• Zombie sight needs a boost, hearing a nerf
    • Zombie hearing needs a boost, sight a nerf
  2. 2. Zombie speed

• Zombie speed is fine
    • Zombie speed needs to be higher
    • Zombies need to be slower, but faster than the player
    • Zombies need to be slower, as fast as the player
    • Zombies need to be slower, slower than the player
  3. 3. Other stuff (tick everything you like)

• Mixed Zombie Speeds
    • Zombies in the woods
    • General more Zombies
    • Zombies are totally fine
    • Zombies zig-zag too much
    • Zombies need to make people sick (virus likewise)
    • Zombies stumbling and getting irritated by objects/trees in their path
    • Zombies generally need to be easier
    • Zombies generally need to be harder
    • Zombies are bugged as hell
    • Zombies need to be tougher (more HP)

Zombies in general need to move in-between the speed of the "monkey" and the "runner". However, they also need to be stronger. Like a 1911 takes 3 hits to kill a zombie instead of one, and it takes 5 on the limbs.

A good start to making zombies trip and stumble is to shoot them in the limbs, a la "Dead Space". Making them slower if you shoot them in the legs or making thier attacks do less damage if you shoot them in the arms would add for interesting gameplay.

Zombies should also investigate more than just instatly run. If they see a player within an 12 meter radius, then they should instantly run towards the player. Anywhere more than 12 meter, zombies should slowly shamble towards the source of the noise, and investigate nearby buildings.

L0GIN knows what I'm talkin' 'bout.

If I'm not wrong here I managed to do the zombie leg thing once? I'm not sure it's been a week or so when that happened. Or maybe it was a glitch.

I agree 100% on the investigate instead of running thing. You'd need to start calculating quickly for a way out as they all start to shamble towards you lol. Now you can't just run through them like before, so it is going towards a good direction.

MadMartha; I think there was a post by Rocket (or someone else from the devteam) where they mentioned that due ArmA engine limitations, they can't run inside. Don't know why. But I agree that they could be a bit quicker indoors, but not full speed. Right now, when the zombies are on the fullspeed-kenyan-turbo-drive-mode, they're a little tricky to shoot. Warping and teleporting and zigzaggin'... you know?

Change the way they move, without any zig-zagg involved, and i'll be a happy man.

THANKS! ;)

+1

only thing that i dont like atm is the fact that the senses seem bugged sometimes. plus spawning seems bugged, there are too many of em spawning from nowhere... so yes they are bugged. i would like the way they are now, but without the bugs^^

This is just my humble opinion, but I really don't like these marathon runner zombies. I think it works for games like Left 4 Dead where the pace is much faster. And that's fine. There's nothing wrong with that.

This fellow sums it up in this video very well:

I really think the game would benefit from a significantly higher zombie population in the cities, towns, and airports as well as a few lonesome wanderers in the forests. I would much rather see a large number of slow, lumbering, limping, mindless cravers of flesh that start to come out of the woodwork when you fire a shot or start the engine of a car and lots of them. 50-100 of them, in fact. I would also like to see them be quite difficult to kill. Making them require a precise headshot to take them down. This includes an aimed hit to the head with melee weapons.

This is just my humble opinion, but I really don't like these marathon runner zombies. I think it works for games like Left 4 Dead where the pace is much faster. And that's fine. There's nothing wrong with that.

This fellow sums it up in this video very well:

I really think the game would benefit from a significantly higher zombie population in the cities, towns, and airports as well as a few lonesome wanderers in the forests. I would much rather see a large number of slow, lumbering, limping, mindless cravers of flesh that start to come out of the woodwork when you fire a shot or start the engine of a car and lots of them. 50-100 of them, in fact. I would also like to see them be quite difficult to kill. Making them require a precise headshot to take them down. This includes an aimed hit to the head with melee weapons.

This has been said a million times before, but the game cannot support such amounts of zombies. That is why rocket chose the model of "the infected". Plus he thinks it's scarier and cooler, so...we will probably see some variation in speeds, but let's see where he takes the zombie model. When he starts making the first changes we will have a better idea, let's wait and see and make conclusions/improvement suggestions when he actually gets to that point in the dev process :)

This has been said a million times before, but the game cannot support such amounts of zombies. That is why rocket chose the model of "the infected". Plus he thinks it's scarier and cooler, so...we will probably see some variation in speeds, but let's see where he takes the zombie model. When he starts making the first changes we will have a better idea, let's wait and see and make conclusions/improvement suggestions when he actually gets to that point in the dev process :)

Okay, maybe not 50-100, but at least have them move slower and require headshots to kill. I guess my problem with the mod thus far is having to crawl around on the ground everywhere. I don't mind crouch-walking and sneaking and playing with stealth, but having to crawl around everywhere is very time-consuming.

