BrianD

Question about prone.

You know how sometimes when you hit 'Z' your character will just drop into to prone on the spot from stationary, but other times he will run forward a little then drop into prone? What cause the run forward to occur before prone?

I ask because after stealing a DMR from someone who wasn't watching their back in Balotta a friend and I headed to Cherno to loot the hospital. I was covering from the roof of the opposite apartments when I spotted two people running north up the open hillside. Eager to get my first ever player kill, let alone my first sniper kill, I went prone only to watch my character swan dive off the roof to an embarrassing and infinitely frustrating death.

So what causes that movement forward before entering prone? Any help?

go into your control settings and delete the double tap w to sprint part..

It's the number one cause of falling off stuff.

it does this when you have lowered your weapon, happens when you climb ladders or press the button for lowering your riffle...

Edited by LumberBack

I always assumed it had something to do with movement when you go to prone.

To be safe, just crouch, then prone from now on. I don't think you get the dive if you're crouch running.

I always assumed it had something to do with movement when you go to prone.

To be safe, just crouch, then prone from now on. I don't think you get the dive if you're crouch running.

yeah i dont think crouching will help, just click once on the fire button or use the button for raising your weapon...

yeah i dont think crouching will help, just click once on the fire button or use the button for raising your weapon...

I'm... not quite sure what you're talking about. I'm talking about going prone. Not pulling up the weapon.

If you double tap left control your character lowers your main weapon, he is stating that if your character is in this position and your press prone you will do the swan dive. So if your gun is lowered, which can happen after performing several actions like looting or other when you click left mouse your character will raise the weapon again.

If you double tap left control your character lowers your main weapon, he is stating that if your character is in this position and your press prone you will do the swan dive. So if your gun is lowered, which can happen after performing several actions like looting or other when you click left mouse your character will raise the weapon again.

Ah. Now I understand.

Weird. Can't think of a time when I've done the dive and I've had my weapon down. Usually it's if I just prone while running.