Shellamala

Make it harder, less loot

But I think the pull should be surviving instead! Finding food etc

That doesnt work for alot of people. Theres no pull to surviving if theres no point in it. People survive and loot places like Stary solely for the promise of NVGs and superloot. Remove superloot, and theres no reason to play the game. Hoarding beans to survive is no fun. But that one moment of instant gratification when you find your first pair of NVGs is unlike any other experience in any video game.

I'm not scared of getting shot. In fact, I'm waiting to get shot.

I just don't like how distant, easy and blunt a warfare becomes once you have sniper rifle. I want to be forced to get up close and personal to engage someone. This will also improve communication, - more standoffs, more epicness.

They are kinda rare, but people who own them will survive longer, which in the end makes sniper rifles quite common, which is not realistic. Even real military recon regiments do not have so much sniper rifles as average clan group has in-game now.

For all the things I do complain about in this game - lack of start weapon, ease of zombie aggro, I've never found sniper rifles worth complaining about. I'm almost positive the only one that has ever gotten me was the CZ. Someone sniping still has to see you to shoot you, and there's plenty of cover to be had. Few have the patience to actually play well as sniper. I've died trying to shoot a guy up close cause I had a sniper rifle, I've taken one off a guy with makarov easily, and once, after spawning without a weapon, I put the run to a sniper by aggroing a zed, getting them to follow me, running around the sniper and losing the zeds as they started chasing him. Yeah unless you have a love of walking through wide open fields, I don't see much need to fear a sniper. See one, close the distance with cover, and come up from behind.

I'm not sure how it is at end game since I've not come anywhere near there, but I'd imagine that at the moment the balance for end game is going to come from people with end game gear fighting each other a lot. That would decrease the amount of people running around with end game gear and make it a lot harder to hoard end game gear if you are having to use it to fight of people with equal gear to your own. But I guess there needs to be a catalyst for people with end game gear to be fighting eachother, since at the moment you can get kills on people still working their way up easy enough by stalking towns where new players go to get their starter gear and stuff. So perhaps once they either add a supported game mechanic where in end game that would work as a catlyst for end game PvP/PvE for instance, a lot of people talk about perhpas adding a mechanic to hold onto cities. If they added some benefits like ways to manufacture food or perhaps holding on to a city with a gas station and mechanic shop inside of or for pve just having area that require extreme tatics and team work against zombies, than perhaps the abundance of end game weapons would be more necessary. But I'm not completely sure yet, just me looking at what folks are talking about still.

Or even without a supported game mechanic you could still attempt to conqoure a town and create a place for new people to be safe, and for experianced players to trade weapons and stuff if your group had a desire to do so, which i guess why not try if folks feel like doing that. And than the people who think thats a stupid idea or want to raid the settlements can go and raid the city, and there ya go end game content galore! :P

the supeguns got to go. and I have faith that rocket agrees that they do not fit the mood of the game.

the supeguns got to go. and I have faith that rocket agrees that they do not fit the mood of the game.

I don't think they should be removed. They should be more rare and really sought after. And about the sniper rifles; all it would take for me is to change them from military grade sniper rifles to scoped hunting rifles and such. For me it's not about how powerful they are, it's just about the immersion and how it fits in the world. :)

Combine this with the idea of less ammo scattered around and the gameplay sill become really interesting.

Super weapons can be fixed by adding a weapon health mechanic. People have this perception, that clans with NVGs and Silenced guns have invincibility cloaks or something, they are just as vulnerable as a newbie on the coast, the only difference is, theyre in groups, and they can shoot farther and do it quieter. Acquisition of endgame gear is a huge incentive for teamwork. Everyone who finds NVGs has done so because they worked hard and because they had friends that worked hard with them.

Perhaps the introduction of an accelerated system where weapons degrade depending on how often they are used. This way, all the advanced players get to keep their superweapons, and all the noobs can stop whining because those advanced players will have to go and find new guns.

• Like 1

Is not just a question about weak weapons vs strong weapons. some weapons dont fit the game. they have almost zero risk. i think you should always bear some risks when using firearms.

