Sign in to follow this  
Sprunkman

very low fps

Hey guys, I'm with a problem in the dayz, my fps is very low, running at 640x400 in very low, more in ArmA II without the mod I run at 800x600 on Normal, how do I fix this lag

Dual--Core 2.7 GHZ

Geforce 9400 GT OVERCLOCKED

2 GB RAM

FPS IN ARMA II 37FPS IN 800X600

FPS IN DAYZ 29FPS IN 640X400

No wonder you are running it with low fps, your pc needs an upgrade. Overclocking 9400 GT isn't a good idea, since you aren't going to get any noticeable boost, 4GB of ram is very much recommended as well as better CPU. You are running dayz with less fps, because it's modified differently than arma 2.

You have a really old video card. I'm not sure it meets the minimum required for ArmA 2. DayZ is even more resource intensive (for reasons I can't explain).

I can run Battlefield 3 at 800x600 on medium, why not in the Dayz

ArmA II epic gunfights and explosions stay at 33 fps

Do you think if I increase the ram will improve performance of my dayz]

I have 2GB of RAM and run DayZ alright. You need a new video card to see increased performance.

And another thing, with the current drivers my fps drops a lot, and I have to use old drivers

@edit

It turns out many strange things, sometimes I put the graphics a little higher in the 640x400 and the lag decreases!!!!, I do not know what's going on!!

Edited by Sprunkman

Honestly its not that expensive to upgrade. I have a 9800GTX gathering dust at home somewhere, and thats from 5 years ago.

You need an upgrade. Desperately.

The problem with buy a new video card in Brazil is the absurd price, here is a 9800 GT $ 300, then I'll stay with this lag, thanks for the support guys!

Ebay? I don't know how stuff works in Brazil, but you can easily find something on the internet for less. But your cpu or gpu might be overheating, how often do you change thermal paste, if you are using same one that came with your cpu/gpu you need to change it. Run speedfan and see how stuff works for you.

For me the single best thing I did to improve fps was lower the "3d resolution". (located in the bar below the "screen resolution")

Reduce that, and reduce the visibility distance and youll be all set

Hello there

What are your graphic settings umm...set at?

Do you use any command line params?

Do you use in game AA or the config fxaa etc?

Are you running the beta patch or regular A2oa?

rgds

LoK

Hey guys I have a problem with running Arma 2/ Dayz also. For some reason I get extremely low fps on this game while I can run other games such as skyrim or battlefield perfectly fine and in medium graphics. This game I run medium graphics at around 10 fps. Now when I make the graphics down to very low they bump up to 18 or so but it's just not that fun to play when I can see my self blocking around the map. The only thing I could think of is that it is reading my integrated graphics card instead of the dedicated since I have had problems with a few games in the past about that. If anybody could provide me an explanation that would help a lot, Here are my specs:

Intel core i7-2675QM @ 2.2

6.0GB Ram

Amd Radeon HD 6490M

(integrated Intel HD Graphics)

• Like 1

^ Do you guys see what I see? Elusive aint it?

(can't help but thanks for searching)

One possiblity could be the render distance. If I remember right, some patch made servers have full control over render distance for some terrible reason; 1600 I think? If ARMA II runs alright, and you've got your view distance set below that, that may be the issue. (My laptop has had the same issue since that particular patch, to the point I can't play the mod any more.)