PotatoChip

Global ban (NOT AN APPEAL) or complaint

so much help for a guy that has been using hacks?

why dont you encourage it more

I can see your logic here those that get banned will either come back and put more time into the hacks so they never get caught or play legit either way someone is making money off the new copies so they don't care about what the consumers do all they care about is the money not a video game and who cheats on it.

Many companies would consider this avoiding a ban and would ban your new account if they found out:) Just sayin'

Global ban for hacking, without a doubt, Guy just told him or to get around the Global ban, you should be root banned, just saying.

are you retarded?

Don't know why you guys are giving this guy so much sthick

He knows he has been banned, probably for hacking and has accepted that.

But is It really a crime to want to start over?

He has repurchased the game under a new steam account so he is currently on a clean slate as far as I am concerned, if He were to be banned AGAIN for his past actions and not any repeat offences then he would have a legal right to claim against the ban or take legal action because of a technicality under the description in the TOS; The ACCOUNT/CD KEY would have been blacklisted/banned. NOT the system or the person using it.

Many companies would consider this avoiding a ban and would ban your new account if they found out:) Just sayin'

Completely incorrect.

There is nothing wrong with purchasing a new CD Key/Copy of the game

Edited by DesertRose

I made a new steam account and purchased Arma II OA again to play and when i loaded up through steam (new cd key) it still said global ban when i tried to join any server.

Okay, since Legacy and Vipeax are on board with this thread, here we go...

First, uninstall whatever caused you to be banned the first time. Seriously. Get rid of it all, you don't need it and we don't need it :)

Delete the arma OA registry entries and you will be able to register your new key upon launching the game through Steam.

Suspenselol is correct, give him some beans.

I'm assuming you're on Win7 64bit or Vista 64bit. Two options to clean up before using your new copy.

1) Use the freeware Revo Uninstaller to uninstall ARMA 2 OA and clean out your registry of all Bohemia Interactive registry entries.

OR

2) Open regedit, and manually delete the following folders from your Windows registry:

• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive
  • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio

Right-click Steam and "Run as Admin". Log into your original dirty account, and install ARMA 2. Launch it once to perform first-time setup and write your original ARMA 2 keys to registry. Exit ARMA 2, exit Steam.

Now right-click Steam and "Run as Admin" again, this time logging into your new clean account. Install ARMA 2 OA from scratch and launch it one time to do the initial setup and write your new OA keys to the registry. Exit ARMA, exit Steam.

Your keys should now be written and you can launch ARMA/DayZ from either Steam account, Six Launcher, or DayZ commander. It doesn't care where your ARMA executable comes from or which steam account is logged in, all Battleye cares about are those registry keys.

You'll find more info on cleaning out registry here and in all good forum searches, use the methods for playing with multiple DayZ accounts. I haven't personally done any of this but it seems to work just fine for other people.

Please try real hard not to be one of the 90% of hackers who go back to cheating, I wasted more than several minutes writing this up for you. Thanks!

Edited by tomfin
  • Like 4

Can someone explain to me how someone can be Perm Banned, because I don't see how it is possible, thx.

Can someone explain to me how someone can be Perm Banned, because I don't see how it is possible, thx.

If battleye cates you breaking the TOS. If you read the battleye main page or read while installing It'll explain there. Pretty much if you are found hacking or running scripts and the what not you'll get hit or something. From my understanding if the log catches you, it's reviewed and if deemed fit your cdkey will become invalid. . . as agreed upon installation. Make no mistake though if battleye catches you and you get a ban you earned it. They will not tell you how they found you or the way the program works. here's a link: http://www.battleye.com/support.html

Apparently battleye is working on a way to find the scripts being run . . huge purge coming. . . lots of people about to feel the hammer's blow. . .

Edited by schalart

If battleye cates you breaking the TOS. If you read the battleye main page or read while installing It'll explain there. Pretty much if you are found hacking or running scripts and the what not you'll get hit or something. From my understanding if the log catches you, it's reviewed and if deemed fit your cdkey will become invalid. . . as agreed upon installation. Make no mistake though if battleye catches you and you get a ban you earned it. They will not tell you how they found you or the way the program works. here's a link: http://www.battleye.com/support.html

Apparently battleye is working on a way to find the scripts being run . . huge purge coming. . . lots of people about to feel the hammer's blow. . .

