bolt takes up an entire inv slot outweighs absolutely everything.

Edited by Rammfisch

Better sites, not a a scope though

better range - upto 200M effective

ammo quiver.

• Like 1

FET2PYJG1QWB4FL.MEDIUM.jpg

:D Some crazy Russian could have made this : ) Van Helsing ftw

doingitriiiite.gif ?

Edit: Could have a gas canister in sidearm area and bolt canisters in the main weapon area.

Doesn't have to be so silent, a little louder than M9SD/M4A1 SD. or just under M9/GLock etc.

Edited by Photon

What would make the crossbow better:

Considering how weak the firearm is, why not make it slow down the zombies rather than a 1 shot kill unless it's in the head?

I agree on the quiver. However I believe that it must be found, however make it a very common item.

Sites can't really change considering it's already implemented in the game.

I think I might add this to the suggestions thread.

The crossbow is fine as it is.

The aiming is fine when you get used to it. It has an effective range up to 300m (just a pain in the ass to aim that far, but come on, would it be easy in real life?)

To be honest the only thing I would change is the rounds. But the way it is now you'd be able to fire, for example, five shots in succession (depending on how many are in the clip) before you had to reload. Until Rocket figures out how to change the performance of clips that's all we have at the moment.

One fix with the 5 bolts in a clip would be to have the crossbow require a pause after a shot, much like the enfield. Then reload after you had depleted the clip. This would be something more akin to a repeatable crossbow, though.

-Regards,

a person that uses crossbow as his main.

Edited by Shniva

I think there should b a sight like a red dot that don't zoom and a quiver of some sort that u can hold up to 10 arrow in and that's all it need the (pros-silent,1 shot normally kills zombies, and can retrieve shot arrows that's awesome) (cons-slow reload,hard to aim,cant carry more that like 6 arrows and have some room)i mean the X bow is pretty stable as far as pros and cons but needs some kind of sights and a quiver or able to stack arrows like 4,5,6 in one stack

i dont think in the future there will be any attachment feature, due to the limitations of the actual arma 2 game

The crossbow is fine as it is.

The aiming is fine when you get used to it. It has an effective range up to 300m (just a pain in the ass to aim that far, but come on, would it be easy in real life?)

To be honest the only thing I would change is the rounds. But the way it is now you'd be able to fire, for example, five shots in succession (depending on how many are in the clip) before you had to reload. Until Rocket figures out how to change the performance of clips that's all we have at the moment.

One fix with the 5 bolts in a clip would be to have the crossbow require a pause after a shot, much like the enfield. Then reload after you had depleted the clip. This would be something more akin to a repeatable crossbow, though.

-Regards,

a person that uses crossbow as his main.

LIke your idea make it similar to the enfield and make the ammo stacks or add a quiver (holds 20 bolts) that takes a place at the toolbelt. (don't know if the engine allows that kind of thing)

I wouldn't assume that it's be too hard to introduce. I mean, all you'd have to do is change the variable of how many slots the bolt takes up. For instance if you were to make it 5 bolts to an inventory slot, you'd just change the bolt size to 0.2 rather than 1.0. But then again, I'm not sure how Arma II's ammo script works. I haven't actually bothered to look into it. But yeah, something similar to this should be able to work. I'd say eventually they will fix it as at the moment it is very UP.

Well, take the AKM for example. One AKM magazine contains 30 rounds. So it can fire 30 times until you have to reload.

With the crossbow, it is one round--or more accurately one bolt--per "magazine".

Now say we changed the amount of rounds in a "magazine" for the crossbow, for s'n'gs we changed it to 10. You would be able to fire 10 times until you had to reload. This would be for obvious reasons completely ridiculous. So yeah, changes to how magazines preform need to happen before Rocket can change the crossbow's bolts issue.

Unless of course there's a super simple solution that I am not seeing.

Edited by Shniva

I agree with the quiver idea. I would use a crossbow if it didn't take up so much dam room.

But has anyone actually fired a crossbow before? I have. Did archery for years a while back. NOTHING like a gun. You have to work for it. You do what any good archer does, you spend a few shots getting your sights right and THEN you go shoot at a target. You do NOT pick up the thing and start shooting right away

Also the range on a crossbow is not that good. 60m tops, anything after that and you surrender to physics, and the bolt slows right down. If you want range you'd need to introduce bows, which once again, require zeroing.

Well, take the AKM for example. One AKM magazine contains 30 rounds. So it can fire 30 times until you have to reload.

With the crossbow, it is one round--or more accurately one bolt--per "magazine".

Now say we changed the amount of rounds in a "magazine" for the crossbow, for s'n'gs we changed it to 10. You would be able to fire 10 times until you had to reload. This would be for obvious reasons completely ridiculous. So yeah, changes to how magazines preform need to happen before Rocket can change the crossbow's bolts issue.

Unless of course there's a super simple solution that I am not seeing.

I dont think it would work quite like that. Just because you up the 'Magazine' size doesn't mean the animation for putting a new bolt in the bow would change and be some semi-auto bullshit bolt firing death machine. I think they could change it up with ease.

I really like the way the crossbow is balanced now. It is easy to find, silent, and the ammo is reusable.

It takes a lot of practice to use effectively. Just like anything else should. Once you level up your crossbow ability the cons seem a lot less important.

• Like 1

I really like the way the crossbow is balanced now. It is easy to find, silent, and the ammo is reusable.

It takes a lot of practice to use effectively. Just like anything else should. Once you level up your crossbow ability the cons seem a lot less important.

Agreed, it just takes practice. Be clever with your ammo and time your shots well. Its still a one hit kill, no matter where you aim.