Sign in to follow this  
Redshift

*IF* this is an Alpha then lets act like it

Totally agree. I think radical changes every (major) update just to see how far and in what direction Day Z can be pushed.

For example what would happen if there were no, or extremely rare guns. Would the world be full of axe weilding maniacs or helpful survivors?

Server wipes for every major update is a must in my book, too.

I tend to agree more with ZedsDeadBaby...I can't really get behind the whole server wipes per patch. At this point the game is just an experiment. Also, just because you are testing the game doesn't mean you can't play the game and enjoy doing both. People will always have something to complain about whether it is alpha, beta, or full release.

I bought ARMA II: CO just for this mod. I have thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it; the good, the bad, and the ugly. The only issue I have at all is when people (not this OP) make threads telling the dev team what they should do. For example, I've seen tons of threads telling the dev team that zombies are not meant to be fast, but, rather, they are supposed to be slow and whatnot. Threads like those are not helpful nor are they suggesting improvement. Those types of threads are just full of QQing. Now, threads that point out bugs like the wire fence problem, item loss issues, and glitches are extremely helpful to the dev team.

I'm just trying to survive, test, and have a little fun along the way.

Wow, i've never fallen asleep reading a thread before. Guess I need more sleep.

Your input is invaluable, and your post really added to the discussion. Good job.

I don't really think its neccessery to pick a fight wether we need to call this stage alpha, beta or open-gamma,

we (or some of us) are trying to lift this game onto a solid level, i think this is what matters.

True. I probably spent too much time on the definitions and such. I was just trying to use that as a way of highlighting the mindset that go along with different phases of testing. But you are right, in the end what it is called doesnt matter. A war of semantics doesnt help anyone, but open discussion does :)

True. I probably spent too much time on the definitions and such. I was just trying to use that as a way of highlighting the mindset that go along with different phases of testing. But you are right, in the end what it is called doesnt matter. A war of semantics doesnt help anyone, but open discussion does :)

The thing is, rocket is the one guy with the plan. Noone here knows where the road really goes.

Afaics he is very experienced with development, i don't think we need to tell him how to do stuff.

I would rather trust him all the way, because if there is one trustable man on this world, it would be him.

Obviously Rocket will ultimatly do what he wants to, what he feels is best for the game. But saying that we should not provide input and opinions is non-productive. If he didnt want input and opinions then there wouldnt be an open test. It is not a right of testers to give their opinions and input, it is our responibility. Just like it is our responsibility to report bugs and exploits instead of abusing them and keeping them as our own personal secrets.

Rocket will either read this thread, or not. If he reads it maybe he will say "there is some validity to that, maybe I should try it", or he wont and will ignore it. I am not "telling" him what to do, I am giving input and another perspective. In any case; we as players/testers putting our opinions out there can only either help the project or have no impact on it at all, it can not hurt the game.

Edited by Redshift