LumberBack

sandbox=douchbags?

Why is it that once people hear the word sandbox gaming, that they think that is ok to act like a complete idiot? Or when its so obvious that a game is not supossed to be full out PVP game, yet they go spawnkilling everything they see?

It just boggles my mind... :)

Because when normal people have an audiance, are almost completly anomynous and are presented with no consequences for their actions they tend to often become total fuckwads.

• Like 6

Because when normal people have an audiance, are almost completly anomynous and are presented with no consequences for their actions they tend to often become total fuckwads.

Yea, that pretty much sums it up.

I agree with the fact they shouldn't be spawn killing people, but this is a survival game, and a lot of the players think that it is much easier to kill on sight then it is to type "Friendly" and try to befriend the person. There will always be more bandits then there are survivors.

Even when you do befriend a person who just spawned on the beach, chances are when they find a gun they will end up popping you in the head.

A lot of people like to bring misfortune to others. Many online sandboxes give players that ability. That is fun for them. Reading threads like this, a result of their actions, is fun for them.

For me, fun is establishing a base/camp/town to operate out of and establish a safe area for travelers. In it's current state, I can't really do that, but I like the game enough to play it anyway.

Am I supernormal then? I mean, it has to be something else...

Because the world is rotten alredy, like Izithel said, having no way of being recognized even when acting like a complete jackass and so having no possible repercursions for your actions makes people act like retards.

Oh, gee. Another thread from Lumber. Let me click on it and see if he's insulting people for not playing the game the same way he does.

click

Wow! Total shocker. Another brilliant treatise on the state of PvP in DayZ and how everyone who chooses to play the game in a way contrary to his personal subjective opinion on the matter must needs be an "asshole" or a "douchebag" or whatever today's insult happens to be.

Another productive contribution to the forums, Lumber. Bravo.

Man, you've got 200+ posts on this forum, and you STILL sound like a fresly spawned newbie who would have been gang-raped for the first time.

People in a real zombie apocalypse would not hesitate shooting you. Hell, most people would go totally crazy, become paranoid and would not trust anyone.

This is the atmosphere I like in that game, and even if I'm a regular survivor who often tries to offer help/meds/support to other players, I also thanks all the bandits and psychos out there who are making every step in the world of chernarus a fuckin moment of terror.

cu ingame.

Edited by Bat

Oh, gee. Another thread from Lumber. Let me click on it and see if he's insulting people for not playing the game the same way he does.

click

Wow! Total shocker. Another brilliant treatise on the state of PvP in DayZ and how everyone who chooses to play the game in a way contrary to his personal subjective opinion on the matter must needs be an "asshole" or a "douchebag" or whatever today's insult happens to be.

Another productive contribution to the forums, Lumber. Bravo.

are you stalking me or something, i saw you name popping up in the se3 server today... :D

Just to give it a little more tought process here, i don't mean that people who kill others are jackasses, no, i'm fine with that, if it wasn't for then the game wouldn't be risky. What i mean is the person who goes trough the trouble of adding you on steam/skype/msn, whatever, and they betrays you while insulting you in the process. I've never had that happen to me, but i heard stories of how it happened, and i have to say that's quite sad...

Just to give it a little more tought process here, i don't mean that people who kill others are jackasses, no, i'm fine with that, if it wasn't for then the game wouldn't be risky. What i mean is the person who goes trough the trouble of adding you on steam/skype/msn, whatever, and they betrays you while insulting you in the process. I've never had that happen to me, but i heard stories of how it happened, and i have to say that's quite sad...

Oh i would say people that go into this game with the soul purpose to just kill are just that... i mean its a "survival" game... :D

Another thread complaining about the things that make this game good lol.

Without a bunch of people making your life difficult this game wouldn't be fun at all lumberjacks are supposed to be tough?

Also people go spend $20 on a mike so you don't have to try and type friendly into your keyboard a complete waste of time. Also when you notice someone don't run out into the open and call out friendly like a noob, retreat into a building and say friendly from in there through a window or something.

In real life if I see joe blow running down the street with an ak I wouldn't be running over and be going friendly friendly friendly?

Also my roommate and I took one of our vehicles to cherno/elektro and the coast and all that a few people shot at us no doubt. But we picked up 8 different friendly people and had good times with them all. We did axe murder one of them after his friend crashed a tractor and died though. But he was even laughing as we axed him lol.

The player interaction and sandbox of this game is what makes it so much fun. When people complain about the core aspects of the game they clearly don't know how to play.

and once again people fail to see the big picture... Im fine with "bandits", its people that do nothing more then spawnkill, or just go into the game to destroy peoples experience, its just as bad, if not worse then hackers...

and once again people fail to see the big picture... Im fine with "bandits", its people that do nothing more then spawnkill, or just go into the game to destroy peoples experience, its just as bad, if not worse then hackers...

Not to mention, it has nothing to do with survival in this case, and would be really hard to see happening in a situation like that (the person would have to be a phycopath to do such a thing, but even then he would take advantage of his kill) i've seen people rack up kills and brag about it... like it really matters, tough there's not much we can do to stop it.

I've never seen these mythical spawn killers lol. Maybe if you would cut down on your amount of spawns in a day you'd probably cut down on how many times your spawn killed. Also I classify bandits as someone who kills anyone they see, even if they don't need to. I call a survivor a person who kills to survive. If a person is killing to grief you or just make your life miserable that IS a bandit.

