Kaw

-A Short Bandit Survey for the Bored-

.:The Bandit Survey:.

.: So why have you chosen to walk the path of “darkness"(was it for the beans =p?)

.: Lets talk about tactics, what are yours?

.: Do you prefer to hunt alone or in a pack?

.: Your preferred hunting ground(s)?

.: What are your weapons of choice?

.: Your greatest strength as a Bandit?

.: Now how about a weakness of yours, come on everyone has one?

.:Lastly, how about telling us your greatest moment(s) as a Bandit of Chernarus?

.: So why have you chosen to walk the path of “darkness"(was it for the beans =p?)

Because I'd rather kill someone then be killed by them.

Stay in forest a lot, stick by treeline for a few minutes scouting my next area.

Alone.

Elektro

CZ

Hiding

I suck at everything else.

.:Lastly, how about telling us your greatest moment(s) as a Bandit of Chernarus?

I never said I was good at being a bandit, ;-;

- Because, through several characters, I've found that others cannot be trusted.

- Stay hidden, don't engage unless forced to or something's in my way, be willing to let a target go if they're not presenting a threat, be willing to ice someone if they are a threat in any way. I tend to stay as far away from my objective until the last possible moment.

- Alone, banditry packs don't interest me. Partly because bandits cannot be trusted any more than survivors, and partly because it's unsporting.

- Anywhere on the map that's north of Zelenogorsk

- M14 DMR, M4A3 CCO, CZ 550, M14 AIM, Revolver.

- Stealth, as always.

- Throwing stealth to the wind to cross fields sometimes... pisses me off but time is money.

- Sniping two survivors from 500m with a CZ who were in my way, inside a supermarket in Zelenogorsk. Observed for 30 minutes at night, took the shots, observed for 15 more minutes for backup/other survivors.

-A Short Bandit Survey for the Bored-

-There's nothing quite like hunting players who've been alive for a long time.

-I'm like a snail, I basically crawl everywhere. Let's face it, I'm not in a rush.

-Lone hunter, safer that way.

-Northern area of the map, Petro is a cool place.

-DMR is my personal favorite but I use whatever I can get my hands on.

-Patience

-I don't travel around often.

-My first kill

everyone kills me so i choose to do the same.

only move during the night always stay concealed during daytime hours.

most of the time in a pack if I'm hunting.

Hospitals =)

m1911

suppa sneaky

always out of water so can be found out in the open, Often running threw the forest at night with glow stick.

when i first became a bandit i was stuck in Balota tower control, 2 groups fighting each other i waited till the fighting was over. Found 3 guys giving each other fist aid I murdered them.... it felt great!!!!

First kill was to protect myself, it was fun so I continued xD

Shoot the person...in the head....many times

Alone, I don't trust anyone in this game

Wherever I go

Winchester, CZ550

I'm a good shot ;)

Not the most stealthy person around

I have only had 3-5 murders, so I don't have that many bandit moments.

Why look for food, drink, gear and weapons when I can take them from your corpse?

Locate, observe and engage.

Alone. Shoot first and don't ask questions.

Chernarus. You never know where I might be......

Anything I can get my hands on really.

Stealth, distance and the night.

Between wife + work, I don't play much.

I once left a watch, compass and binocs on the outskirts of a village. Then took off to the treeline about 350-450 yards away and waited for the foolish.

I always do it for the beans...

Seriously, I just stopped trusting other players unless I knew them irl.

Heh. Wouldn't you like to know?

I get more done alone, but if a friend of mine wants to play I'm down for a bit of a romp.

The Eastern Coast, inland from the oceans. Mostly the Three Valleys.

Crossbow. If I ever get the chance to use one on a player, I will.

Stealth and self-reliance.

I enjoy making things hard on myself, sometimes this leads to difficult times.

Killing players with the crossbow undetected, then hearing their friends cry out in fear when they examine the corpse.

Path of darkness! I Have chosen no such path, I have chosen a path of righteousness and benevolence! I am here to guide young players, show them the error of their ways. I am here to humble old players, remind them of their hubris. I am here to show groups they are not invincible, convince them they are always at risk.

