Epsilon 349

Going Unconscious upon entering a server (not in shock)

Infinite hour glass timer...

Date/Time: oct 10, 2012 (approximately 2200-2330 EST)

What happened: prone crawling next to a medical supply box breaks my legs and can't advance

Where you were: medical tents in Chernogorsk

What you were doing: prone crawling next to a medical supply box trying to switch to AK

*Current installed version: 1.7.2.6 - arma 97771

*Server(s) you were on: us 3k

*Your system specs: windows 7 - 64bit/asrock z77 pro 4 mobo/intel i5-3750K CPU 3.4ghz/nvidia gtx 550ti 2gb/8gb ddr3 ram

*Timeline of events before/after error: signed back on after being away for ~20 days, climbed down the ladder of the smoke stack i was camped at. Went looting in tents, the third tent i went in i automatically was forced into prone position and started spinning slowly and broke my legs on a medical supply box. tried to move and nagivate my backpack unsuccessfully. Disconnected to try another server and came back to automatic LOC, and infinite hour glass... tried several other servers with the same result. then hit up the forums for an answer.

player id: 71469894

Help would be greatly app

Edited by fninjb06

Infinite hour glass timer...

Date/Time: oct 11, 2012 (approximately 10:00 pm EST)

What happened: prone crawling next to a pine tree breaks my legs

Where you were: up north in the middle of the map (exact coordinates not known)

What you were doing: crawling around under a pine tree for cover...

*Current installed version: 1.7.2.6 - arma 97771

*Server(s) you were on: us 303

*Your system specs: windows 7/crossfire 5770/amd phenom II x4 965

*Timeline of events before/after error:

Traveling north in the middle of the map... crawled under a pine tree for cover (next to the base of the tree)... all of a sudden my legs break... I try to crawl away from the tree but keep getting pulled back to it in a 15 meter radius. Inventory will not open... cant access back pack... I leave the server to log in to another server... logged into another server and immediately pass out with infinite hourglass timer. So, I decide to wait out the timer to recover from pass out or starve to death... at this point I can not wake up or starve to death (hour glass moves but very very slowly)... I keep getting kicked from servers for inactivity. Staving or waking up is not possible at this point...

player id 59149894

please help

Edited by warbliss

Hi,

Current problem: connecting as unconscious.

After leaving a night server (I was full of blood) to join a sunny one... my character going unconscious, I tried another one = same.

I believe my character is dead, but no one killed me.

Please help me (16 days of life wasted by a bug <_< )

Thanx so much.

ID = 9494278

Hi, I really wish I'd found this topic a few days/forever ago. I've had the same problem for about a week now. I always spawn outside Kamenka and get the infinite timer. I was dead already when it started. Some guy came out of nowhere and gave me a great deal on some extra cranial orifices. :) No Biggie, I'll just respawn, and start again. I never have much more than an axe anyway - more fun that way. :) I'll post my ID when I get to my computer.

Well, I had some time to try a few things to reset my char... I wont go in to detail what they were to much... I tried to down grade the dayz mod and arma to reset at the beach but no luck with the different ver switching...

So, I decided one more time to log in to a server to let the timer run down or starve... I had some chores to take care of and left my guy for a while... I come back and found that I died and am able to respawn once again...

I think my guy starved... I am not sure if a dayz member reset me... I dont know... I am just glad to be up and running again...

Good luck to those out there with the infinite timer issue...

Edited by warbliss

Player ID: 87227014

I believe something along the same lines is happening to me.

Died trying to get closer to a friend, but everytime i respawn i die again instantly. Same status problems from just before i died (Broken legs, shock) I literally respawn fall over and die.. For some reason the game isnt making me respawn a new character?

HALP!!

I'm dying and then respawning in the place I died while lying down and then dying again. Same thing or no? I need an answer, this just happened randomly.

Try installing the 1.7.4.4 Update with Beta 99153, I use to have this problem but I updated to these and it is fixed.

• Like 1

Try installing the 1.7.4.4 Update with Beta 99153, I use to have this problem but I updated to these and it is fixed.

This works. It sucks that we're kinda forced to update to fix it, but it works.

Hmm...sounds like an error related to the "logging out while unconsious" punishment.

• Like 1

I've the same problem too. When i connect i fall unconscious instantly. The timer ticks down super slow, but even when it's finished nothing happens i can't do anything not even hit escape or any other key, so the only way to close DayZ at all is alt+f4..

I've triede running DayZ in the background while doing other stuff for over an hour but nothing changed other than my hungry UI marker getting red, so the game definitely keeps running but i simply won't die and respawn. I also tried hitting esc while "waiting for charackter to create" and click respawn. The game says I died and i get the score-tabel or whatever. but when I reconnect it's the same thing all over angain.

So long story short:

Could you please reset my character, so I can keep on playing DayZ?

PID: 35595142

Thanks in andvance

Edit: Ok Disregard my ply for character reset, seems like someone killed me and put me out of my misery.

Edited by Schmelzer

just started playing this week, was walking along in the woods with no one or zombie around and my guy just went unconscious and wouldnt come out of it (thought it was a server crash), I wasnt in shock or bleading or hungry or thirsty ( I had just respawned 2min before). looked it up online but couldn't find any real helpful info so i deleted my profile and started a new one and the same thing happens i spawn in with an insanely long unconscious wait but with perfect health. I reinstalled dayz and i let me on but that only lasted 1 spawn and now im back to perma unconscious!! Im using Dayz commander and everthing is upto date. not sure where to find my "PID"

A friend recomended thisgame/mod but this bug seems pretty game breaking for new players who will probably just give up

just started playing this week, was walking along in the woods with no one or zombie around and my guy just went unconscious and wouldnt come out of it (thought it was a server crash), I wasnt in shock or bleading or hungry or thirsty ( I had just respawned 2min before). looked it up online but couldn't find any real helpful info so i deleted my profile and started a new one and the same thing happens i spawn in with an insanely long unconscious wait but with perfect health. I reinstalled dayz and i let me on but that only lasted 1 spawn and now im back to perma unconscious!! Im using Dayz commander and everthing is upto date. not sure where to find my "PID"

A friend recomended thisgame/mod but this bug seems pretty game breaking for new players who will probably just give up

DayZ is an alpha mod. When we say, "play at your own risk" we mean it. It is unstable and it will crash, burn, and probably make you cry (but not me, of course!! heheh...). If you would like to see another example of how unstable alpha is, ask me about alpha testing The WarZ, in a pm, no one wants that here! Or, just go ask some people about alpha ver of minecraft right after indev stage. I'm sure you'll be running back to the coast by then. That is, if you ever wake up.

I know how it feels to have no reason to yet seemingly being punished not being able to play this game, as often battleye will do things to me that shouldn't happen, and not let me play. Still, battleye is in alpha too....

I am also having the same problem of Logging in then passing out. There aint no zombies about and i have waited untill food and water has disapeared but it still taking forever for me to die I MEAN FOREVER.... Can Any one help me Please.

My Player ID IS 71298375

Edited by DropDeadTerror

Please help out, unconscious player. Got killed on a rooftop and i disconnected. When i got back i have this problem :(

Please ID 47111622

EDIT:

Problem solved, a friendly survivor helped out :)

Edited by iMpOsEr

a scenario in which i felt an alt+f4 was justified.

To avoid this happening in the future, never combat log, there is never a scenario where it is okay!

Gave up back in January because of this bug, thought i'd give it another go, but 3 months later its the same thing no matter what server i try and log into i spawn unconscious with the never ending hour glass. can someone tell me where I can find my player id # so that i can get this fixed?

I'm using dayzcommander amd everything is uptodate