So whats with all the barbwire in the game lately? At first you couldnt enter buildings because of it now its got to the point you can hardly leave a fucking town because of it?

Please remove it. Its fucking gay & its fucking up my enjoyment of the game.

kthxbye

• Like 1

I'm only bothered by it since it causes huge graphic problems, everything starts flashing and tearing and god knows what else, cant look into the general direction of the barbwire, making it a rather big problem since its pretty much EVERYWHERE.

Just to ask... is there a way to remove it? Like disassemble it or anything of that sort? Because I agree, it's downright stupid when people are blocking up loot spawns and/or exits with it.

If you don't want to remove it from the game, at least make it smaller so it's possible to vault over it, I can understand people putting it up to block zeds etc, but when it stops you from entering/exiting buildings it just gets a bit stupid.

If it's possible to change it so that it can be destroyed by melee weapons (at the expense of causing a bit of a racket) then I'd be happy with that.

I don't mind it so much if it blocks something off to me, but by the same hand when I log into a server and find myself trapped in a building and have to server hop to get out, then yes, that's pretty shitty

the answer is simple it just annoy's me how stupid people are.

find a toolbox which is a pretty common item found in cherno/electro which is were most of the wire fencing is that i assume your talking about.

then look at the top half of the middle post and there's the magic thing that says "remove wire fencing".

problem solved. and if your too lazy to find a tool box then just change server.

please don't make pointless threads, although most people do not know that you can remove wire fencing means you should use the search bar for finding a thread that already talks about wire fencing or look it up on youtube, if there is no answer or has not already been the topic of many other threads do you post.

find a toolbox which is a pretty common item found in cherno/electro which is were most of the wire fencing is that i assume your talking about.

then look at the top half of the middle post and there's the magic thing that says "remove wire fencing".

problem solved. and if your too lazy to find a tool box then just change server.

please don't make pointless threads, although most people do not know that you can remove wire fencing means you should use the search bar for finding a thread that already talks about wire fencing or look it up on youtube, if there is no answer or has not already been the topic of many other threads do you post.

So i guess your someone who supports server hopping if this is your response. Not every person find a toolbox on start up because even if its as common as you say people are always in Cherno/Electro taking stuff, so not every person is gonna find it.

Secondly its not always a case of it blocking the way into somewhere but blocking the way out, because some people go offline in buildings if they have to get off quickly for some reason and dont feel like finding a safe place in the tree lines. So when they log in and have barbed wire blocking their way out and they dont have a tool box then they have to log off that server and find a new one (Which is server hopping)

Barbed wire should be removed or the use of a toolbox shouldnt be required to take it down because its too much of a hassle to deal with for freshly spawned players, or even people who have played for a couple hours and havent found a toolbox. So if Rocket wants to keep the toolbox to remove it then people should either spawn with them or he needs to increase the spawn of them alot more.

Or Rocket should disable the use of barbed wire anywhere that isnt considered forest, because there is no reason for people to be able to use them in towns/cities/hangers/etc. The main purpose of barbed wire is to block off and protect a person/groups personal camp. If he implemented this feature the problems with barbed wire would disappear quickly and he wouldnt have to change a single thing about barbed wire.

So i guess your someone who supports server hopping if this is your response. Not every person find a toolbox on start up because even if its as common as you say people are always in Cherno/Electro taking stuff, so not every person is gonna find it.

Secondly its not always a case of it blocking the way into somewhere but blocking the way out, because some people go offline in buildings if they have to get off quickly for some reason and dont feel like finding a safe place in the tree lines. So when they log in and have barbed wire blocking their way out and they dont have a tool box then they have to log off that server and find a new one (Which is server hopping)

Barbed wire should be removed or the use of a toolbox shouldnt be required to take it down because its too much of a hassle to deal with for freshly spawned players, or even people who have played for a couple hours and havent found a toolbox. So if Rocket wants to keep the toolbox to remove it then people should either spawn with them or he needs to increase the spawn of them alot more.

Or Rocket should disable the use of barbed wire anywhere that isnt considered forest, because there is no reason for people to be able to use them in towns/cities/hangers/etc. The main purpose of barbed wire is to block off and protect a person/groups personal camp. If he implemented this feature the problems with barbed wire would disappear quickly and he wouldnt have to change a single thing about barbed wire.

Oh for the love of all that is good and logical... All that I see you say is Rocket should do this or Rocket should do that. ROCKET IS REMOVING ABOVE GROUND CONSTRUCTION. Aside from that, get a toolbox, they spawn alot in industrial buildings.

people do not use barbwire as it was intended to be used, it should be removed

People use vehicles as mobile, death-permanent tents. Should they be removed?

No. Barbed wire has its place, even if it is spammed a lot. Take, for instance, Freeside Traders - they've practically made Devil's Castle into a fortress during their trade meets by liberal use of barbed wire, tank traps, and sandbags. Want to get in? Use the guarded front gate or get shot while trying to remove a wall of wire 5 pieces thick.

Even better, I once came across a server where a big group (9 people had their clan tag) had barricaded NWA. Yes, all of it - plugged up the fences with wire, and I could hear an ATV on the inside patrolling around. Great use of wire to completely set up shop in an otherwise deadly, high traffic area.