Again, the 'stresstest' 1.7.2.1 that was conducted (for me yesterday, not sure if it stopped) tested zombies in their 1000s so don't loose hope yet, i think there is room for diversity, both do a great job the other can't and both have a place in the game. Just as long as there are no super super zombies, like big scary beasts that defy any 'believability' in regards to an infected situation, i'dd be all for it :)

Zombies in my opinion should only be a hassle in groups and be problematic for the unwary. if you dead sprint through a town you should not have much trouble if you ran around zombies. Zombies are either A. dead, and therefore should not be able to run faster then a normal fit human that has been surviving. B. Alive, and mind is changed by infection, in which case they will run faster, but have less coordination making them prone to tripping, and even if they don't trip they will eventually damage their muscles causing them to eventually just fall over.

in my opinion they should be dead, i dislike the idea of "infected" like the rage virus. would be nice if they possibly aloud the servers to select 1 of different choices that balanced them, like a slow zombie setting, the zombies are immune to most damage except for head-shots. fast zombies would go down easily. the main problem i have with the "infected" is it makes using melee weapons near impossible. they would simply jump onto you and bite your ear off, and could take several shots before eventually just dieing.

the idea of a zombie is basically a monster that represents chaos or our animal instincts, and in a story point of view they are supposed to be defeated with calmness, and planning. you can see this in World War Z and other things where, the survivors use careful planning in defeating zombies.

With infected, you instead see people simply having to run for their lives, and the militaries of say GB or America, Quarantine themselves and let the zombies starve. i also don't see how infected could survive more then a month, we are relatively weak creatures and would fail at attempting to eat most wild life. eventually just eating each other as their starved corpses start to liter the street.

more zombies but not as fast, the idea should be that its really difficult to get to the loot not that you have to run 20km to escape the zombies afterwards

This should be Pinned. Think this SlowVsFast Zombies is a often discussed thing. Would be nice to have an overview with as many players as possible about this. Also u could expand the

poll so it's all wrapped up in one thread.

There have been a lot of PVP issues, and the Zombies could be used to bring people together.

Basically put them in such situation where eachother's aid is needed.

Besides when/if people start forming groups and holding out in some kind of hideout and the zombies are able to take appart their defences, shifts will be necessary to keep the base in check.

for that sort of Zombie movie scenario yeah, i really think that slow zombies are better.

As for now I really hate the zombie movement, when they see you they just:

-Run away from you

-make a circle

-Run back at you zig-zagging on the way

-somehow end up behind you

-annoy you to hell

This should be Pinned. Think this SlowVsFast Zombies is a often discussed thing. Would be nice to have an overview with as many players as possible about this. Also u could expand the

poll so it's all wrapped up in one thread.

I agree this needs to be pinned but with more options.

You forgot an option "they need to be tougher".

I want more zombies that take more bullets to kill but aren't faster than the player. The sight needs to be slightly nerfed but I think that's been taken care of.

As for now I really hate the zombie movement, when they see you they just:

-Run away from you

-make a circle

-Run back at you zig-zagging on the way

-somehow end up behind you

-annoy you to hell

this

this

THIS

And also the throwing system. What were they thinking? I know this is part my fault, but trying to run a way, turn around to shoot, then you press mouse one... oh crap I forgot the throw/flare/chemlight/grenade mode on. Shit shit shit now I'm dead.

Edited by Private Poptarts

Senses are fine in my opinion.

Speed wise... only as fast as a player that is sprinting.

Less Zig-zagging please...

Voted.

Infected need to be more of a challenge for well equpped characters.

1) Make them unpredictable, have them out hunting for food in hordes for example.

2) Tougher to take down and kill..headshot only, otherwise you just slow them.

i want that stickied pls! we need to get more votes!

I would love to see The Walking Dead zombie style in this game - slow walking, but you can kill them only shooting/smashing their head (or shooting in the corspe like 30 times).

And they should spawn only near the buildings, but 'migrate' randomly anywhere on the map. This is kinda annoying that you are 100% safe from zombies in the woods.

Edited by Dizzaster

I agree this needs to be pinned but with more options.

i can make a poll with max 3 questions, every question with 20 answers, so this is the best i could come up with

maybe do multiple parts? where you ask different questions?

Main thing I would add , is :

I would like Zombies to move as fast *INSIDE* buildings as they do outside.

ATM current "Zombie Protocol" is :

(1) Aggro as many as you like

(2) Run inside any (large) building (to avoid attacking through walls bug)

(3) Turn around and shoot them one at a time as they slowly shamble through the door

(4) rinse & repeat untill ammo low

(5) find more ammo

(6) goto (1)

[MM]

The thing is that now that you don't start with a pistol anymore so this isn't a viable option for many people.