Bladerunner09

Is streamsniping considered cheating?

I consider it "natural selection"

If you're THAT stupid to publicly announce your exact position and heading, then you deserve to die

Make sure that your stream is

1) delayed

2) not showing your name

3) not showing your server

and you should be just fine grabbing attention while not being streamsniped

Edited by Hawk24
  • Like 1

why would you do it though, yeah to destroy the game for some else so you can get some laughs... thats the problem about the internet, its me, me, me...

Please. Its not about destroying the game. Its about profiteering from the information and knowing the exact whereabouts of a possibly very well equipped survivor or someone who is trying to scavenge the same area as you were intending to go to or someone who you just simply dislike.

people streaming their game sure don't do it to show off their position, they want to show the game to others, and maybe draw a few more players to the game. way to ruin it.

They actually are showing off their position, their equipment, their intentions etc.. Its all about "Look at me!". Same with many "Lets play" videos. Except that a Stream is in real-time and players who dislke it can interact or interfere with the streamer to their liking.

Edited by Lukio

If you post a video where you are currently playing a PvP, PvE survival game, you are asking to be hunted down and killed in my opinion.

people streaming their game sure don't do it to show off their position, they want to show the game to others, and maybe draw a few more players to the game.

way to ruin it.

People streaming their game want some sort of fame and/or pay for doing something they like doing.

A comment earlier mentioned ghosting, which would be akin to screen-watching in a LAN situation, and was always an issue with competitive games that supported spectating. DayZ is not a competitive game, it's a survival sim. Spectating is not a supported function of the game. People need to go out of their way to stream their gameplay, and as a result they make a spectate function available when normally it would not be.

I don't support stream sniping. I don't stream snipe. However, it is the caster's fault and not the sniper's fault. TBH, I doubt stream sniping is as big of a deal as streamers would have people believe. When you're playing on a populated server, you will be shot at, and just because you have a moderately successful stream it doesn't mean your killer was watching your stream to find your position.

it is cheating, the only reason why its allowed is, that there is no way to proof it.

anyone claiming that it isn't cheating ... i mean common.

people streaming their game sure don't do it to show off their position, they want to show the game to others, and maybe draw a few more players to the game.

way to ruin it.

read page one again, until you find several posts about meta-gaming and rockets view on it.

Edited by Hawc

Hello there

Although, (and these are my opinions) I would find the practice low and in poor taste, I don't regard it as cheating. (edit: as devs have stated this is part and parcel of their um... "vision")

Disgraceful? yes, if you are using their stream too just locate and kill them. To me that just screams lazyness and just an attempt to gain some attention and/or grief.

For eg, it's easy to shoot a new player who is dropping flares everywhere as he/she doesn't realise what a target he/she is making of him/her self. But where is the skill in that?

Why not take ones "Ub3r l33t sk1llz" and hunt folk who are better equipped? (as many folk do)

If you want to hunt then go and hunt real game, don't shoot fish in a barrel.

Rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok

If you want to hunt then go and hunt real game, don't shoot fish in a barrel.

But why make shoot of the fish?

It happens on a game like League of Legends aswell. If you stream, you're tough enough to handle it. If not, well, then don't stream.

It's like using an online map of Chernarus to navigate. Meta-gaming.

Or like asking for help with an ingame issue on these forums.

It might not be cheating, but it makes you a douchebag.

This ^

Nothing wrong with it, your putting yourself out there. Try and hide your server, would help.

• Like 1

I want a Dev to go into Luz chat and end this debate.

The Devs are not on call for your personal problems.

people streaming their game sure don't do it to show off their position

Okay? People shooting zombies don't do it to reveal their position either, but that's what it does.

"Hey guys! I'm going to publically reveal my location, but you're a disgraceful cheater if you utilize the information I have made publically available to gain an advantage in a competitive game!"

"Common" indeed.

This would be the equivalent of holding your hand up in a game of poker saying "Hey! Check out this hand guys!" and then expecting everyone to continue playing as if you didn't show them.

If you don't want people to use information against you, don't give them the information.

This isn't fucking rocket science.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby
  • Like 1