Sorry, I was referring to banning "for life". I do not see how that is possible, I can change my ip as many times as I need to. That is why I don't see how it's possible.

Correct unless the CD-key was attached to DNA or finger prints there is no way to permanently ban someone

if you get banned or got banned dont rebuy ur wasting money. Uninstall the game get CCleaner and clear your registry then redownload (try to put the game on an external hard drive to make it faster to redownload) and then you can play.

Hey guys ( My in game name is Andy ) and just bought the game i played it for a couple of days and i didnt hack or find a hack gun box. i was just on the server and i found a helecopter and i flew it and landed and wanted a glass of water and came back POOF. I was banned. SOMEONE HELP and if you cant is there a way to get a refund (i doubt but just trying) HELP :(

If he gets banned, learns his lesson and pays again to play the game without hacks this time then good on him.

If he comes back and hacks again, he deserves a real life punch in the dick,

Coffee. Out my nose. All over keyboard and screen.

You, sir, have my beans.

(Oh and sorry for the dbl, triple, quad posts. It always does it on a single mouse click.)

If he gets banned, learns his lesson and pays again to play the game without hacks this time then good on him.

If he comes back and hacks again, he deserves a real life punch in the dick,

Coffee. Out my nose. All over keyboard and screen.

You, sir, have my beans.

(Oh and sorry for the dbl, triple, quad posts. It always does it on a single mouse click.)

Hey guys ( My in game name is Andy ) and just bought the game i played it for a couple of days and i didnt hack or find a hack gun box. i was just on the server and i found a helecopter and i flew it and landed and wanted a glass of water and came back POOF. I was banned. SOMEONE HELP and if you cant is there a way to get a refund (i doubt but just trying) HELP :(

Hello there

Prob worth starting a new thread if it's not a global ban, if it is global check the stickies in the ban appeals area.

Not good form to hijack a thread :)

Now, in regards to OP, we may not approve of his actions and indeed some skepticism is required, but while the mods don't mind, I personally wouldn't assist him in getting back on line, especially here in the forums.

Can he/she not google? Not capable of finding things out for themselves? I find it a bit rich to ask in the community forum of the game they scripted in.

No particular malice, but this just all feels a little "off" to me.

Rgds

LoK

The funny thing is ... you don't have to go to all that trouble to run a perfectly different/new, good CD Key.

I run multiple Steam accounts, multiple GUIDs, and multiple characters in game. You just have to Google how to set that up (Hint: easiest way is to use Six Updater.)

With the caveat(s) that I don't cheat and I haven't been globally banned before ... so hell, I could be full of shit for all I know.

The funny thing is ... you don't have to go to all that trouble to run a perfectly different/new, good CD Key.

I run multiple Steam accounts, multiple GUIDs, and multiple characters in game. You just have to Google how to set that up (Hint: easiest way is to use Six Updater.)

With the caveat(s) that I don't cheat and I haven't been globally banned before ... so hell, I could be full of shit for all I know.

The Global ID Ban would still be in place if the guy above did not get around it already, he could google it yes, but instead he came to the Game's forums to ask how to get around a Global ban, for hacking the game on there forums, i do not detect brilliant logic.

Who said he was hacking the game? Ok it was most likely that but he never said it... get your facts right please before you try to flame someones brilliant "logic"

Agreed...you guys are being jerks to the guy. He got caught hacking and bought a new copy so he could keep playing. There is NOTHING wrong with that.

A parable for you:

"Hello, I like to hack in DayZ. My favorite thing to do is get on a full server and kill everybody there, then move on to the next one. I usually can kill about 1,000 people a night.I get global banned a lot as expected, but this is my hobby so its not a big deal to spend $20 for a key when they catch up to me. I even got kyes on sale once for $10 and I bought 15 to stock up. I've used all those keys already so now I try to kill at least 1500 people a night to get my moneys worth. I have a problem now, my previous method of removing the old key and GUID isn't working anymore. I've done this at least 25 times before so I don't know whats wrong. Can you guys help me?"

• Like 1

Execpt that, you know, he can come back and hack some more... Seriously. You people are just stupid to think someone who was globally banned isn't going to come back and not cause havok. I have done admin work before. If we were to ban someone, and they tried to come back with a different IP, we would just make sure they never come back. I bet you guys are the people who get stabbed in the back for trusting everyone you see, too.

That's an extremely stupid move from a business perspective.