I find a spot that people travel, I sit 600-800 meters away and I shoot.

Both work, 80% alone, 20% in packs. I generally do not trust others, they have not worked for my beans so I shall not grant them a chance to take them.

Everywhere, being to complacent leads to disaster.

m107

Distance, psychological.

I tend to chat up my victims, play with their heads a bit too much.

Today I found out two people were in Belota, I convinced them that I was on top of the air tower with broken legs and bleeding. I told them I needed a bandage and morphine, sure enough a bandit comes strolling up into the tower. 400 meters away, he barely heard the shot before it hit him.

It started out as strictly self defense, I'd just joined a server with my buddy and this guy kept following us around aiming his Winchester at us. Finally we asked him to either respond or leave us alone, after watching him aim the thing at our heads we decided we couldn't take anymore chances and we dropped him. His buddy heard us do it and went to go grab his CZ to take us out. We didn't agree with that so we took him out as well. After that it's pretty much been in the interest of keeping our group safe. Myself and one other in our group handles most of the killing so as to keep the rest of the group "Pure".

Laying in wait for hours with a rifle with a couple of snipers and spotters, watching the juicy loot spots. Patience, it's so important if you don't have it don't bother.

Having your friends watch the commonly used roads for people navigating to the rich loot in the north.

I hunt with a pack of 12...we are kind of mean.

The rich loot spots in the North. You guys know exactly what I'm talking about.

Scoped Rifles, AKM

I coordinate our packs activities, splitting people up based on their strengths and coordinating our strikes. I'm the boss guy, everyone else in my group has their strengths and weaknesses to which I try to set up people who can complement them.

I get greedy sometimes, with a group as large as our we get kind of cocky sometimes and it leads to us losing people sometimes. We've never had a total group wipe but a pair of enterprising snipers caught us while we were engaging a town today and caused quite a bit of damage.

With my spotter we took out a pair of guys moving through Stary Soboy at 738meters both of us with CZs. It was fucking beautiful, nice clean kill in the red tin building just by the tents. Nothing a pair of snipers can't do.

Idiots shooting me in the leg' date=' or somewhere I was bleeding, ran the fuck away.

Bandaged, I wait for the guy to come as I thought he was chasing after me, which he was. I shot him in the head. BOOM I am a bandit for defending myself.

I am now at -62k humanity thanks to this STUUUUUUUPID bandit system.

Defend yourself and be FOREVER hated by the "Survivors" and Other bandits..

And it doesnt help that the website has a stupid "Step Two kill zombies and BANDITS"..

[b'].: Lets talk about tactics, what are yours?

Shoot everyone on sight, cause no one is friendly towards me, and I dont loot anyone anymore.

Alone, read above..

NW Airfield, Sobor, Cherno, Elektro and NE Airfield.

AKM/M4A1/Winchester

UHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?

Bandit skin - Shoot on sight.

Shooting people. The only reason I play this mod now, cause no one will group with a BANDIT.

- Because of the bandit skin I had received 20mins into my first game while defending myself. I found that survivors didn’t care “how” I received the skin, only that I had it, an I was “treated” acording...and “defended” myself according, an eventually grew to enjoy everything about being a bandit. The Hunts, the traps, the challenge, and of course the beans<3

- My tactics tend to vary depending on my mood, but stealth is alway implemented in any action I take

- Always alone, the few times I have teamed up with other bandits, I found that they were too reckless, couldn’t be trusted, or simply cramped my style.

- I usually hunt between the Bolota Airfield an Cherno Factories, though lately I’ve been making my way north, better more organized, and challenging prey

- I prefer winchester for medium engagements an the CZ for long range operations.

- I would say patience by far. Be it waiting for a victim to come on by, or being patient enough to wait out enemies who have boxed me into a building an hoping for me to make a run for it so that they can shoot me

- Stubbornness, once I engage my “prey” I WILL NOT runaway even when the situation turns against me, an there no way for me to possibly survive except for me to turn tail...it has lead to my downfall many times over.

.:Lastly, how about telling us your greatest moment(s) as a Bandit of Chernarus.

