Silent observer

1.7.1.5 vs 1.7.2

So ive herd that there was a few problems when 1.7.2 came out monday and alot of servers went back to 1.7.1.5. Its not wensay night and im wondering if its safe to update my game to 1.7.2 or leave at 1.7.1.5 for a few more days?

You should stick to 1.7.1.5 till the Official Hotfix (1.7.2.1) releases.

Most of the 1.7.2 Server are Unstable, you may lose your Gear at some points.. :/

"may lose your gear" BULLSHIT.

YOU WILL LOSE YOUR GEAR. If you don't lose it to the fucking multiple-save bugs where you switch between characters on servers and get warped back and forwards between places, use of camo/ghillie or to the FUCKING HORRIBLE de-synchronisation issues and zombies, you'll lose it when some fucking asscunt decides he sees a guy running into the wall, let's kill him and take his shit after everyone is done desyncing. Oh and if those problems weren't bad enough, watch out for zombies, they can see you from 400m away when they aggro on someone else, you bet your ass they're coming for you.

I WISH I hadn't been so naive as to think Rocket and company could release something that wasn't buggier than camping.

Does anyone know how to revert? This 1.7.2 bollocks is killing me (literally) over and over again. I'm almost done with it!

Edited by Steins
  • Like 2

ive been watching streams and monday i did see alot de synch where someone would run for like 45 minutes, the server would crash or the person switched servers and they were back to where they started, but since the server side patch came out, i havnt seen alot of that kind of warping. i still see the de synch icon come up but nothing like it warping back 45 minutes or whatever.

Also i have seen that zombies agro from hella far distances, is that intentical or is it bugged/glitched?

also i knew about the clothes and since ive never found any anyways, that wasnt gonna be a problem lol.

after writing the OP i looked on the server lists and most of them are up to 7.1.2 so i dont know what to do

I have the Ghillie suit bug and i noticed the infected aggro easily even when you're crouch from a long distance but I've not lost any gear yet or any other ingame bugs. If you're new to the mod, you should stick to 1.7.1.5 for the moment.

I seriously dislike 1.7.2 and awaiting a hotfix.

Apparently there was suppose to be a performance increase with this update, but I am lagging bad now in major cities when before in 1.7.1.5 I would at least get 30 FPS, now I am LUCKY to get 30 FPS and when I do it's only for a few seconds then I am lagging bad again. I thought it may have just been that server, but I have tried more then 5 servers and every single one lagged just as bad. (It worked fine in 1.7.1.5.)

With that said including a bunch of other bugs, I'd just stick with 1.7.1.5 for now until a hotfix fixes a majority of these problems.

Edited by Spirit

Hey, new here, after experiencing the bugginess of Dayz the last three days, I didn't actually know all of this was due to the update, I watched several letsplays and lots of tutorials on the whole game, been doing pretty decent really, even though people say other players are normally the threat, I haven't found players to be any problem at all, compared to the zeds.

The zeds seem to be able to spot me far off before im even able to get into a city or area for any chance for loot. This happens horribly before I'm even able to get an axe, the only chance I've been able to have is proning and going at the speed of slow while doing this for about an hour before I'll get to an area that has gear. Normally you have to get up so you can use the stairs, and as soon as you do it your surrounded by zeds again, and they are seemingly impossible to lose unless you; Jump in the water and swim 12 minutes off or zig zag up the hill or get to a building where they'll be as slow as you.

So I'm kind of wanting to see what the older version is like where everything isn't as irritating, how would one go about reversing versions?

YOU WILL LOSE YOUR GEAR. If you don't lose it to the fucking multiple-save bugs where you switch between characters on servers and get warped back and forwards between places, use of camo/ghillie or to the FUCKING HORRIBLE de-synchronisation issues and zombies, you'll lose it when some fucking asscunt decides he sees a guy running into the wall, let's kill him and take his shit after everyone is done desyncing. Oh and if those problems weren't bad enough, watch out for zombies, they can see you from 400m away when they aggro on someone else, you bet your ass they're coming for you.

I WISH I hadn't been so naive as to think Rocket and company could release something that wasn't buggier than camping.

Does anyone know how to revert? This 1.7.2 bollocks is killing me (literally) over and over again. I'm almost done with it!

Welcome to Alpha.

http://cdn.armafiles.info/old/

Im playing 1.7.2 since it was released and i didnt lost a single shit, except of a Ghilie like everyone who had one dressed up. Make sure you dont dress any camo in 1.7.2 or you will loose everything, thats all you have to know, rest is fine.

how many people have actually gotten then preformance boots with the new patch? like im on a lower end PC and i get like 15 FPS...and this patch was suppose to have an increase in preformance...ive herd some yes and some no

Everytime I have some good happen to me in this game today, I've been warped back to a point and shitted upon.

Edited by TheBaldr

To people that has those warps, are you hopping between servers? I had that kind of troubles till i've decided to play always on the same server, since that i've had 0 bugs and 0 glitches (with this patch)

I just started today.

When I started walking across the shore, crouched and watching the envirement, I was looking around and found a town, stopped zoomed in and saw alot of walkers,

Suddenly 2 walkers appeared from nowhere (not litteraly) and started attacking me. I already ran once to the sea, and was able to escape 1 walker and use my bandage. So I couldn't do anything and died.