• Like 1

Wire fencing is supposed to allow people to claim buildings, but seeing as how any sort of real large scale persistent isn't ever going to happen until/if DayZ becomes a standalone game I'd be fine with it just going. There are the few exceptions where it results in something cool, but mostly its just annoying.

Edited by TeaLeaf
  • Like 1

I'm with Freeside, and trust me no one removes our fences during our operations. Fences should be used in conjunction with good patrols/overwatch. You can't expect it alone to fend of people.

as for the server hopping yeah I'm supportive of it if something happens such as a bandits barb wires you in the cherno church or something, however disconnection to avoid death and ghosting i hate people who do that because there is no reason to. barb wire is a reason you should server hop otherwise you'll be stuck inside that church for ever and that's really not fun.

as for everything else you said it doesn't matter bar wire, or the proper wording "wire fencing" is perfectly fine as it is. + i am willing to bet if it was removed there would be a hell of a lot of people who would complain about it getting removed.

so the simple answer is keep the wire fencing how else are we suppose to make base's/camps with are friends or have fun with prisoners (dancing in ghillie suit's with hatchets around a fire preparing to kill a guy with the broken leg stuck inside the wire fencing).

Edited by xScottYT

Just walk into it, hold W and press V. You will step right over it, its more of hinderance than a barrier. Don't recommend this if Z's are chasing you.

Wire fencing is supposed to allow people to claim buildings, but seeing as how any sort of real large scale persistent isn't ever going to happen until/if DayZ becomes a standalone game I'd be fine with it just going. There are the few exceptions where it results in something cool, but mostly its just annoying.

Who say's it's not for claiming buildings? If I want to hide in the office building and loot cycle (which is justifiable as "searching more thoroughly), why can't I barricade the doors to prevent another survivor from getting in? What if I want the firehouse as a safe zone for my group and fence off the street to prevent random ax murderers from running in?

Sure, it's abuse when used to server hop, but it's stupid to say we "can't" do something in this game that is explicitly made possible by game mechanics.

Yeah, im a fan of the wire. Don't remove it, Dont do anything to it.

Whoever said finding a toolbox has a point, if there is a cumbersome set of wire, just take it down. Toolboxes are fairly easy to find. All 12 of my teamates have one, and we refuse to server hop...So, weve had to find replacements along the way.

Check industrial buildings.

That being said, wire fencing as it is called in game, (looks a lot like concertina wire to me) is intensely damaging to personnel, and vehicles realistically. Its razor wire, not barb wire. Why can I drive right through it, and flatten it like a tent, and why can I vault over it.

When conceretina wire is driven through, it wraps around a vehicle, and shreds the tires, it has the potential to disable tracked vehicles if spaced properly and emplaced correctly. It also has the ability to become a pull behind mess of razor wire capable of ensnaring personnell as it passes them. So why does a GAZ roll right over it.

Army doctrine used to state that in order to cross a roll of concertina wire, a plank must be used to throw down on top of it, compressing the wire, in order for troops to cross. same for fenced wire. This could be an AWESOME mechanic to put in game.

Maybe Arma 3 could see some good uses of concertina wire.

I'd throw a vote for changing these mechanics.

I'm with Freeside, and trust me no one removes our fences during our operations. Fences should be used in conjunction with good patrols/overwatch. You can't expect it alone to fend of people.

That was sort of my point, in that the wall of barbed wire prevented people from sneaking in. In the time it takes to get next to / try to remove even one fence, you'd get shot. Hence the usefulness of barbed wire.

I've started placing barbed wire and tank traps everywhere so people can't get weapons, it's great.

Edited by Fosty99

I don't find it annoying at all. All you need is to find a toolbox. But i do see what your saying its so common to find the silly stuff they should make it as common as hand grenades. Or they should make it for redirecting zombie's only so players can just vault over it.

I want people who are telling people to "get a toolbox" to remove a wire from a small corridor. The dialogbox is the size of a peanut and if the wire is inside a building it often lands in a wall. How are you going to remove it then? Your super toolbox is useless if you can't access the dialogbox.

And with the server hopping now the barb wire is not a blockade but a nuisance. You don't have to remove 3 layers of fencing to go through it. You just server hop through it. It doesn't help anyone at all.

You must be new here.

Try getting around Cherno as a new survivor with no gun & go look for a toolbox so you can then work your way back thru Cherno to try & get a fucking gun. New players would be over the moon with your suggestion. Just remove the fucking wire.

Edited by MadMax

I'm only bothered by it since it causes huge graphic problems, everything starts flashing and tearing and god knows what else, cant look into the general direction of the barbwire, making it a rather big problem since its pretty much EVERYWHERE.

Same. I am fine with them, just not the fact that that the video glitches up.

zombies at this moment, can go through the fencing... they can go through walls, they can materialize anywhere...

it can be taken down if you have a toolkit... but its really buggy, this is another issue rocket and the dev team will have to deal with when they have the time to, at this moment there are more pressing matters and bugs to attend to