bchimself

A List of Passworded Servers

Due to the large amount of servers disregarding the DayZ Server Rules, I thought it prudent to post all the servers I found today that were locked with passwords. To review, here are the DayZ server rules:

You may not password the server at any time.

No excess keys or mods.

You may not kick players to make room for friends or clan mates.

You must keep the server name format that will be pre-set in your server config.

We strongly advise against modifying any ArmA 2 files if you don't know what you are doing. You could end up being blacklisted from hosting DayZ.

Try your best to warn players if you need to restart the server.

Last of all, please respect all players.

Failure to adhere to these rules will cause your server being banned from hosting DayZ without hesitation by the DayZ Mod Team.

Here is a list of all the servers I found passworded today. I have screenshots of every one of these, but it's too many to attach to one post. If you require these screenshots, I can provide them one by one in the thread or I can provide a .rar file packed with all the shots. Let me know.

CZ01 {Prague,EU-DW}

DE-FUN#2 [Helis|Cars]

UK02 (EU-DW)

UK107

US 220

DE 199

US 215

US 175

DE 165

UA 2

US155

SE7

DE 197

US 414 Chicago

US CA, San Jose #13

NL 16

Edited by bchimeslf
  • Like 1

How long do you observe the locked servers, to rule out any "false positives" so to speak? For example, the servers I frequent restart every 6 or 12 hours on the dot, and they lock the servers just prior to server shut-down, presumably to avoid unnecessary complications relating to players, and unlock it when the server has restarted and is up and running again. Usually they are locked about 3-5 minutes, a few minutes before restart and a minute or so just after the restart. During patching the servers can be locked/down for a bit longer, I think the longest time I've personally experienced was around 10 minutes. Surely that can not be considered malicious behaviour.

Nice. Another police man.

• Like 1

US 220 seems to switch from ARMA to Dayz alot http://arma2.swec.se/server/data/258835

US 215 doesn't appear locked with all the players in it http://arma2.swec.se/server/data/257753

US 155 is playing and not locked http://arma2.swec.se/server/data/236514

I'm sure there's a ton more and I'm not going though all of them.

A snapshot look at a moment in time tells you nothing, try doing a bit of research and looking at the history if you are going to paly Wyatt Erp the DayZ Marshall.

Really? Wouldn't you rather be playing?

also what happened to all the threats of removing / blacklisting servers for not having the correct names and settings including passworded servers?

Please also remember, Some of us use Throttling, What that does is we set for example Throttling to 3 players, That means that if 3 players join the lobby, The server will lock itself until they are actually playing, This reduces server stress considerably. Once those 3 are playing it unlocks and people can join again, If its a busy night, then it may appear locked for a long time, but in reality its just saving itself and reducing server load, hence preventing crashes, and item loss as much as possible.

Please also remember, Some of us use Throttling, What that does is we set for example Throttling to 3 players, That means that if 3 players join the lobby, The server will lock itself until they are actually playing, This reduces server stress considerably. Once those 3 are playing it unlocks and people can join again, If its a busy night, then it may appear locked for a long time, but in reality its just saving itself and reducing server load, hence preventing crashes, and item loss as much as possible.

No offense but what's the point of "throttling" your server when it should be able to support the minimum of 40 players while running? Assuming you're running the server 24/7.

Because too many connections at the same time, specialy when the server just restarted and the mission has to load, will cause the server to desync, increase hive load times, crash the whole server, etc.

Because too many connections at the same time, specialy when the server just restarted and the mission has to load, will cause the server to desync, increase hive load times, crash the whole server, etc.

Never have those issues with mine when restarting and filling. Sorry didn't know that was a problem.

Anyone know the deal with US220? I have a tent saved on it... and now its been locked ever since. Is it doing a update or something? Or am i going to have to forget about my tent.

whos the owner of US 220 i would like to join it and play with my brother on it but idk how to get the password to it

Please do not resurrect threads that are this old for such an insignificant reason.