In my opinion. OP sniper rifles such as the DMR should be removed. M24 should be the only one, if even that. And AK's & M4A1's etc. should be really hard to find, and weapons like Lee Enfield should be the "common" ones. It'd be great if everybody had a Lee Enfield instead of a M240 / AK74. Atleast it'd make the PvP a lot more fun.

In my opinion. OP sniper rifles such as the DMR should be removed. M24 should be the only one, if even that. And AK's & M4A1's etc. should be really hard to find, and weapons like Lee Enfield should be the "common" ones. It'd be great if everybody had a Lee Enfield instead of a M240 / AK74. Atleast it'd make the PvP a lot more fun.

Exactly.

I'd really enjoy having to fight with my Mosin nagant against people who are armed with pistols and bolt-action rifles instead of High-tec rifles.

I think this mod will be become much more fun if the settings were changed to Cold War 80' or after II WW 40'.

High tech stuff just don't fit theme.

it would be more fun and would be riskier cuz of the sound and aggro of nearby zombies

I have trouble getting weapons so its probably i just suck at the game... For now i do not agree!!! >.<

I have trouble getting weapons so its probably i just suck at the game... For now i do not agree!!! >.<

Just get an axe and go loot deer huts, a lot of guns there..

No one plays on night time servers anyway and what other guns could you add to it, they already took the l85 thermal/night scope out of it.... and added nothing else in replace

I beg to differ! I like playing on night servers and without nvg's purely because I'm a night owl :P It makes creeping on zombies and stalking players so much more intense, pushing the boundaries of the new 'vision' detector lol

EDIT: In fact, I will often spend a couple of hours trying to find a (poorly and often incorrectly labelled) night server

Edited by Miss_Nuts

Exactly!

Exactly.

I'd really enjoy having to fight with my Mosin nagant against people who are armed with pistols and bolt-action rifles instead of High-tec rifles.

Good to see more people agree with me!

I want a Chernarus where people are avoiding shooting zeds and humans becouse ammo is hard to find, the players are constantly searching for food and water. The most common weapons are bolt action rifles, axes, pistols and shotguns, Assult rifles are very hard to find.

Make it a constant strive for survival instead of a Deathmatch (No im not a recent bandit victim, infact im a former bandit who was a complete asshole), reward players who has been alive with something!

I posted the exact same suggestion a few hours before you and got nothing but abuse. Must be a timezone thing.

I agree wholeheartedly that loot should be a bastard to find. Food/water/meds etc. Ammo for good guns should be a bastard and the shit guns whould be easier, That way you get vets with an enfield and the M107 in the pack saving their precious bullets.

H What is now middle tier gear should be OMG-gear. And what is now good gear should be overkillgear.

That would make the game much more interesting. Because people wouldnt/couldnt shoot on sight because they may miss their target which would unessesary attract zeds and cost worthy ammo.

That would make the game much more interesting. Because people wouldnt/couldnt shoot on sight because they may miss their target which would unessesary attract zeds and cost worthy ammo.

precise!

Anti-Material rifles should be removed, but keep sniper rifles like the .308's. I agree the rarity should increase.

Man you are so bad.

Or, maybe he doesn't go around looking for unsuspecting players to just ruin their day for no reason? Think Watson, think.

I think the way towns / zeds are currently is almost spot on besides the visual bugs. It's become so that it's very unlikely that you'll be shot by another player during the day as it's much more dangerous to navigate. I don't agree with removing high calibre / tech equipment, but definitely rarity of ammo

Edited by Silent_Scone

Another solution: uberweapons spawn rate should be the same, but ammo spawn rate should be greatly lowered. It's realistic - soldiers have spent lots of ammo on zeds, though lots weapons are left by dead soldiers...

• Like 1

i agree with rarity of ammo

i agree with batteries for tech equipment (not just nvg but also gps)

i think that in a fire station you shouldn't find so much military weapons, another thing is in barracks where, ok you can find everything. and in civilian environment handguns aren't so common, it's more realistic to find hunting rifles, scoped or shotguns. i disagree with the supermarket problem,they are dangerous so you take a risk if you want all that stuff