PotatoChip

Global ban (NOT AN APPEAL) or complaint

pretty much i've contacted support, steam support, and battleye. I've been looking around the forums and haven't seen this anywhere so here. So i got global banned on my first copy of Arma II OA playing DayZ. I knew there was nothing to stop this or get unbanned and as fun as this game is, i wanted to still play. I made a new steam account and purchased Arma II OA again to play and when i loaded up through steam (new cd key) it still said global ban when i tried to join any server. I contacted battleye because i read the post at the top and it said don't post about global bans, but this is more of a bug, so I think. Anyways, hope to get some replies and hope I can play DayZ sometime in the future.

Edited by PotatoChip

So, you're trying to get around a ban, and you're upset because it's not working out for you? What?

• Like 3

Delete the arma OA registry entries and you will be able to register your new key upon launching the game through Steam.

Run your new copy and load the game through the exe not the one on your desktop and never run through steam try that sixloader

• Like 1

@Sandwhichx I am not trying to get around a ban, i purchased a new copy of the game on a new steam, and @Suspenselol Thanks

@Sandwhichx I am not trying to get around a ban, i purchased a new copy of the game on a new steam

You were banned. You trying to find a way to play anyway. I would say that is trying to get around a ban.

• Like 3

Global ban for hacking, without a doubt, Guy just told him or to get around the Global ban, you should be root banned, just saying.

They won't do that They want you to hack so you get caught and pay them 30$ more to get another copy.

• Like 2

The Global ID Ban would still be in place if the guy above did not get around it already, he could google it yes, but instead he came to the Game's forums to ask how to get around a Global ban, for hacking the game on there forums, i do not detect brilliant logic.

• Like 3

The Global ID Ban would still be in place if the guy above did not get around it already, he could google it yes, but instead he came to the Game's forums to ask how to get around a Global ban, for hacking the game on there forums, i do not detect brilliant logic.

I don't see a problem since the Moderators don't care about this section of the Forum anyway as you can see he's not banned from the site yet.

Edited by Gaidoon

We don't ban players for posting global ban appeals. I seen some developers do that sometimes, but not us.

Edit: Keeping thread open, seems legitimate bug.

Edited by Legacy

He obviously did something to get banned, and he paid the price. Everyone stop bashing because he's most likely learned his mistake that time.

Anyways, did you completely erase the install? Just searching around for similar issues suggests that completely nuking the install, and removing any leftover registry keys afterwards, then re-installing the game should work. The only other thing I can think of is to get another installer, for example amazon's installer, using that to install the game, and then provide the new CD key from Steam.

If he gets banned, learns his lesson and pays again to play the game without hacks this time then good on him.

If he comes back and hacks again, he deserves a real life punch in the dick,

• Like 1

I would say he deserves a punch in the vag anyway for hacking and ruining everyone's fun.

• Like 1

Do me a favor and check your player ID in the ARMA2 menu. By that we can see if you have played before on that key or not, if yes: your new key isn't being used. If not, the new key should be activated and you should be able to play. It's a good thing to start having a look at.

So, you're trying to get around a ban, and you're upset because it's not working out for you? What?

thats basicully what he is telling us.

Also make sure that you dont have cheat engine or whatever you where using running, no idea if BE only scans memmory but remove from harddrive just in case. I can only assume that will will fry your new key real fast

You were banned. You trying to find a way to play anyway. I would say that is trying to get around a ban.

He was global banned, NOT LIFETIME BANNED!!

Nothing wrong with buying a new key! Get off your high horse FFS!

Edited by BossFi
  • Like 4

Agreed...you guys are being jerks to the guy. He got caught hacking and bought a new copy so he could keep playing. There is NOTHING wrong with that.

Agreed...you guys are being jerks to the guy. He got caught hacking and bought a new copy so he could keep playing. There is NOTHING wrong with that.

Execpt that, you know, he can come back and hack some more... Seriously. You people are just stupid to think someone who was globally banned isn't going to come back and not cause havok. I have done admin work before. If we were to ban someone, and they tried to come back with a different IP, we would just make sure they never come back. I bet you guys are the people who get stabbed in the back for trusting everyone you see, too.

Execpt that, you know, he can come back and hack some more... Seriously. You people are just stupid to think someone who was globally banned isn't going to come back and not cause havok. I have done admin work before. If we were to ban someone, and they tried to come back with a different IP, we would just make sure they never come back. I bet you guys are the people who get stabbed in the back for trusting everyone you see, too.

Yes...I am sure every hacker that is banned goes and pays another 30 bucks just so they can come back and hack some more and get banned again.

Edited by Vertisce
  • Like 1

Activision and Blizzard have their strategies on getting money, but at least they give you 2nd chances...

Its black, crispy and attached to a wire, what is it.

A bad electrician !

Brownie points for those who get it.