The spot me from great distances. The first time I entered the game, I saw a house and a walker something like 50meters away from me, suddenly he started running towards me and I had to run into the ocean/whatever it is.

TL;DR - How do I avoid the walkers? They spot me from really long distances while crouching.

1.7.2 BALTSAR SUMS UP THE PATCH (what I encounterd)

- Desynch problem, lag, while playing with other survivors

- Long (I mean really long) loading time

- Zombies spawns too fast

- Alof of hatchet findings (may be fixed by servers)

- You may respawn as a new character or in a debug land

+ Indoor, you are kinda safe from zombies, they are slower and cant hear you much

+ Zombie have a better aggro range now, be careful

+/- Bear traps..where?

Edited by Baltsar
  • Like 1

Sorry but you retarded. This is alpha. Wait for release in couple of years. Bye bye idiot

I'm happy with every update that comes.

The only downside to 1.7.2 so far for me was losing my gear (which i got back after a couple hours of looting).

Not being able to wear a guille suit and the desync issues.

I'm confident all this will be fixed upon the next update.

• Like 1

Can't stress this enough - you can NOT GET ATTACHED TO YOUR EQUIPMENT IN THIS GAME.

Seriously.. how is losing your equipment to a glitch or to a random environment death effectively any different than catching a random sniper bullet to the head?

You can and will die at any random point in this game from any number of hostile entities. You'll get yourself a lot less upset if you just categorize "glitches" as a hostile entity in and of itself. I don't want to just throw out a glib "nyaaaa, this is aaalllphaaa", but... you know. Its not even a beta yet. Getting mad at losing stuff to a bug in an alpha is like getting mad at getting wet in a kayak. Sure, you *usually* stay dry but sometimes you'll get splashed. Or dribbled on by your paddle. Or capsized by a wake. Just kinda goes with the territory. Save the anger for Retail.

Can't stress this enough - you can NOT GET ATTACHED TO YOUR EQUIPMENT IN THIS GAME.

Seriously.. how is losing your equipment to a glitch or to a random environment death effectively any different than catching a random sniper bullet to the head?

You can and will die at any random point in this game from any number of hostile entities. You'll get yourself a lot less upset if you just categorize "glitches" as a hostile entity in and of itself. I don't want to just throw out a glib "nyaaaa, this is aaalllphaaa", but... you know. Its not even a beta yet. Getting mad at losing stuff to a bug in an alpha is like getting mad at getting wet in a kayak. Sure, you *usually* stay dry but sometimes you'll get splashed. Or dribbled on by your paddle. Or capsized by a wake. Just kinda goes with the territory. Save the anger for Retail.

I honestly, don't give a shit. About losing my gear. About dying. I just get back up and play the game. Just like I've been doing for the past 3 weeks. Sure, I may have gotten a little rage-y in my post, however you can chalk that up to the entire fault of the "disconnect to avoid dying" bullshit. I should have rightfully killed a guy who was fully geared up with an AS50 and a ton of other shit, but he disconnected, so I get nothing. Fucking Gay.

Yea, it wasn't this buggy in 1.7.5.1, which was by far a much more stable release.

Sorry but you retarded. This is alpha. Wait for release in couple of years. Bye bye idiot

There was absolutely no need to flame me. I'm not sure if you're just the usual troll, but it sounds more like you're a child with a social proof complex. This game was working fine for me since 1.7.5, there was nothing wrong with the supposed "most broken update" - Rocket, this update is far worse. I understand that Rocket continues to say "things will get worse before they get better" - Rocket, however right now it feels like, the mod was bad, got better, got to a point where it was stable and fun in 1.7.5.1 and then with this it's all just gone to shit.

To me this game is quite literally becoming hard to play, like I physically almost don't want to play, to the point where I think about playing and then I just suddenly don't want to, I play something else or just put it to the back of my mind.

Nothing major so far; no lost gear, no desync.

I usually play one one of three veteran servers depending on which one isn't full. I spent an hour on each tonight and noticed a couple of things that may be considered odd:

Climbed down from a deerstand and noticed a hopper getting a little too close for comfort. He eventually got himself trapped under the deerstand so I head shot him to see how the two others in the vicinity would react. They didn't flinch, BUT another zed spawned right on top of the dead one. Unfortunately for him, he was now trapped and not happy about it. Another head shot, then ANOTHER spawns in his place. BAM. Fish in a barrel! It made me smile!

Found a heli-crash. Didn't really need any gear, but decided to have a closer look and test the waters. There were nine zeds visible and i'm pretty sure there were a few more around that I couldn't see by the moonlight. I have never seen that many at a heli-crash before, but perhaps others have.

As far as detection range, as long as they are not looking in your direction, they are no more sensitive than V1.7.1.5 that I could tell... AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT CROSS THEIR LINE OF SIGHT. You really have to observe their movement and make sure you stay behind or off to the side if you are within, say, 75m of them.

I did find my first GPS, so perhaps it is just my lucky night!

Guys, you do know, that if you bother to use an arma2 launcher, like 'spirited machine', you can install all the versions, in different directories, and swap between them? And you don't need steam to launch the game?

Jusy sayn'..