- While wandering on the north outskirts of Cherno I came across a Huey next to the Cherno North hospital, and a plan quickly formed. I climbed to the top of the hospital an started sending out messages. Acting like a nice and naive survivor asking for people for help repairing it. After about a hour I had killed 6survivors and well 2bandits who I’m guessing were looking to set up a trap of there own.

This is a bad question.

Ambush tactics, sneak attacks and NVG coupled with Silenced weaponry for maximum effect.

Group

Starry Sobor and Berezino

Silenced M4

This is another bad question.

This is an even worse one.

Knee-capped two newbies scavenging chern, used a smoke nade to draw a horde down on them. That was really it.

People are idiots. Instead of stating their business, they search me with their guns when I ask them who they are and if they are friendly. I will not risk my life, I kill them on sight.

I'm stealthy. People aren't. I stalk them, and try to not be a trigger happy stressed guy. Patience is the word, I approach them from behind - they never check their six - and sometimes they finally hear me. At this point I shoot them at point blank.

Alone.

Any village, town, base or similar stuff would do. I stay on the hills, waiting for flares or other signs of activity.

For close encounters I am good with any sidearm that isn't a makarov. For the rest, long live CZ 550.

People will shoot me on sight so I don't have to ask anyone if he is friendly or not. I shoot on sight too, and people wait a bit before doing so when they spot someone. No doubts to have when I encounter survivors.

Players with better skills than me.

Too many of them. Being a bandit sure is a great experience.

I think it is the safest path to walk, survivors are a bunch of chickens that most of the time are foolish enough to give away their positions and I dont trust any survivor because most of the time I am walking around with some great loot that I dont want to lose.

I sneak a lot and always know where the hell I am going too, most of the time I find myself easily through most of the big cities and towns. I do however have some trouble to get into the big military camps in the middle off the map, but this may come because I am a lone wolf.

I don't trust anyone except that I know. And even still it scares me what some of my friends are doing to get attention. I prefer to work alone but I am always up for grouping up with others.

Cherno / Novy Sobor

Most of the time I find some nice looking AK's, I don't have a personal choice yet but I do like the AK. I had a M16 once and I absolutely loved it except for the iron sights.

Sneaking around, knowing where the stuff is at and knowing how to take people down silently. I also have a lot of awesome spots where I am pretty sure ammo/loot will pop up and where people frequently pass.

Don't have enough firepower for the bigger military camps so I find myself dying frequently to the bigger groups camping there.

A few days ago I was silently crawling my way around Novy Sobor when I heard a lot of people shooting, I had no clue what they were shooting on but I assumed on each other. When I finally worked my way up the hill I saw it was clear and saw nobody around. I decided to head in loot the tents and crawl back up to see if any other guy would pop up. Since it was starting to get late and dark I thought I was perfectly disquised, until I saw two people pop up and walking directly at me. I thought they saw me but in fact they didn't see me at all. I waited for a clear spot and took down the two bandits that were trying to find some supplies. Because of these bandits I finally found the mags for my M16 which then I traveled the whole world with and had a huge success.

Easy loot, and beans.

Stay out of the main citys, hide in the woods.

Depends on the mission.

Everywhere?

M16 acog, M24.

Ambushing.

My god damn frame rate!

While in eletro, I popped into the firestation to try get some easy supply's and got AK74. Not the best weapon but it would do for now. I head up the stairs and come across some guy with a CZ [Not a bandit]. And light him up. Noticing he had NO ammo for the bloody thing I pressed on down the stairs and came across his friend and we shot each other. I passed out he died. I could hear his friend shooting the zombies off his body. I got back up and ran up the stairs and patched myself up. Looking out the window I see his buddy and I light him up. After thinking It was all over with 3 murders I head onto the road and come across another 2 with shotguns. I run back inside and use the windows once again to take them both out. At this point I'm shaking. Not knowing what will happen next. I go to leave and see ANOTHER ONE at the train station and take him out. 6 murders. 5 minutes. Like a boss.

The majority of the other survivors cannot be trusted. After playing for a few days without murdering, and being shot in the back of the head every time I joined a group of players, I decided to kill everyone on sight except for my group.

