Sign in to follow this  
xwhitemousex

Invisible with ghillie suit glitch - please hotfix...

Just had 2 of our 6 man crew get blown away by a guy who was 100% invisible due to ghillie suit bug.

Please hotfix this as it's completely gamebreaking. Dying and losing stuff due to a glitch there is no way you can defend yourself against simply means there is no point playing until it's fixed.

And yes we know he was invisible cause we covered all 4 sectors to N,W,E,S and still one of us got capped from pointblank based on volume of the gunshot.

This needs to be prioritized and fixed.

happened to me, it sucked, but I got over it. The bug disappears when the player respawns or aborts out and comes back in. The problem was caused when everyone in a ghillie suit got their player's clothing reset at the 1.7.2 update.

Edited by icomrade

If you get too attatched to your gear, you will have a bad time.

deal with it

Funny how people decide to just ignore the actual point of the threads and jump on the "deal with losing your gear" bandwagon.

I don't care about gear being lost. I played EVE Online for years and know how to deal with losing items ingame. In fact, the whole permadeath and losing stuff mechanic is the only reason I bother playing this game, since it makes everything more interesting. Furthermore we play in a team of 4-10 players depending of course on playtime and what more. So reacquiring basic gear isn't all that hard.

This thread was not about "OMG, I played for 45 whole minutes and lost my Makarov". I'm not complaining about lost gear at all, I'm complaining about an obvious bug that gives another player an enourmous advantage over every other player on the server.

If I get shot by a sniper, then fine. He was looking my way and I was not in good enough cover. But when you get shot, at point blank, by someone who is invisible due to a bug... and then proceeds to gun down yet another team member because, obviously, noone can see him because of this bug... then it's pretty much game breaking and should be addressed.

Bugs like that is exactly what hotfixes are for.

In the time it took you to write the thread and the reply's you could have just posted this on the bug-tracker to be hot-fixed, Logic. Why has nobody got any these days?

• Like 1

In the time it took you to write the thread and the reply's you could haves just posted this on the bug-tracker to be hot-fixed, Logic. Why has nobody got any these days?

Hop on the hate bandwagon. I guess everyone is pissed at the " there is no point playing until it's fixed" bit

I think he handled his post in a far more mature fashion then I see with the majority of the community.

The replies arent too bad in this thread, Its only my 2nd post here and I'm already over all the people saying "get over it" you lose items etc blah blah. You might as well not post if thats all your going to say. Sure he could have just added it to the bug list. I dont see any reason to act like children because he started a discussion about a particularly annoying bug.

Edited by mullen1200

I don't have a Hate Band wagon, i have my own band wagon check the rests of my posts.

Also, you might aswell not post if all you're going to do is bitch about loosing your items on a game that is in ALPHA, and is only a MOD, it's petty, people need to grow the fuck up and move on.

Meh. The invisible swordsman got me too. I could tell he knew he was invisible by how close he was getting to everyone before killing them. Glitchers gonna glitch. That's life in any game. Just more so here.

semi related:

I think it just comes down to priority. Bottom line (in my eyes anyways) is that the more time this happens on a daily basis, the more people that are not going to continue playing. It might not matter to the players, but some bugs certainly need to be fixed before others. I would say this qualifies for top of the list.

Reaps posted this exploit and I added it to the bug tracker on his behalf.

It will be fixed, once it is, it will be the "bad memory of 1.7.2"

Grit your teeth and soldier on.. people who use this exploit are just making it more likely to be fixed sooner.

• Like 1

Meh. The invisible swordsman got me too. I could tell he knew he was invisible by how close he was getting to everyone before killing them. Glitchers gonna glitch. That's life in any game. Just more so here.

semi related:

lol'd hard