memphisbelle

DayZ Wiki and allowed weapons / equipment

Hey Guys,

I´ve started this thread because there´s so much fear about getting banned for looting some stuff that is not allowed, I hope that this will provide some clearness now.

I also would like to ask a Dev team member to check this ressource for it´s accuracy

These weapons are allowed

This Equipment is allowed

DayZ Wiki

Hi MemphisBelle, I won't ask if you are working on...

On topic, there seems to be some confusion over the different grenades availablel.

In the suggestionion thread I mentioned that "frags" would be an interesting addition.

Someone said that he had already found some. This may be so but I have yet to find or see a 'frag' grenade.

Smokes of different colors are in I know.

Keep up the good work, Thanks.

Hi MemphisBelle' date=' I won't ask if you are working on...

On topic, there seems to be some confusion over the different grenades availablel.

In the suggestionion thread I mentioned that "frags" would be an interesting addition.

Someone said that he had already found some. This may be so but I have yet to find or see a 'frag' grenade.

Smokes of different colors are in I know.

Keep up the good work, Thanks.

[/quote']

hey there,

this is not my wiki, I dont know who created that. That´s why I asked a developer team member to take a look on it to check for it´s accuracy.

I simply linked the wiki to this thread.

May be the former creator of the wiki will give you a more proper answer on your question, I could only give some guesses.

i have used Frags to kill large groups of zombie trying to climb up ladder

Where did you found those Frags? Military buildings I suppose?!

One of the first things i found was a frag grenade, threw it at a lone zombie when my mak ran out of ammo. Little did i know...

On topic' date=' there seems to be some confusion over the different grenades availablel.

[/quote']

I've found an M67 frag grenade in the military tents north of Stary Sobor, although I haven't had the chance to use it yet...

Confirmed (for myself, if not needed for anybody else :P ).

M67 are well and truly there.

Sorry if I caused any doubt.

I found a frag grenade when searching the NW Airfield yesterday, not off a corpse or anything. So I think they are legit loot.

So i have to memorize a wiki list or alt/tab to check every time i find a spicy new weapon?

Sadpanda.

:gets out notebook:

Any plans to better deal with this in the future?

What the heck is this about getting banned because picking up a gun??

Makes no effin sense, why are there guns spawning that net you a ban, and secondly, why does picking up a gun considered "not allowed" get you a ban? Just have the server kick you if you pick it up or something.

But please clarify the first question, why are some guns banned and why do they spawn if they are banned?

These bannable weapons don't actually spawn, if you've looked deep enough into threads and topics a lot of people will state hackers spawn guns into the game that are normally not available in the DayZ Mod. These guns don't normally have a picture next to them indicating that they are not to be used.

Okay. Well Legacy just cleared my question up for me. So basically it's one of those you should be able to easily tell if the gun should be there.

And should you be looting a bandit or survivor just make sure that gun seems legit.

Otherwise the loot spawns will be all good.

Well since i plan on ONLY killing in self defense, i should be ok. I guess im just goign to stick to loot piles.

But cant people drop items into said piles as well?

And legacy said "These guns don't normally have a picture next to them indicating that they are not to be used."

So some of these defective/illegal/hacked items DO have pictures? This little incident is turning out to be quite the paradox.

There is alot of guns with pictures but not listed in the loot tables and wiki because they haven't been found yet, all the guns you can't obtain are usually without pictures next to them.

Satchel Charges definately spawn now, and also I can confirm I've found many M67 Frags.

Found a Rucksack once, when I very first started playing, in one of the coastal towns back during like patch 1.5.3 or something. Haven't seen any since.

Unknown stuff: I picked an L109A2 frag (looks like an M67) off a dead player once. Have not seen this spawn on it's own yet. I also recall seeing an M203 40mm HE grenade once. Unsure if those are currently spawning anymore as well.

What's a G19 sidearm? Is that allowed? I've seen it twice in the world, and once on a bandit, but the wiki has no entry for it...

There's a weapons text file in one of the pbos

God tier
AA12_PMC
VSS_vintorez
SCAR_H_STD_TWS_SD
m8_tws_sd
M110_TWS_EP1

Demigod tier
BAF_L85A2_RIS_CWS
SCAR_L_STD_EGLM_TWS
AKS_74_GOSHAWK
DMR
M110_NVG_EP1
SCAR_H_LNG_Sniper SCAR_H_LNG_Sniper_SD
SCAR_H_STD_EGLM_Spect
SCAR_H_CQC_CCO_SD
m107_TWS_EP1
BAF_AS50_TWS
m8_tws
Pecheneg

Legendary tier
m8_holo_sd
SCAR_L_CQC_CCO_SD
M4A1_AIM_SD_camo
G36_C_SD_camo
AKS_74_UN_kobra
M14_EP1
SCAR_H_CQC_CCO
AKS_74_NSPU
FN_FAL_ANPVS4
SVD_NSPU_EP1
bizon_silenced
m107
BAF_AS50_scoped
PK
Mk_48_DZ
M249_DZ

Epic tier
MP5SD
SVD
BAF_LRR_scoped_W
Sa58V_RCO_EP1
BAF_L85A2_RIS_SUSAT BAF_L85A2_RIS_ACOG BAF_L86A2_ACOG BAF_L85A2_UGL_SUSAT BAF_L85A2_UGL_ACOG
m16a4_acg M4SPR M16A4_ACG_GL M4A3_RCO_GL_EP1
SCAR_L_STD_Mk4CQT SCAR_L_STD_EGLM_RCO
AKS_74_pso AK_107_pso AK_107_GL_pso
RPK_74
FN_FAL
M4A3_CCO_EP1
m8_compact_pmc
SCAR_L_CQC_Holo
M60A4_EP1
M240_DZ

Survivor tier
AK_47_M AK_47_S
Sa58P_EP1 Sa58V_EP1 Sa58V_CCO_EP1
AK_74 AKS_74 AKS_74_U AK_74_GL
AKS_74_kobra AK_107_kobra AK_107_GL_kobra AK_74_GL_kobra
G36C_camo G36K_camo
M16A2 m16a4 M4A1 M4A1_Aim M16A4_GL M4A1_HWS_GL
SCAR_L_CQC SCAR_L_STD_HOLO SCAR_L_CQC_EGLM_Holo
m8_carbine_pmc
BAF_L85A2_RIS_Holo BAF_L85A2_UGL_Holo
bizon
M1014
Saiga12K
LeeEnfield
UZI_SD_EP1
glock17_EP1

Okay tier
MP5A5
M24 huntingrifle
UZI_EP1
M9SD
Sa61_EP1
Winchester1866
Crossbow

Shit tier
Colt1911
revolver_EP1
M9
MakarovSD

So anyone know what the G19 sidearm is? I should have taken a screenshot I guess. I'll take a screenshot the next time I see it again.

So anyone know what the G19 sidearm is? I should have taken a screenshot I guess. I'll take a screenshot the next time I see it again.

If it's based on the Glock 19 in real life, then it's simply a more compact version of the Glock 17, which would probably take both M9 and G17 mags, although maybe not have a flashlight.

FYI: The list of weapons and equipment in http://dayzwiki.com is from reading the PBO's!

So it should be safe to loot stuff that is mentioned in the wiki!

Cheers

/sEi

So I just killed somebody about twenty minutes ago and they had a MK17 TWS SD, as I don't see it on the wiki I can take it he was a hacker?