Mostly we travel and kill people out past the coast, where they likely have some good gear. Safe traveling is key, and its best to stay a good 15 meters apart from each person in the group and not in a straight line.

In a group. We usually have at least three, and upwards of ten when everyone is online at the same time.

I prefer sticking to the forests of the north, venturing near the airfield every now and then or heading into a good city like Zelengorsk or Stary Sobor. Most of the group prefers CHernogorsk however so we are often there.

The weapon that I have used the most and the longest is the M16A2. We were lucky enough to find an ammo crate with 1200 rounds worth of stanag clips, so each of us that could use it took all we could resulting in about 500 rounds each for the two of us. The others had different guns or snipers.

I am very good at spotting people while they try to stay hidden, and hearing the small sounds of someone walking in the forest.

I not the best at sneaking around, but am good enough to survive. I cannot win in a straight firefight with multiple people. If it is a 5v5, I am always the one to die. I might take some of them, but I will likely die.

I guess that would be my current character with 400 rounds left for my M16A2, a g17 with plenty of ammo, food, water, basic tools, smokes, blood bags, coyote pack, everything you could want and most of the group is outfitted just as good and all together right now. Each of us has killed about five survivors and a few bandits on these lives and one of us managed to get ten survivor kills at one point, died, got his stuff back, and then got another six kills. We are pretty completely set right now and even if someone goes down the others can reclaim the loot or kill the guy.

Fed up of being trodden on, now it's me with the upperhand because I've got the better weapons ;)

Sportful, I'll kill you outright, but I'll admit to your death so I can expect a bit of vengance coming my way

Both, Alone is more secretive, but a pack has a lot more security for your gear and more loot capability, plus better firepower.

Anywhere, but mainly northern provinces.

M24, M4A3 CCO, DMR, I switch them up.

Being a hidden marksmen

Laziness, I'll quite often take a shortcut over open ground rather than take an extra 10 minutes going round the tree line.

3 Guys were walking across to a barn, One has a CZ, One has an Enfield, one has an AKM. I go prone, Snipe one, he drops, the other goes to drag his body, he drops. The sniper tries hiding behind a tree, and I just say "Give up mate, Hiding behind a tree won't do you no favours". He quickly submitted to me :P

Honestly? I cant remember...I think I got killed 1 or 2 times. But after a week or so running around the coast helping people, I just kind of just naturally progressed to the North and to the tribal society.

Usually dont go out of my way to find trouble, but I frequent hot-spots for my own needs and kill anyone I see in order to conduct my activites

Small pack of IRL mates.

North

DMR and NVGs (night hunter). Also have a M4A1 CCO SD handy

Scaring others out of my area

Badluck with servers and losing gear to the restarts

Finding my first UAZ, and it was LOADED with the best equipment

Most fun! Hunting people is awesome. Killing everyone on sight is easier than trying to trust them then getting killed!

Snipe. Stalk. Bait (say you are hurt and need help because you don't want to lose some good gear)

Alone, mainly just because when I'm with my friend we are in different places

Elektro

Cz550, I have only got a single kill with it but it was so solid and beautiful.

I do not have feelings. I am merciless with who I kill.

I can't aim for shit. Like I'm practically retarded with an AK unless I'm very close

http://www.dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3965

It kind of went like this: Self-defense>Bandit skin>always get shot at on sight>accept fate>*bandit mode engaged :D*

Pretty typical ambush tactics

Alone, I'm less likely to be noticed and I hate looking after others.

I usually watch over high traffic routs in between major locations. Usually the most popular routs between cherno, the Sobors and the airfield.

CZ or enfield until I kill someone with a assault rifle as primary. Secondary is usually the makarov(ammo is everywhere and I need something quiet vs zombies)

I know Chenarus like the back of my hand(from experience playing the game since its release). I kill only if they have something I want, I'm not a complete psyco. I don't kill nooberovs, Its poor sport.

It can be very difficult to loot a town when you are alone and have pvp oriented gear. I am can also be greedy(Ex: break cover to go loot that sweet assault rifle and THEN realize the person I just killed was actually the first of a group of 5) this has gotten me killed alot.