EDIT: Just checked your profile you have 4 other threads that are related to this "Banditry" give it a break man this game obviously isn't for you

Edited by Aitloian

I've never seen these mythical spawn killers lol. Maybe if you would cut down on your amount of spawns in a day you'd probably cut down on how many times your spawn killed. Also I classify bandits as someone who kills anyone they see, even if they don't need to. I call a survivor a person who kills to survive. If a person is killing to grief you or just make your life miserable that IS a bandit.

almost died today, was down to 300 blood but luckily had 3 cooked meats with me, and could bandage and use some morphine to see yet another day, think im 2 weeks on this character now, was only a plus that i got a m249 in the process... this is what makes the game good to me, the thrill of staying alive... but then there are the people that play shooters where you respawn 200 times per game, that coold give a shyt...

That you'd actually compare people playing within the acceptable framework of the game to hackers, and somehow call hackers the lesser problem(even though they are doing everything bandits are doing and hacking on top of it) pretty much says everything we need to know about you. You clearly do not think in any rational way. You cannot handle being killed and you want somebody to fix it for you, instead of you simply playing more intelligently.

I can see why somebody else mocked you for creating another thread. Apparently this is your style, so to speak? In the future, I think it's safe to say most people, even those who despise bandits, should ignore just about anything you say.

almost died today, was down to 300 blood but luckily had 3 cooked meats with me, and could bandage and use some morphine to see yet another day, think im 2 weeks on this character now, was only a plus that i got a m249 in the process... this is what makes the game good to me, the thrill of staying alive... but then there are the people that play shooters where you respawn 200 times per game, that coold give a shyt...

And here you are, insisting on understanding the motivations of every player that has killed you. Oh, someone just shot you. Must be a CoD kiddie! Honestly, the way people act in regards to player killing is ridiculous. It's a part of the game and it always will be. Every post I see like yours actually makes me want to go find a hill on the coast and simply murder everyone who doesn't have a weapon just on the remote possibility one of these people might be you.

Edited by Valec

well I mean look at minecraft or gmod, a lot of griefing happens but the difference with dayz is that it is part of the experience.

That you'd actually compare people playing within the acceptable framework of the game to hackers, and somehow call hackers the lesser problem(even though they are doing everything bandits are doing and hacking on top of it) pretty much says everything we need to know about you. You clearly do not think in any rational way. You cannot handle being killed and you want somebody to fix it for you, instead of you simply playing more intelligently.

I can see why somebody else mocked you for creating another thread. Apparently this is your style, so to speak? In the future, I think it's safe to say most people, even those who despise bandits, should ignore just about anything you say.

And here you are, insisting on understanding the motivations of every player that has killed you. Oh, someone just shot you. Must be a CoD kiddie! Honestly, the way people act in regards to player killing is ridiculous. It's a part of the game and it always will be. Every post I see like yours actually makes me want to go find a hill on the coast and simply murder everyone who doesn't have a weapon just on the remote possibility one of these people might be you.

lol you dont have to do that, people are allready doing it...

OP crying about getting spawnkilled.

I'm going to go spawnkill.

Seriously, all you have are a flashlight, bandage, and painkiller. Are you really going to cry about losing that?

Man, you've got 200+ posts on this forum, and you STILL sound like a fresly spawned newbie who would have been gang-raped for the first time.

People in a real zombie apocalypse would not hesitate shooting you. Hell, most people would go totally crazy, become paranoid and would not trust anyone.

This is the atmosphere I like in that game, and even if I'm a regular survivor who often tries to offer help/meds/support to other players, I also thanks all the bandits and psychos out there who are making every step in the world of chernarus a fuckin moment of terror.

cu ingame.

How can you put "real" and "zombie apocalypse" together in the same sentence?

That being said, i can't see how you can predict how people would act in an impossible situation, unless you watched too many Resident Evil movies and you started to believe.

Like someone pointed out before, being able to do everything you want without any consequences makes people act like jerks, in every single game.

But hey, i still like the game, but i would like to see something changed around this topic, yes.

Edited by Fenrig

lol you dont have to do that, people are allready doing it...

I find it all pretty funny, personally. I rarely get killed by other players, though thats usually the cause of my death when I do die. Random shot from who knows where and i'm dead. It was also my own fault that it happened. I did something stupid and it resulted in my and my friend's death. This means I didn't see the shooter, or else i'd have shot him already, because we know what happens when you don't. Don't we? By now? Seriously?

If you behave like zombies are the only threat then you will die to other threats(players). If you respect the fact that there are players out there and that they will kill you, you'll live much longer. Don't run across the NW Airfield(I don't care how many people are on the server unless it's just you). Don't go through Cherno/Elektro and expect to be safe. These are activities you should only consider if you have nothing to lose. The reason for this is the odds of you dying attempting them are VERY high. In cherno/elektro, you'll get makaroved/winchestered/doublebarreled. In the airfield, you'll get sniped by a high end military sniper.

Again, these things are entirely avoidable. If anything, you have to go out of your way to experience them. There are just so many other places you can go, but for some reason, people gravitate to these places and then complain when somebody else shoots them. If you don't want to risk dying, don't go to these places. If you aren't going to play smart, don't go to these places.

The only real problem this game has is people being afraid to die in a video game. Even though it's quite clear that death is a fact of DayZ. It will happen to everybody at some point, no matter how good or bad their gear is. Don't get attached to your equipment. Don't play stupidly. Then you'll start having fun.

That being said, i can't see how you can predict how people would act in an impossible situation, unless you watched too many Resident Evil movies and you started to believe.

Like someone pointed out before, being able to do everything you want without any consequences makes people act like jerks, in every single game.

But hey, i still like the game, but i would like to see something changed around this topic, yes.

However this is due to online gaming and how you don't know the person you are being a dick to, cause we all know how that would play out if we knew each other personally and seen each other on a daily basis.

well its pretty much a given for changes to come, if this wants to be a survival game, question is just when...