Sign in to follow this  
Lex (DayZ)

Anyone else found their own...

Anyone else found an area on the map they regard as 'safe' or almost a home. I was just wondering as over the past few days me and my small group have spent a large amount of time in the same area of forest, which we know like the back of our hand if any trouble comes our way.

So, anyone else do this? and perhaps has anyone set up a small community somewhere (other than the dead reddit guys)?

Lex

I just group together with the people in TS and go from where I can, I've learned that all my equipment and myself are entirely replaceable and I have no fear of dieing anymore. (Not to say that I don't want to die, but I understand and take such risk because I know I can gain back my items.)

I have a couple places I'm working on. Not sure which I want to call home yet. I haven't been around the entire map as of yet. But I do have plans on getting a vehicle, tent, etc. To store in one of those places at some point. I won't be inviting anyone to it though. Hehe. MINE ALL MINE!

I love the shit out of the game. I can't wait to see what improvements they come up with regarding safer storage (void from server resets and buggy stuffs) and thing's of that nature. So I feel better leaving thing's that took so long to acquire.

I’ve(we) found a home for tents and vehicles - "just don’t put all your beans in one basket".

Often use the same routes to get back to the area we patrol, so yes we have a home.

There's a place that I want to one day build up, but no place is safe.

Even a map as big as Chernarus has only so many spots to make settlements and the edges of the map aren't cutting it if you want to remain somewhat hidden. I find a settlement almost every time I go into the wilderness on a stable server.

Some castle way inland, I've only seen it once, but it was so off the beaten path that I imagine only a handful of players have seen it.

I think I know the castle you're talking about, it shows up on the map which could be a problem..

We call the NE Airfield our home. I wouldn't exactly call it safe though XD