I stumbled upon a group of four survivors huddled around a campfire in the middle of the night, I killed two of them with my enfield before the others could react and the rest didn't even make it out of the light of the fire. I netted some pretty sweet loot(M4 CCO with about 6 mags, range finder, an elite coyote, enough food to last me a life time and an assortment of small arms that I didn't need.)

Sick and tired of getting murdered by "friendlies". And people drop food, water and medical supplies alot.

Sniper and spotter, get range on a likely target and wait for him to hold still for a moment.

2+, spotter can suppress or call ranges

Zelenogorsk

Sniper with CZ550, Spotter with M16A2.

Teamwork, both the sniper and spotter communicate constantly

Organising more than two people in the dark... And the fact that one of them is slightly retarded and shot me last night thinking i was a zombie...

Claiming cherno in the name of THE SECOND BRITISH EMPIRE! and killing anyone who came by.

survival/fun

let the people come to me

alone

north

enfield

nvg

alone

creating more bandits

Because its the smartes move to make if you want to life for a long time. Many folks have stupid priorities like getting into cherno or to "team up", which in 90% of the cases gets them killed :)

I only loot barns, stables, huntingtowers and castles and Shops/malls ans Airfield towers when I really need to.

I trust no-one but fellow countrymen and clanmembers who I can talk to on teamspeak.

If I am alone I stay alone, if someone of my friends comes online I will often try to rendevous with them so we can go to more daring spots.

Airfields, and obv the south coast :D

Whatever I have the most ammo for, which is a M4 atm.

If I get the DMR I will stay with that gun since it works well with NVG's :)

Not getting killed in Cherno, tho i have no banditskin because I never see more than 1 guy and some disconnect when fired upon:P

Just none :P I've had many many many hours of gameplay on Chernarus before this mod came out, so I can find my way arround :P Also I have a knife and matches so I can life without even getting remotely near villages.

My bud was camping in the Devils Castle Tower, waiting for me to rendevous with him. When he walked down there where 4 guys near that tower ( 3 inside, 1 outside) He shot 2 of them and the other 2 ran away to the east. Meanwhile I was getting closer from the east so I was bound to find them. But I was wounded, passing out and stuff. So at one moment I passed out, and when I recovered they where both standing over me! I thaught I was screwed bigtime so first thing I did was drop my guns and look down. My heart was beating since I was getting close to the top100 survivors and didnt want to die like that. But they just walked off! While one of them didnt have a big gun yet! He could have easely picked my AK but they just ran. When I found my bud I told the 2 I was a friend of the guy who just shot 2 of their friends, and thats just how those things go :D

Still Alive :D

When i first started out, all survivors seemed friendly until i got more ammo than them or if i had a better gun than them, after that they just killed me. At one point i defended myself and i became a bandit, killed everyone on sight ever since and haven't regretted it.

When I play in a group i'm usually a breach and clear kinda guy, i check all the tents at the military camps and buildings while my friends cover me and i bring loot back to share. I always check my corners and i lean around corners before i proceed.

When i'm a lone wolf, i always avoid cities and sit back and scope out places with range and try to get a few kills that way.

In a pack

The entire route from Elektro to NW Airfield.

Preferred route:

Elektro > Pusta > Mogilevka > Novy Sobor > Stary Sobor > Kabanino > NW Airfield

Alternate route:

Elektro > Topolka Dam > Staroye > Oreshka Pass > Guglovo > Novy Sobor > Stary Sobor > Kabanino > NW Airfield

AK-74M, DMR or M107

Abundance of supplies

I tend to be too aggressive (I tend to unload on other survivors/bandits before my friends are in position, things like that. Still works out pretty well if you startle them.)

Yesterday my friends and i did the main route from elektro to the NW airfield. There was 5 of us. After about 15 minutes of walking we hit the fields near Stary Sobor and took fire from a group of 4, we managed to kill all of them with one of us dying and myself going unconcious. After i woke up we proceeded into town and managed to kill not only one bandit, not two, not three, but five bandits. We then proceeded to the Airfield, encountered nothing and on the way back we killed two survivors.

That was 11 kills in a span of 15 minutes, pretty proud even if it was a group effort.